Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Magic got a whole lot better with Chorby Short getting a really big infuse making her an actually scary batter, and trading wyatt glover for a much better shadow player.

This team is fun because some of the stats that would be bad on any other team are good on magic, and vice versa. Moxie is the big one, it basically works as the "ball discipline" stat deciding when players swing or try for Balls.

Magic's "0 no blood" perk makes us incapable of striking out with no balls on the count. So we want players who have zero moxie if possible, characters who are blindfolded at the plate just swinging wildly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

I enjoy the lore elements so far as "it's like baseball in Night Vale" and bounce off of it when it starts moving into "blatant self-insert" territory, personally, and I figure that's fine. One of the things I really do admire about the blaseball community is the notion that everyone's canon is equally valid, so I can watch the numbers happen and enjoy the idea of Cory Twelve the Survey Robot being adorable without delving into Cory's deep and existential pain after the loss of Cory's friend Sutton Picklestein. You choose your own level of interest and involvement, and I think that's fantastic.

My only beef with The Deep Lore is when I see people advocating for goals that would be counterproductive to a team's success because of reasons I can't bring myself to care about (snip)

I'm exactly with you here. I love things like Raul getting a magic bat that protects their team from incineration, but not themselves. There's a lot of white noise fanfic though.

There are passionate arguments happening in the Magic's new technical stats discord channel because future votes are being discussed and options set out, but the lore focused fans are rabidly against change because it ruins their headcanons. Even trading a player would ruin the game for some highly invested people.

I wouldn't want to be a moderator of that, hoo boy. They're doing a great job keeping it civil though.

Also magic GOOD this season so far, wowie

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

tsk, Mills hogging all the Chorbys

this is why their generation isn't buying houses, they're spending all their money on Chorbys

They really are hogging them. The tigers were planning to save Chorby Short through a series of plundering and reforming her, maybe incinerating some umpires in the process. They're fireproof so it's safe to have an unstable player on their team. But the mills decided they wanted to keep her as a pitcher to help their struggling team.

Magic and tigers both are disappointed because it was an action-movie level rescue effort that everyone thought was really cool. but there's nothing to be done. The mills' will to move Short would take place after a plunder by the tigers, so it would undo the plunder. A lot of really bad feelings are coming out over it.

I've found that a byob-type attitude is best here, both to avoid issues with the already overbearing discord moderators, and out of concern for my team's safety: we wait until the mills help our frog out and make her safe to bring home, then run a friendly, lighthearted, but absolutely massive amount of propaganda to bring her back to yellowstone once she's safe.

Jinh fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Apr 15, 2021

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nephzinho posted:

Our pitching is terrible and we offered to stay out of the way in exchange for a help fixing it. Go ahead and take her next week when she's in the rotation instead of a shadow, we'll get then what we asked for now - if she's still alive. We have no plans to reroll mods knowing she's getting taken right away.

You know, a lot of conversations seem to be happening in team chats and between team representatives instead of general chat and that's probably where a lot of the bad vibes are coming from.

In magic chat, we were told by a mod that the cool tiger/magic wimdy rescue plan was being made, but also told to keep it on the down low. So when Short dropped into the mills they probably had no idea about it and decided to put her in the rotation. Our mods saw that, came back and said "oops plans cancelled the mills wanna keep her" which upset a lot of people including me.

No magic and mills people talked except for team reps that I'm aware of, so it's all a game of telephone. Magic has no idea that mills aren't planning to reroll lol, your post is the first I've heard of it.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nephzinho posted:

Sorry, this was annoying enough to talk through on millscord that I'm sick of the topic. The sim handed us a great opportunity, we're willing to let it pass us by, but we need to get something out of it.

e; Let the reps deal with it. But its not like the Mills are trying to stop this plan and not willing to work something out, we came to the table in the first place to prevent the Tigers from wasting a will.

I popped over in mills channels for a vibe check but didn't see any conversation happen, didn't realize it was so hot there.

Personally I'd be happy to trade curry aliciakeys, but I think magic generally won't try to plunder her until unstable is dealt with so that probably won't happen. This team is, uh, really attached to its players. So more than likely it will be tigers who make a move in season 17 election, or a wimdy from a crazy magic fan.

You're right that this is probably on reps to deal with although I don't like how much they're already kinda taking over decisionmaking, so I'll drop it and just enjoy the really good frog in the big city fanart.

Also sorry to hear about the awful losing streak lately, woof.
https://twitter.com/RFoluler/status/1382779281189834754?s=19

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cannot believe the pies were 1 win from most wins during a regular season, and 2 wins from most wins overall ever... and we lost 3 70% games in a row to the lovers. Philly curse.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

tinstaach posted:

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1409210681161830402

(If you haven't found the Dogs yet they're in the Library > Pre-History I > 8. An Eclipse)

Also try petting a player on the team a few times.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cackling with mad abandon that not only did the pies survive unstable, the eclipse killed Bright Zimmerman!! Today rules

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Arrows were added to the map so you can go through it day by day and see how teams have moved

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
:vince:

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah the actual games got impossible for me to enjoy a few seasons ago, but I still check the blasebot channel every couple hours at work for new cool poo poo. I'm excited to be able to enjoy watching again after this season

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
what a fuckin sendoff, i love this dumb game and im glad i got some friends roped into it by ranting nonstop so we all got to watch the ending together today. GO PIES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Loved this game. Yeah, the original was lightning in a bottle and I have no idea how they could have brought it back with the same magic and make it sustainable. The most recent return was a big failure and I'm glad they shut it off to not hurt its reputation permanently