Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

President Ark posted:

if you bet against your favorite team when they're disfavored in a game you're a cop. sorry i don't make the rules

Sometimes you just know that the Garages are going to garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

President Ark posted:

if you bet against your favorite team when they're disfavored in a game you're a cop. sorry i don't make the rules

I agree. I'd rather be broke and loyal to the Shoe Thieves than be a filthy traitor

Tea Party Crasher fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 26, 2020

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I will never bet against my beloved Tacos, and I will never have any reliable source of income

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

you will never convince me that Ortiz Morse will win a game, so I will just take my ~700 coins, thanks

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I always bet on my Garages.

I don't always bet a lot, mind you...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Squall posted:

Sometimes you just know that the Garages are going to garage.

I do enjoy that Seattle blaseball mirrors Seattle baseball in that way.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Helter Skelter posted:

I always bet on my Garages.

I don't always bet a lot, mind you...

I never bet on the Garages, because then I will feel responsible when they lose because I am a mildly superstitious gambling man.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Once you get to the maximum bet limit of 800, the gambling part gets pretty... boring?

I hit the limit this past Monday evening and now I've got ~60k. What is left to do here? I guess I should check out the Tacos discord for voting ideas?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Between Blaseball and Marble League I don't really care if real sports just shut down forever. Go Tacos!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

bawfuls posted:

Once you get to the maximum bet limit of 800, the gambling part gets pretty... boring?

I hit the limit this past Monday evening and now I've got ~60k. What is left to do here? I guess I should check out the Tacos discord for voting ideas?

I've been converting my coins into votes once I go over a certain point, we'll be getting into placing them soon. Thanks to Incinerations and Feedback, I want to wait and see what the Firefighters look like before I start spending votes.

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Aug 27, 2020

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

bawfuls posted:

Following your favourite player's Twitter, checking the fan art and lore, posting memes on the discord, poo poo talking the other teams in your subdivision.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

bawfuls posted:

Spend your money! I’m keeping things fun by always spending down to about than a thousand after placing my bets. This makes it so my bets have actual risk because I don’t have a huge pool of money in reserve.

There’s no reason to hoard your coins, since after you buy all the upgrades the only thing left is votes (and peanuts). Might as well save yourself a lot of clicking later by doing a little clicking now.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Alternatively, hoard your coins so when the end of the season comes around, we get them!

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

I started following Blaseball during the extended siesta, and picked the Garages as my team. It's mindblowing how much lore the fans have created. Also, this is the first Patreon I've ever donated to.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

All these blaseball lore and art people just want all these characters to gently caress. Please chill.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

40-Degree Day posted:

All these blaseball lore and art people just want all these characters to gently caress. Please chill.

You must be new to internet fandoms.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Most of the Garages Band folks are making music and 'zines and poo poo. Like, yeah, they also are an internet fandom who's every once in a while making cute non-binary marshmellows probably to gently caress but also making faildads with a heart of gold and skateboarders.

You take the bad with the good.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

40-Degree Day posted:

most of the Canada Moist Talkers are horrific monsters and don't gently caress

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

The joke that’s come to me for the Moist Talkers is “THE NORTH GOT SOMETHIN’ TO SPRAY”

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Lone Goat posted:

I got something you should probably know about horrific monsters created by fans.

They almost assuredly gently caress a LOT.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Seattle Garages update: Mike Townsend, former worst pitcher in the league, nearly threw a perfect game last night against the best pitcher in the league. We are currently almost back up to .500 and within spitting distance of a playoff spot, and I'm reading into this as the redemption arc that turns the team around before we make the playoffs and poo poo it away next season because lolol Seattle sports

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Necronomicon posted:

Seattle Garages update: Mike Townsend, former worst pitcher in the league, nearly threw a perfect game last night against the best pitcher in the league. We are currently almost back up to .500 and within spitting distance of a playoff spot, and I'm reading into this as the redemption arc that turns the team around before we make the playoffs and poo poo it away next season because lolol Seattle sports

It’s Seattle baseball, they aren’t allowed to make the playoffs. Thems the rules.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Fridays just had some scrub get incinerated and replaced with a 3-star hitter :cool:

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

going into the blaseball discord and asking everyone what their favorite cum town bit is

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
As a fan of the Tacos, the shittiest team in blaseball by a wide margin, I am deeply invested in 3/4 of the team being incinerated and hope it happens every time they have a game. Being a fan of bad teams in this is better than real life because at least there's always a chance some bum gets sent to hell instead of getting an eight year extension because your GM is a dumb rear end.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

InnercityGriot posted:

As a fan of the Tacos, the shittiest team in blaseball by a wide margin, I am deeply invested in 3/4 of the team being incinerated and hope it happens every time they have a game. Being a fan of bad teams in this is better than real life because at least there's always a chance some bum gets sent to hell instead of getting an eight year extension because your GM is a dumb rear end.

One of the most incredible things that happened last season is when the Firefighters had three guys in one game have peanut allergies, only to have a bunch of amazing rerolling at the end of the season thanks to blessings. Went from almost dead last to nearly guaranteed playoff slot.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Blaseball is great, I love Blaseball. I'm cheering for the Baltimore Crabs, who are all about carcinization and antitheism. It's a very open and welcoming community of you're new to blaseball and don't know which team to cheer for.

The Hawaii Fridays are pretty chill too.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

uh, something happened

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I blame Infinite Angeli

e: Not the Commissioner, of course, they're going a great job.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Blame the Tacos. We invite your hate. We have unlimited space to store it!

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Does anyone get randomly signed out of the Blaseball site every 1-10 minutes?

I've missed a few last-minute bets as a result. Including one on the Garages' epic win right now. (I just jinxed it, didn't I.)

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Yeah, I have a lot of log out issues. Lately (the past day or two) I've had to refresh the page to be able to get bets to load, or to watch the current game. Every time I refresh it logs me out.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

InnercityGriot posted:

Same here, however i say that with the caveat of "I don't actually want to lose any Wyatt. Or Mason. Or ESPECIALLY NaN, even though NaN might be the worst player in the league."

NaN hit a NaN-Slam. I love NaN.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

The site is getting completely slammed on a regular basis. I don't think the creators anticipated exactly how popular it would get. In some ways it's held together by duct tape

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

doos posted:

Same here, however i say that with the caveat of "I don't actually want to lose any Wyatt. Or Mason. Or ESPECIALLY NaN, even though NaN might be the worst player in the league."

NaN hit a NaN-Slam. I love NaN.

It's tough because I've grown weirdly attached to these disphits, but the team has a starting rotation where not a single pitcher has a rating above 1 and a half stars, the lineup came into the season with only four average to above average hitters (Breadwinner, Patel Beyonce, Rat Mason, and McDowell Mason) and got so unlucky with a feedback jolt that they somehow managed to get one of their four decent players taken. (Breadwinner, who by the numbers was having the best season of any of their players.)

So they have no star players (no 4 star players period), a mostly lovely lineup, and the worst rotation in the league. Some of these dudes need to get roasted.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

where can i find the Tacos discord? Or any team discord for that matter?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

bawfuls posted:

Click the discord link in the upper right of the website to reach the main discord, you can assign yourself to the Tacos in the Choose Your Team channel.

InnercityGriot posted:

It's tough because I've grown weirdly attached to these disphits, but the team has a starting rotation where not a single pitcher has a rating above 1 and a half stars, the lineup came into the season with only four average to above average hitters (Breadwinner, Patel Beyonce, Rat Mason, and McDowell Mason) and got so unlucky with a feedback jolt that they somehow managed to get one of their four decent players taken. (Breadwinner, who by the numbers was having the best season of any of their players.)

So they have no star players (no 4 star players period), a mostly lovely lineup, and the worst rotation in the league. Some of these dudes need to get roasted.

Now is when to plan for Sunday. I expect that the Tacos will be getting either a free run at Home or a fourth strike for Season Five, and if things go your way in the election you could boost up significantly.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

bawfuls posted:

Go to the blaseball discord and click the choose your team tab and it will unlock the team discord for you.

As far as Sunday planning, the Tacos discord already has a plan for votes. Not sure I agree with it, but there is a plan.

InnercityGriot fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 29, 2020

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Don't forget that outbidding everyone on blessings is just getting the most votes in a hat. The season 3 results were pretty nutty. The Jazz Hands won a blaserunning buff with 1% of the vote the Millennials had a 29% chunk of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

Lone Goat posted:

uh, something happened

Aaaaaaand max bets on all underdogs for the rest of the day it is, then. Let my bank account bleed