Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Go Garages #parkem

Blaseball is certainly having a better couple of weeks than real baseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the last stat: 'Soulscream'

:stare::stare::stare:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Patreons were just alerted to the existence of Blagonballs, so time to strap the gently caress in.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Postman posted:

What amazing news to wake up to. Jessica Telephone came back to my beloved Pies during Feedback as we shamed the Tigers.

!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1298584896076525568

Wowwwww

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Squall posted:

Sometimes you just know that the Garages are going to garage.

I do enjoy that Seattle blaseball mirrors Seattle baseball in that way.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

most of the Canada Moist Talkers are horrific monsters and don't gently caress

The joke that’s come to me for the Moist Talkers is “THE NORTH GOT SOMETHIN’ TO SPRAY”

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Necronomicon posted:

Seattle Garages update: Mike Townsend, former worst pitcher in the league, nearly threw a perfect game last night against the best pitcher in the league. We are currently almost back up to .500 and within spitting distance of a playoff spot, and I'm reading into this as the redemption arc that turns the team around before we make the playoffs and poo poo it away next season because lolol Seattle sports

It’s Seattle baseball, they aren’t allowed to make the playoffs. Thems the rules.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I wonder if the bad things will stop if a team from the Good League ever wins 🤔

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

so the Garages didn't get squat in the lotteries (again), there's Idols where we can choose a favorite player, and apparently the Garages are a Blood Donor - donating stars to lower-ranked teams in their own division?

so we're a high-payroll team that didn't land any free agent stars but still somehow have to pay in for the luxury tax. Huh.

I almost wish they'd do these major changes every other week, just to let things stay stable for a bit longer, but I'm fine for the most part. Also very very glad the Jazz Hands got moved to the other league. Less happy to play the Tigers more often.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

InnercityGriot posted:

Yeah, but according to the stats people on discord, the percentage chance to win for each team is actually conservative, they estimated it was like ten percent higher than what it says (ex. a 55% chance is really more like 65).

so it's like XCOM stats then

I've built things up enough that I'm sure to be in the 1% this next time, which is fine. I just hope the Garages make the post-season.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the blood bath effects are at least currently listed as 'permanent,' currently teams in each of the four divisions have the same effect (so Wild High all have one, Mild High have a different, etc.).

Which makes me wonder what happens when the divisions get shuffled again.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/blaseball_radio/status/1304769448168091648

OMG

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

so now the red line is for the top 10, not just top 3 on the Idols page.

I wonder what fresh madness that will bring to us this season.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

looks like there's one very good option for the Decrees this year, let's see if the big teams go for it too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I think the official account was retweeting a ton of variations on “*sobs* smoke ‘em” jokes and I am here for it.

RIV Marijuana

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

WhiteHowler posted:

What does partying do?

Now it’s a chance that players will get permanent stat increases. It’s based off a joke from earlier seasons.

quote:

I know there's a wiki and a Discord and a Twitter, but the Blaseball page itself makes it really hard to understand anything that's going on (as much as you can understand this splort at all).

I mean part of that is definitely on purpose - things like players getting shelled last week/season had unknown consequences until the first game, and wasn’t clarified until later this season on the hover-over.

Strap in and let the weird wash over you.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oh man an actual Pitching Machine has now appeared in blaseball, anybody else remember gyroball's Baseball Mogul LP threads?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm so happy they've updated the postseason interface, this is cool and good

go garages #parkem that Mild league is looking feisty

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

I've been doing breakdowns of the happenings for my friends, and it's explaining this poo poo that really makes me love the game. I'm not super invested in trying to change the game all that much (I think the Crabs are kinda unstoppable in that way), but I absolutely love the weird poo poo that happens.

And, real talk, I hope this gets more nerds into sports fandom. It's really no different than the narratives we make up about tabletop and video games.

The absolute best thing that happened last season was the Crabs getting 2016 Golden State Warriors’d and 2001 Yankees’d at the exact same time. They were the fan base wanting to fight god, and they almost got their wish, except they yakked a 2-0 lead to the Shoe Thieves.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Squall posted:

I'm sorry to say, but the Garages aren't really good anymore.

losing Jaylen was big, because what was a mediocre pitching rotation is now awful. In the grand tradition of late '90s Seattle baseball, the pitching sucks but the batting is insane.

hoping we get into Party Time and improve. Gotta take another crack at it in a season or two's time.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

tinstaach posted:

NO, HOW BOUT A DOMINIC MARIJUANA WALKOFF BOMB

I’m imagining the Kirk Gibson homer but with much more weed smoke wafting from the batter’s box.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’m sorry, Garages, you’ve been great.

But I can’t turn down an ILB team in my backyard.

Time to get swole. Come on you Lift.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

They've said that Season 11 is a kind of epilogue to the first true era of Blaseball, so I'm not sure if I should get used to the Black Holes and Suns or not.

also seems like the Lift have lost at least 8 wins at this time, which sucks.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

w00tmonger posted:

Just found out about this glorious thing before finding out about a hiatus.

Wtf is the deal? Rocking Hawaii fridays

It’s baseball

Except after the World Series there was a boss fight against God

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Lift getting Strength is perfect.

The results are out, it appears the decrees do the following per Page 2 of The Book:

• Ballparks - looks like each team will somehow get to build ballparks
  • Deface - This looks like it has to do with the Elections and Fairness
  • Eat - concession sales!

We all love Blaseball, hoping the grand siesta is a productive one.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

think of the Coffee Cup as the Olympics except by coffee preference instead of nation-state.

[FOGHORN SOUND]

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Commissioner is (Not) Doing a Great Job

(joke shamelessly stolen but still good)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

TOMORROW

(Make sure to log in tonight and get your free Flute to switch back to your team)

WAFC

But I already joined my local team once it was added?

We Got Swole y’all

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

You missed out on the entire Coffee Cup during the siesta?

oh duh that's right, for some reason "once a week" slipped by me.

the whole website just updated, and it's pretty nifty.

...and uh it looks like they're adding On Fire mode from NBA Jam to the batters from this season?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Spicy has been there for a while. Sandie Turner got it first, then the season when we voted on weather decrees, one player on each team got it.

ah okay I double checked, I guess it's been too long.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The concept of inventory limits certainly is a choice too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

it looks like the stadium-related stuff isn't integrated yet (per the Book so YMMV), so the pizza is safe to drop for the time being.

the tarot card reading is interesting, I got that done last night so we'll see what happens in the first break.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

how did the Dalé get good, this seems unsustainable

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The third priority of the Lift (trusting Wyatt) is the only one that got achieved. The correct player was pulled from the shadows but didn’t replace who the Discord hive mind were targeting, and Uncle Plasma went elsewhere.

“Buffing an incinerated player” is why the strategy channel suggests voting once the season is over, too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sockser posted:

A lot of players got flippers so I'm thinking flooding is actually going to become more common ???

the Coin also mentioned that the flooding was under control, so you know what that means it will not be

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

marhom posted:

Obviously, the Coin's shift in tone is important but I'd like to point out the wording around Her pronouncement about MVPs.

quote:

Delivering Our MVPs.

the vc-speak side of it as 'minimum viable product' when coupled with the verb 'deliver' is moderately obvious but uh, have y'all noticed how we're getting a lot more defined locations / states?

the characters are getting less otherworldly and more directly related to the real world so this isn't a surprise. we're in for Story and What It All Means in this era.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Not sure how limiting it’ll be because even the Tokyo Lift (which I fluted to once they joined from the Garages) got to 100% for the stadium in a few hours after this opened.

Lift are looking at Free Wills as a way to boost a bad team, not necessarily to snipe good players away. I think consensus on that is being low on the order means trying to steal a player is liable to backfire.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Do stadiums keep taking funding if they're still listed as 100% or is that me?

It did for me too

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

It's like watching a bunch of people who have never seen baseball before trying to mathematically prove baseball fundamentals with no idea that the answers are just staring them in the face. This is fascinating.

saw in the Liftcord somebody say "I'm British and just learned what WHIP is" which makes me :911: in real life.

also the Lift were plucked for the wild card round? wow. glad I got that free extra vote :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I wonder if there'll be complaints on the immaterial plane about how late the games are for the east coast if we get a Fridays-Tacos Internet Series.