Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I feel like anybody that had been hoarding wealth for multiple seasons could just dump all of their money in peanuts/votes and secure their wealth anyway. Unless votes have to be spent during the season you buy them? I just started a few days ago so I'm still getting caught up on a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Wow I'm a Pies fan but you best believe I'll be cheering for NaN every time they go up to bat.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

What amazing news to wake up to. Jessica Telephone came back to my beloved Pies during Feedback as we shamed the Tigers.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I saw this shared in the Discord recently and found it to be helpful to managing monitor space. It displays the games in 2 rows of 5, and rearranges them nicely as I play around with the window size/zoom.

https://holmesmr.github.io/Blaseball-Userstyles/

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Yeah, I have a lot of log out issues. Lately (the past day or two) I've had to refresh the page to be able to get bets to load, or to watch the current game. Every time I refresh it logs me out.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Don't forget that outbidding everyone on blessings is just getting the most votes in a hat. The season 3 results were pretty nutty. The Jazz Hands won a blaserunning buff with 1% of the vote the Millennials had a 29% chunk of.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I don't actually feel so bad about the Pies pitching now. Sounds like a lot of us will be aiming for the pitching improvement blessings.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I was hoping to see the good league take a championship this time around. Very excited for the election results tomorrow.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

It's going to get so chaotic with so many different weather possibilities. I wonder if reverb will swap in an alternate player at random.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

To add insult to injury, one of the blessings steals the best pitching hitter in the league. So not only can they not utilize the best pitcher in the league, but at the end of the week someone else will be able to.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

If you guys aren't in the official Discord already, get in there! Even if you aren't into the fanbases there's some really cool and useful stuffed pinned in the stats channel. Heatmaps for reverb shuffle possibilities is especially pretty to look at. They also seem to be pretty on the ball with figuring out which players would be affected by blessings (best pitching hitter/best hitting pitcher) and stuff like that.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

It definitely could've been worse!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I absolutely love that the perfect storm of the Crabs winning Falling Stars with 5%, which happened to target Nagomi Mcdaniel and make him the best hitter, protecting Jessica Telephone from being stolen by the Jazz Hands. Maybe we didn't win any blessings... But we kept Jessica and that's more than we could have asked for.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

InnercityGriot posted:

The Tacos all focused on Soul Swap and ONLY got 27% of the vote.

I think that was even with some teams agreeing to back off from it too.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I'm already seeing ridiculous reactions to the potential fate of the top three idols. Some fans suspect the top three might be used as a blood sacrifice. The mere mention of this has people losing their minds.

Who knew people could get this invested in a multiplayer idle game?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I imagine the last couple days of this season are going to be nuts with people scrambling to change up the top 3 in hopes they save their beloved players and get rid of a rival.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I'm wondering if we all just get reordered each season but retain our specific blood effect. I don't really know if that would lead to any overall balancing, but it would at least make the Wild league feel a little more sustainable if it's just not a blanket "all stars to the top" and "all stars to the bottom" rule.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'm a Fridays fan. How should I vote? EPT looks like the best option for such a lousy team but wouldn't it only apply for like the last 10 games of the season? Or should I dump votes into one of the blessings that steals a good player?

Some teams have organized voting spreads on the official Discord if you want to try to vote with Friday interests. I know in the past they went hard on vibes for whatever reason, but there's no vibes blessings this time.

It's seeming likely EPT will pass, but it can't hurt to throw some votes there if you want. I think Fridays got to party time sometime Thursday night so you would get a little more mileage out of EPT than other teams right now if you have another rough season.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

On the Builetin page:

IDOLS
No Half Measures. CONSOLATION PRIZE: BATH TIME POSTPONED

I assume this means no Bloodbath this weekend?

Yeah, I guess so. Not sure how I feel about that, but maybe "postponed" just means it can happen whenever they feel like it in the middle of the season.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

It doesn't make it any less frustrating to have to log in almost every time I want to put a bet in and a good number of times I want to click on a player's/team's stats.

I get this in such weird spurts. A few hours will be constant refreshing and logging back in to do perform a single action. Then during the election results I'll have absolutely no issues accessing stuff.

Have you tried different browsers or mobile? I've heard varying results on just about every platform but it seems like a lot of people inexplicably find one that gives them fewer issues.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Three Pies players are partying! Not sure if they got any good stat increases. Ruslan still looks like a pretty bad pitcher!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Hahaha this is fantastic. I haven't been able to keep up with the play by plays plus the shelled one's dialogue. Looking forward to when it's all summarized!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Oh hey fellow Pie Fans! Yeah, I basically completely bounced off of the Discord as the base grew and there were just more and more people taking it way too seriously. I still check the weekly voting spreads and say hi sometimes but I hope we ascend sometime soon so I can move on. It's fine to have an "ah poo poo" reaction to coordinating everyone's voting efforts only to get nothing, but people hold onto that for the entire week and still can't get over Jessica Telephone. I also think a lot of Pies fans forget avoiding bad things during the election is a positive too.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

The Telescope is under bulletin, in case anyone wants to keep an eye on it!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Blaseball2.com was found and the 1 Star Blagonball is hiding behind the cloud on the center right!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

It's going to be in minimum 20 minute slow mode starting today, open to discussion later. I think that's fair for a small group of volunteers who have spent more than 11 consecutive weeks doing this.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I can't even imagine being attached to the Discord, or how anybody's donation is contingent on how fast they can post in the Discord.

But since it seems to be important enough for you to call the mods cowards for wanting a small break, maybe you can step up and offer to volunteer. At least you'll have less time to make lovely posts here.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I'm just saying mods should do their job and if they don't want to others will. Not to mention there aren't even open applications so your bad faith argument is pointless and needlessly passive aggressive.

Don't worry, I wasn't actually arguing in bad faith. I know you can't apply to moderate the Discord. I was actually just telling you to gently caress off for calling a small group of volunteers cowards.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

A little bit of Blaseball to tide everyone over starting Nov 17th!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

If anybody wants a peek at some of the coffee team names check out the Twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1326957605407744000?s=20

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

CHORBY :argh::allears:

e: Was anyone else using the "Big Screen Blaseball" style? Is it working for you now?

I was, it wasn't. They just pushed an update I think, and now it is!

https://holmesmr.github.io/Blaseball-Userstyles/ for anyone interested or for update instructions!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Oh yeah, if you click on the black hole weather icon you can see the Crabs.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

New concessions are available! I didn't pay much attention to how often players got swept away so I'm not so sure slushie is worthwhile, but the other two seem interesting.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I sold off my pitching concessions and went for slushies and wet pretzels. I wasn't really feeling pitcher hopping before and now I'm even more into passively playing the game and just watching numbers go up like an idle game.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1369672285653585922?s=20

Another Blagonball for the collection!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

The Wiki has a breakdown of the renovations the Crabs had available to choose from if you don't want to wait for your team to get access next week.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I'm kind of hoping the -IDES thing is just leading us to believe it's TIDES, but we find out it's SIDES and we see the other side of the coin.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Didn't realize The Microphone's Twitter was active again. Looks like Wyatt wants us to do something with Uncle Plasma and Liquid Friend. Lots of people seem to be guessing idol, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's something different like "flip" and we need to do something with wills to move them around.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

The Game Band released another statement clarifying where they stand: https://medium.com/@thegameband_studio/a-clarification-on-exploits-season-14-and-strategic-fluting-338bf7d09109

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/SIBROfficial/status/1379812555380686855

Foul balls increase park filthiness. I'm not sure if the implication is the balls themselves are gross or they're just never picking them up and there's balls everywhere. I hope it's both.