Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

BOSS?

THE MONITOR HAS A BOSS?

The answer is always Angela.

e: oh poo poo

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1317642333861548033

Definitely not suss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Proud of my shoe thieves, stealing so many goddamn blessings

But... the Tokyo lift is calling my name ~

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yeah I think we're gonna have redo of the election.

The new bad guy (COIN I guess) says theres gonna be a grand siesta season 11. Maybe thats gonna be moved up

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Tekopo posted:

Guess I'm a Lift now!

same

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The shoe thieves are pretty nice and friendly if you’re feeling abandoned. I did briefly leave them when the lift appeared, but went back because everyone is so friendly and chill and happy when our team does good or bad. We basically lost zero fans when we got cursed.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Its really funny that all of the "anti weather" blessings do nothing this season

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Blackhole is incredibly funny

quote:

The underdog Shoe Thieves won the game.
The Magic were shamed!
The Black Hole swallowed a Win from the Shoe Thieves!

Score 2-1 thieves win

current record
Magic 0-3
Theives 2-0

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Several lines are crossed out of the book now. Including ascension~

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

You cant cutback on posting
you will regret this!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The gameband team is literally 6 people

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

WHOSE KICKS OUR KICKS

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Its very funny that you can make more money passively from team losses than wins

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

rickiep00h posted:

The Atlantis Georgias is most amazing a name.

I laughed pretty hard at this one. Also their player minty shupe seems pretty decent

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

http://www.blaseball2.com/

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Peanutiel Daniel was swept elsewhere by the new flooding weather.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Congrats to the Tigers for winning the 3rd and not ascending

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

There has been zero mention of poaching from the thieves, we are singular in our goal of getting Tillman to hit and Blood to pitch. And maybe 4th strike and maybe enhance someone.

E: also if poaching did happen I trust the game band would make it “a thing” like they did counterfeit peanuts. Our currency overlords would do something to punish us for our transgressions.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Victory Position posted:

...You know, now I'm curious to see what would happen if evolution came into effect and the Tigers started to immediately mutate :unsmigghh:

That blowout game against the Peanut is as close as the Shoe Thieves are going to get to getting Workman Gloom back. :(

Well they evolved, a version of mutating

Also ty mints, we didn’t get a blessing but we got mostly everything we wanted and your newly enhanced pudge :rip:

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 7, 2021

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Sockser posted:

A friend suggested it just pitches a ball into the incoming pitch like a Newton's cradle or some such

This is now my head canon

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Slushies rule

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

After being elsewhere for 11 games, Hotbox sato got incinerated RIV

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Im curious which team is the most goon-loved team

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

My guess was either the Tacos or the Crabs.

I love my shoe thieves but I would not describe the energy of their discord as particularly goon-y

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Victory Position posted:

A Shoe Thief fallen. May a torch burn brightly in his absence, to signify that he burst into flames.

Game 63, Hotbox Sato inhabited the haunted Esme

Anyways the shoe thieves are having a pretty BAD season but not Ohio Worms bad (which according to their strategy is good).

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

A 5% boost is alot after a few seasons I think. Unlike some abilities that make players play "5% better" since thats temporary

But yeah idk maybe theyre just having fun being the worst too

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Ill tell you what, the worms have partied quite a bit

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

So what does egoboost+ do

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

rickiep00h posted:

The only real change I'd like to see is flipping the blessing enactment order to last-first a la the draft in real baseball. A big part of the Crabs domination is that early wins led to snowballing. If you, a lowly Shoe Thieves fan, vote for a really broken Blessing and you manage to get your whole fanbase on board and you end up with the highest bid and then lose it to the Crabs in the lottery, you get the double humiliation of that blessing ALSO being processed before what meager crumbs you may end up winning.

Just doesn't seem right to me. Even with a semi-randomized semi-democracy. Even as someone who loves the chaos of blaseball, it seems mean.

You back off fam or imma steal your nikes

Real talk bring back more horror stuff. The peanut was a good villain, the big nickle seems too friendly. Also the weather events feel less dangerous than they used too, but maybe that’s me?

The ultimate equalizer was investing a lot in a player that could suddenly just get murdered on ruby Tuesday

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Hm, then nevermind I’m wrong

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

Funniest part of the election was Sutton Picklestein getting resurrected, getting stolen by the Mints, then immediately getting their Debt called in and going back to the Hall of Flame.

And taking Tillman Henderson (who got Infused last season) with them.

They did a necromancy on a pickle

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

new snacks

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I like potluck because chaos reigns

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

tinstaach posted:

I don't know why other teams aren't trying to make their rosters thinner, especially now that the Tacos are contenders. Sure it increases variance but if your pitching rotation is 2 players and one of your pitchers is 5 stars, you're probably a good bet to make the playoffs on that alone

The discord Im a part of is way to invested in their fanfics to get rid of players they have made into literal self inserts.

E: Genuinely was :rolleyes: when the shoe thieves tried to rewrite tillman as not a heel. When he got returned they were actually so upset, instead of playing the funny game of "ugh he died doing what he loved, being disappointing"

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 15, 2021

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

The esoteric story telling plus getting arbitrarily invested in a team has been the draw for me. Number go up is fun, but honestly I like the sports narratives that emerge when weirdly named underdogs are in the finals.

There’s something really special about the dark nature of everything, as well as the surreal humor that comes from the player names and weather events. Plus it is very cool when the devs incorporate poo poo like the grand unslam, a literal bug that fans named, into the narrative.

Player lore for me is only really fun for me when it leads to cool/funny fan art and things to chant/spam on the discord.

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 16, 2021

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Harry Lime posted:

Simba Davis of the Shoe Thieves is shaping up to be one to watch. They have pitched 6 games so far and have
-Lost all 6 games
-Has an ERA of 16.41
-With 303 batters faced they have walked 61 of them and only struck out 5 of them
-are giving up 4.6 home runs per game

Her stats are amazing https://blaseball-reference.com/players/simba-davis

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

So many Wyatts

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I am so excited to have my team underperform while I make on their failure

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Players seem now to have items, and in their feed there seems to be some sort of peanut indicator???

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Why is Chorby's soul (and soul scream) so fricken big still holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Rofl all players seemingly wander to the shoe thieves.