Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Jesus this is addictive. I really want the Tacos to get good, if I were to vote for a blessing or something at the end of the season, I wonder which would be most advantageous for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
As a fan of the Tacos, the shittiest team in blaseball by a wide margin, I am deeply invested in 3/4 of the team being incinerated and hope it happens every time they have a game. Being a fan of bad teams in this is better than real life because at least there's always a chance some bum gets sent to hell instead of getting an eight year extension because your GM is a dumb rear end.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

doos posted:

Same here, however i say that with the caveat of "I don't actually want to lose any Wyatt. Or Mason. Or ESPECIALLY NaN, even though NaN might be the worst player in the league."

NaN hit a NaN-Slam. I love NaN.

It's tough because I've grown weirdly attached to these disphits, but the team has a starting rotation where not a single pitcher has a rating above 1 and a half stars, the lineup came into the season with only four average to above average hitters (Breadwinner, Patel Beyonce, Rat Mason, and McDowell Mason) and got so unlucky with a feedback jolt that they somehow managed to get one of their four decent players taken. (Breadwinner, who by the numbers was having the best season of any of their players.)

So they have no star players (no 4 star players period), a mostly lovely lineup, and the worst rotation in the league. Some of these dudes need to get roasted.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

bawfuls posted:

where can i find the Tacos discord? Or any team discord for that matter?

Go to the blaseball discord and click the choose your team tab and it will unlock the team discord for you.

As far as Sunday planning, the Tacos discord already has a plan for votes. Not sure I agree with it, but there is a plan.

InnercityGriot fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 29, 2020

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

So, this is pretty cool. Somebody crunched the numbers and ranked all the pitchers in the league by rotation position. The league works in such a way that the 1 starters will always face other 1 starters, 2s face 2s, and so on.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

rickiep00h posted:

Considering blaseball players may only rest during a siesta and injuries are impossible, that's not surprising. No one ever needs rest, there's never pitching on short rest, there are no bullpens, etc. The "real' world would also always have aces face off if at that poo poo didn't matter.

Yeah, I know, I just think it's cool the league works that way and I like that it gives you a real clear idea of how your rotation stacks up. Like, the Tigers rotation, which is insane, they have one top ten pitcher in that rotation slot, two number ones, and two top five pitchers. They are going to have to get fluked out of the playoffs, I think.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Tibalt posted:

The Crabs disappoint me once again - the whole team fell apart during the last 3 weeks of the season.

It's almost worse since we came so close. 52 wins versus 53 wins by both the Pies and the Talkers... I was seriously up til 1am last night waiting to see if we'd miracle it out.

You guys almost had it but the Pies choked in the 9th against the Talkers.

PLAYOFF UPDATE. Tigers and Moist Talkers currently in a win or go home game 5. Could be a big upset, most people figure on the Tigers being playoff favorites.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

I bet on the Moist Talkers in hope of an upset... it's not looking good.

I'm there with you and it's LOOKING UP NOW

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

They wasted that leadoff triple, deserved to lose I suppose

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I'll be fine with Tame the Tigers going through, but I think the fourth strike would just be more interesting, and the shame penalty thing too. My team is so far away from contention that I guess I'm more focused on Blessings for us. Any of the playoff/ close to playoff teams will be greatly aided by Tame the Tigers, though.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
The Tacos got screwed. The commissioner... he....he is doing a great job....

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

LMAO Tacos. Chart shows star difference on team from last season to this season.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Even with the Fridays hit by the reverb pretty bad, they're still favored over the Tacos by almost 70-30 odds, deservedly so

The Lovers rotation is insane by the way.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Looked like the Tigers were gonna lose 0 to -1 for a long while, but they rallied to win.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

The Pussy Boss posted:

Fridays in 1st place somehow?

They are confounding to me. It's York Silk being godlike on his own, and Elijah Valenzuela, a 1.5 star player, putting up a 1.079 OPS. I have to figure they're gonna come down to Earth but they just don't.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Elijah Valenzuela is currently hitting .422 with a .500 OBP, halfway through the season. Might be the first blaseball hitter to hit .400 for the year, and he's a 1 and a half star player.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Worst teams in blaseball right now, by run differential.

Boston Flowers -56
Miami Dale -65
Hellmouth Sunbeams -81
Houston Spies -118

Unlimited Tacos -263 (GOOD GOD)

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Not sure if we're supposed to do this, but I've been dumping votes into Soul Swap anyway. Tired of that sad sack, losing is fine, Cubs talk. I can't believe Patel got reverbed, this team has no luck.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Tibalt posted:

The beauty of Blaseball is that when the Cubs suck, you can actually do something about it. Soul Swap seems like a great improvement for the Tacos, assuming they don't get unlucky and the new randomize players are among the worst.

Hell yeah, gonna single-handedly buy them that blessing if I can.

MVP Talk, here's my order right now:

1. Nagomi Mcdaniel, hitting freakin' 9th
2. Jessica Telephone, awesome but not like last season
3. Workman Gloom, just a steady, great hitter
4. York Silk, carrying a mostly bad Fridays team into playoff contention

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Update going into game 99:

The Tacos got a last minute feedback that somehow made them worse again.

Playoffs:

Good League:
Tied for 1st: Millenials and Lovers, last day will decide their seeding
3rd: Firefighters
tied for 4th: Steaks and Breath Mints, Steaks win and they're in, Mints need a win and a Steaks loss

Evil League:
1st: Crabs
2nd: Jazz Hands
3rd/4th: Tigers or Moist Talkers in either position, depending on the last game outcomes.

My personal call is that the Jazz Hands are underrated going in. They have two of the best pitchers in blaseball right now and good rotations are important in the playoffs.

EDIT: Almost forgot, targeted shame is going to affect the outcome of this season, the Jazz Hands start at -3 against the Steaks, so the Mints are really living on a prayer

InnercityGriot fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 4, 2020

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Crabs just got shamed and eliminated in extras, so playoffs are now...

Jazz Hands vs Moist Talkers in the Evil league
Lovers vs Firefighters in the Good league

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

good news! Wyatt Glover got reverbed onto the magic in game 98 for Halexandrey Walton whose stats are 1.5* batting, 2* pitching, 1.5* baserunning, 3* defense

I was really pissed at that at first, but Walton is actually a little underrated at 1.5 stars, she has a solid walk rate. Behind Rat and Mcdowell she's actually the third best hitter in our lineup. (Which is pathetic but hey.)

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Game 3 of the Jazz Hands- Moist Talkers series has a crazy pitching match-up, August Sky vs. Polkadot Patterson, two top five pitchers

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

The Pussy Boss posted:

Discord is confusing and I don't know where anything is on the discord, so just gonna ask here: do we know WTF the Decrees do?

We don't exactly know but one popular theory is that most of them are about switching up the teams in leagues. My theory is that High Filter will increase the chances of Feedback.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Now the best part of blaseball... to wish for your favorite teams’s shittiest players to horrifically mutate into something better

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
The game is going to get uneven too because people will flock to the best teams, getting them more votes and the best teams will have the most votes to spend. You kind of already saw it with this round of voting, the Crabs were able to get into the like twenty percent range with a bunch of different blessings. The Tacos all focused on Soul Swap and ONLY got 27% of the vote.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I’m obviously going to wait and see on the results but the Tacos being in a division where everyone feeds stars into the top team just seems lame. The team has been in desperate need of even slight improvement and there’s a good chance they’ll be worse at the end of this season.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Harry Lime posted:

The new weather type Bloodrain also looks like it will have a leveling effect over the season potentially. In this first game the Crabs pitcher had his pitching stars dropped to 1 and all the excess transferred to a Yellowstone Magic player so no player is safe.

It actually sucked the Crabs pitcher’s batting stats and have it to the Magic batter, so the crabs didn’t even get hurt really.

Vote for Enhanced Party Time btw you degenerates

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Season 5-6 improvements/regressions.

Oof Hawaii, of course Crabs

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Lotta stuff happened last night so let me try to compile all of it:

- Dickerson Morse bloodrained Oritz Morse's baserunning
- Forrest Bookbaby was incinerated and replaced by Alston Cerveza
- Richmond Harrison and Fish Summer switched teams in feedback
- Valentine Games and Conrad Vaughn switched teams in feedback
- Montgomery Bullock bloodrained Alaynabella Hollywood's pitching ability
- Antonio Wallace and Lachlan Shelton switched teams in feedback
- Francisca Sasquatch and Wyatt Owens switched teams in feedback

LEAGUE THOUGHTS:

- The Crabs are insane and deserve a Tame the Tigers style decree, Crush the crabs or something. They are way more dominant than any blaseball team has ever been.
- The Moist Talkers took a heavy fall from grace, and the Hawaii Fridays are at the bottom of their division, two over performing teams from last season got hit with the regression bat, plus league realignment.
- The Wild Low division is hilariously incompetent and all but one of those teams will likely get even worse by next season because of blood winner, unless they win the division buff decrees.
- Even when a feedback happens for the Tacos, they can only get a worse or even result. Sucks man.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Yeah, but according to the stats people on discord, the percentage chance to win for each team is actually conservative, they estimated it was like ten percent higher than what it says (ex. a 55% chance is really more like 65). Maybe the Crabs dominate the regular season and flop in the playoffs though, we can live in hope.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

bawfuls posted:

Looking at the division related star redistribution and things are... interesting.

The Crabs (63-12) are going to have to give stars to the worst team in their division, currently the Firefighters or Millenials both 37-38.

The Tacos (25-50) are going to have to give stars to the best team in their division, currently the Flowers at... 37-38.

The bloodbath sucks and I hate it

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

rickiep00h posted:

It only really sucks for the Wild Low division.

As an AL Central fan, let me assure you that even a division that for decades harbors some of the worst teams in baseball, they can still fluke into championships because that's how sports do.

Splorts is just sports but bigger. You can tell because it has another letter.

Yeah, but the Tacos aren't fluking into any championships any time soon. Giving our paltry stars to a better team feels bad, we already suck and are the worst team in the league.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
RIP Randall Marijuana, best player to be incinerated

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Flowers going to the playoffs on the back of an absolutely insane final game

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Telephone and Mcdaniel Shelled, whatever that means

Also, LOL, the Mexico City Wild Wings are now the Wexico City Mild Wings

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1304492757847662592

PLAYOFFS TOMORROW!

I like Crabs in a walk for the whole thing, with first round upsets by Garages and Lovers over Pies and Jazz Hands whose best players are SHELLED. Tigers a good dark horse this year, they've been quietly good.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Offseason blaseball, like basketball, is the best part. Can't wait for the Tacos to miraculously only win one blessing and get the one that steals Nagomi Mcdaniel, who is in a shell and will likely be stolen after this season.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Enhanced Party Time is as good as a Blessing for the Tacos, probably better

Yeah, I'm excited for that, looks pretty good early for it passing too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Not sure I’m supposed to be saying this but I guess it doesn’t matter, wild low as a division has agreed to go hard on sharing signs and move the mound. In the Tacos discord those two, are our highest vote getters. EPT is also a priority and basically any team that isnt guaranteed a playoff spot should go for it, it’s a guaranteed chance for improvement rather than the lottery of blessings.