Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Nephzinho posted:

Extra Wills would result in crazy crazy things happening and a LOT more player theft.

Any Crabs in here, how much was the first renovation you funded? How much is the second?

It's hard to say. We have a bit of a tracker going for the renovations in the discord for the onces we were trying to get but not sure we have any serious idea how much was actually contributed outside of the sheet. I'd wager maybe 1-2 mill for the first reno and I suspect it might scale up after that. It seems like we only have one rennovation funded so far but are ~45% to another. We might know totals after latesiesta when everything drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

Extra Wills would result in crazy crazy things happening and a LOT more player theft.

Any Crabs in here, how much was the first renovation you funded? How much is the second?

The Crabs did math and figured out the following re renovation costs:

1st 1 million (could be 2 mill, not enough data)
2nd 4 million
3rd 16 million

So there ya go. We're stopping at 2 upgrades this time it seems.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

Main Blaseball Discord: OH cool the coin is reading off the mvps how fun!

Crabs discord: oh no we're gonna lose all the mvps aren't we

We still haven't recovered from the early season dramas.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

bawfuls posted:

does the Fourth Strike simply mean all your hitters take 4 strikes to strikeout or was there some other condition on it?

Seems like by far the best Will-related buff.

Yep exactly that. It's pretty good

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

Crabs -- how much are your renovations?

Far as we can tell the base cost this time is 1.5 mil so 1.5 for first and 6mil for second. We're not trying for 2 as an organized effort but it might happen if people want. I think we're about 40% to the second ATM (I dropped my pizza for snacks already)

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wow Crabs plundered everybody

so that's some sabotage voting right?

I can tell you as someone following crabs strat planning the only one we were going for was Nagomi. York was a surprise to us as well.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

It's because Blaseball is happening almost constantly between noon Monday and late Saturday and someone needs to be watching the game then entire time in case something catastrophic happens.

TGB is a relatively small team and they'll burn out hard without breaks to let them iterate and improve the game.

This, they ran it constantly for a few months then basically ended up needing one really long break to get back to it. The 3 on/2 off gives them time to look at the story and mechanics and adjust as they need/want to get the game to be the best it can be.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

Abyssal Squid posted:

Yep, also runners advancing from second to third on a sacrifice. The bug is known as "holding hands."

Yep, it's a "rule" in Blaseball that two (or more?) people can be on base together but they have to hold hands. It came up on the trial too

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

flatluigi posted:

for posterity

Blaseball is so stupid. I love it.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Game 69, Mechs vs Steaks was a nice one.

Mechs were temporarily down to a single batter, Kelvin Drumsolo, because the other 6 batters had been swept Elsewhere. Steaks got reverbed earlier so they had a two star pitcher on the mound.

Each "Blank is Elsewhere" message takes 2-3 seconds, so there was a 15 second gap between each at bat for Kelvin, and he had over 40 plate appearances. That's over TEN MINUTES of unskippable cutscenes in one game.

Steaks got pasted for over 20 runs in Black Hole weather so they earned two unwins this game, and the Mechs pitcher Jolene Willowtree threw a one-hit shutout which was the only thing that prevented a spillover, because the game ended after about 59 minutes and 30 seconds.

Sadly a couple other Mech batters returned from Elsewhere midgame so the Drumsolo solo will not continue.

Kelvin also tripled and got 3 runs off of himself, hit 2 grand slams (sadly by this point other batters were back so it wasn't Kelvin solo slams to my knowledge), stole second and third base at the same time, and exited the secret base while he was at bat. Truly, it was peak Blaseball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

I bet there's candy inside this time, like those little Lifesavers books!