Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

So, this is pretty cool. Somebody crunched the numbers and ranked all the pitchers in the league by rotation position. The league works in such a way that the 1 starters will always face other 1 starters, 2s face 2s, and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I don't actually feel so bad about the Pies pitching now. Sounds like a lot of us will be aiming for the pitching improvement blessings.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

I love Blaseball and I especially love the community. Far far and away the best online game-related community I’ve ever participated in. This is such a salve for such a poo poo year.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

InnercityGriot posted:

So, this is pretty cool. Somebody crunched the numbers and ranked all the pitchers in the league by rotation position. The league works in such a way that the 1 starters will always face other 1 starters, 2s face 2s, and so on.

Considering blaseball players may only rest during a siesta and injuries are impossible, that's not surprising. No one ever needs rest, there's never pitching on short rest, there are no bullpens, etc. The "real' world would also always have aces face off if at that poo poo didn't matter.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

rickiep00h posted:

Considering blaseball players may only rest during a siesta and injuries are impossible, that's not surprising. No one ever needs rest, there's never pitching on short rest, there are no bullpens, etc. The "real' world would also always have aces face off if at that poo poo didn't matter.

Yeah, I know, I just think it's cool the league works that way and I like that it gives you a real clear idea of how your rotation stacks up. Like, the Tigers rotation, which is insane, they have one top ten pitcher in that rotation slot, two number ones, and two top five pitchers. They are going to have to get fluked out of the playoffs, I think.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Tacos and Flowers are in the 24th inning right now, tied 1-1

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

And so ends the regular season.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

The Crabs disappoint me once again - the whole team fell apart during the last 3 weeks of the season.

It's almost worse since we came so close. 52 wins versus 53 wins by both the Pies and the Talkers... I was seriously up til 1am last night waiting to see if we'd miracle it out.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Tibalt posted:

The Crabs disappoint me once again - the whole team fell apart during the last 3 weeks of the season.

It's almost worse since we came so close. 52 wins versus 53 wins by both the Pies and the Talkers... I was seriously up til 1am last night waiting to see if we'd miracle it out.

When I started a camping trip Thursday afternoon they were only a handful of games from taking top spot over the Tigers. Came back to civilization today to find they missed out on the playoffs by 1 game :negative:

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Tibalt posted:

You guys almost had it but the Pies choked in the 9th against the Talkers.

PLAYOFF UPDATE. Tigers and Moist Talkers currently in a win or go home game 5. Could be a big upset, most people figure on the Tigers being playoff favorites.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I bet on the Moist Talkers in hope of an upset... it's not looking good.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

I bet on the Moist Talkers in hope of an upset... it's not looking good.

I'm there with you and it's LOOKING UP NOW

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

InnercityGriot posted:

I'm there with you and it's LOOKING UP NOW

...drat

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

They wasted that leadoff triple, deserved to lose I suppose

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Welcome to the Moist Talkers Experience

We kept it close with the best team in the league, all three of our losses were in shame

Great season, we'll get em next year

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Thomas Dracaena hit a ground out to Edric Tosser.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I hear Thomas Dracaena hit a ground out to Edric Tosser.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Blaseball does not want to end. The last day of the season had the longest game in the history of the splort, and now the deciding game of the final series has gone to extra innings

e: oh no apparently that was a semi-final

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 29, 2020

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
NO FEAR

NO PAIN

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

tinstaach posted:

Blaseball does not want to end. The last day of the season had the longest game in the history of the splort, and now the deciding game of the final series has gone to extra innings

e: oh no apparently that was a semi-final

They had 2 weeks of no blaseball to make up for, it only makes sense we get as much blonus blaseball as possible

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I was hoping to see the good league take a championship this time around. Very excited for the election results tomorrow.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i feel like there's like 90% odds tame the tigers passes, given they won handily after losing the best batter in the league

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

President Ark posted:

i feel like there's like 90% odds tame the tigers passes, given they won handily after losing the best batter in the league
The problem is that the tigers are going to try to spike the second two most popular decrees and push them over the top. Between that and some really tasty blessings, I think they can do it.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I'll be fine with Tame the Tigers going through, but I think the fourth strike would just be more interesting, and the shame penalty thing too. My team is so far away from contention that I guess I'm more focused on Blessings for us. Any of the playoff/ close to playoff teams will be greatly aided by Tame the Tigers, though.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

InnercityGriot posted:

I'll be fine with Tame the Tigers going through, but I think the fourth strike would just be more interesting, and the shame penalty thing too. My team is so far away from contention that I guess I'm more focused on Blessings for us. Any of the playoff/ close to playoff teams will be greatly aided by Tame the Tigers, though.

A one off 4th strike was in play during Season 3, and one of the statlords wrote a paper on it and simulated the season if the four teams didn't receive it. Seemed interesting, at least. Mills got to the playoffs, but they also benefitted from another S2 blessing that earned them 8.5 stars worth of improvements to their players, and they made the playoffs in S4 without the 4th strike based on basically the same roster.

Simulated shame, however might have less application since shame is pretty rare, especially for a top 4 team. Here's how many shame games each of the top four teams lost in the regular season:

Tigers 2 (in a row!)
Jazz Hands 4
Firefighters 4
Millenials 4

I checked the stats and the extra runs that the shame applied to the next game didn't change the results of any of those followup games. Tigers' two shames were actually consecutive, and getting the shame runs carried from the first game to the next would have caused the second game to NOT be shamed.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I wonder if the bad things will stop if a team from the Good League ever wins 🤔

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

harperdc posted:

I wonder if the bad things will stop if a team from the Good League ever wins 🤔

The commissioner is doing a great job

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

There's a new tab on the site called Bulletin for news, fanart, ECHO, etc

Also you can now raise your Maxbet/Passive above 800/60

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Possible controversial opinion, but you know the Commissioner? I think they’re doing a great job.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I didn't realize Eat The Rich was each season! :aaaaa:

Time to go spend some more bankroll.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Pinwiz11 posted:

The Betting Snake Oil was increased up to 1000 if you'd like to spend a couple thousand coins quickly.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

I think it only got added to The Book recently but yeah the way it was written it was for every season.

Same way the S2 version of 4th Strike was just for S3, but the version we're voting on now is now applied every season.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Tibalt posted:

The Betting Snake Oil was increased up to 1000 if you'd like to spend a couple thousand coins quickly.

That's what I did. Maxing out that and passive income means that I should be in good shape.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was going to say it's smart to force people to spend out each season, but I guess you can still hoard votes, right?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

When are the election results usually posted? This is my first week participating in this cultural event of Blaseball.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

madmatt112 posted:

When are the election results usually posted?

Now.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Good lord, I saw in the discord that every team in the league has an average player rating above 2 stars, except for the Tacos who are all the way down at 1.39

72 losses and infinite here we come

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Maybe the Reverb and Alternate Realities means that an infinite stream of better Tacos players will showing up in UA?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Been playing two accounts the last few weeks and somehow I managed to straddle the redistribution line. One of them had 13k coins and was in the 99%. The other was 14k and in the 1%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

Pretty happy with the results of the election for the Crabs. Getting Ollie Notarobot off the pitching mound and into the rotation is going to improve the team by a lot, and switching James and Henderson isn't a bad situation either.

I'm kind of surprised at the decrees - Targeted Shame is super situational so I'm surprised so many teams went for it. I guess I'm not too upset about Alternate Reality. Changing up the lineups is probably for the best, but I'm going to be mad if Notarobot gets sent to the bullpen.