Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

do peanuts do anything? and what's up with all the peanut fraud today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

sounds like propaganda intended to keep us from eating the rich

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Huxley posted:

I just upped my max to 500, then max bet every game over 60%.
Is this the move? I had gotten my max bet up to 200 and was betting all the favorites but found my bankroll fluctuated wildly.

I made a second account and instead prioritized passive income for a good team on that one.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

i did this and just max bet from the best odds to the worst, and when i ran out of coins i'd beg for more and keep betting. if you're not begbetting every hour, raise the max and keep going. by the end of the week i had gotten the maxbet maxed out completely and had like 40k coins
I did this and was able to max out my max bet by this morning.

I made a bunch of money and bought 1000 peanuts in an effort to Do My Part towards the million peanut consumption metagoal people seem to think exists, but turns out this squirrel won't eat peanuts automatically he just lets me eat 2 at a time. Sorta anticlimactic.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Aug 26, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

good to know, i'll spend my hoard on votes and votes alone in the future

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Once you get to the maximum bet limit of 800, the gambling part gets pretty... boring?

I hit the limit this past Monday evening and now I've got ~60k. What is left to do here? I guess I should check out the Tacos discord for voting ideas?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

where can i find the Tacos discord? Or any team discord for that matter?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Been playing two accounts the last few weeks and somehow I managed to straddle the redistribution line. One of them had 13k coins and was in the 99%. The other was 14k and in the 1%.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

yeah that really hosed my attempt to crawl back from the 1% redistribution

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

If I were the devs (I'm not) I'd make the Idol Top 3 be based on the number of payouts during the season. If you switch mid-season the totals you accumulated for that Idol will remain, you'll just start adding to the new idol's current value. I don't know how to balance that between Hitting and Pitching, however.
Balance it by ranking on total coins paid out for each idol

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

From what I've seen the last few seasons, you can safely retain about the number of coins needed to max bet every game on the first day without getting redistributed.

When the max was 800 I had 12k and 13k on two accounts and only the higher one got redistributed. Last season (with the max bet now 1000) I had 10k on both and neither got chopped.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Looking at the division related star redistribution and things are... interesting.

The Crabs (63-12) are going to have to give stars to the worst team in their division, currently the Firefighters or Millenials both 37-38.

The Tacos (25-50) are going to have to give stars to the best team in their division, currently the Flowers at... 37-38.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I see that Axel Trololol has just crept back up into the #3 idol spot. Seems important if the top-3 are getting sacrificed as many suspect. It would really be something if the best three non-Crabs players got sacrificed and the Crabs escaped it completely.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

what are Peanut players and does that have anything to do with Jaylen Hotdogfingers?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

So far 1 of the three Peanuts is in the top-3 idols. There is only one more inter-game window left, will be interesting to see how much movement happens later this hour.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Peanuts Bong and Holloway are up to 6 and 7. But I'm guessing a fair number of people don't follow things closely enough to go for the Peanut idol thing. Jessica will likely remain on top.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

woah, with one game to go the Tacos are one game ahead of the Fridays for worst record in Blaseball

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

peanuts are 3/4/5

so close yet so far

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

WHO IS TELEPHONE?

oh boy here we go

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

so when is the bloodbath?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

The Peanut Players are in the Top 3 and the red line is gone.
red line is still there and it sure seems like the moment that mattered was when the peanut showed up after the regular season ended

edit: guess i needed to refresh

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 12, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

EPT will improve the quality of the league over time, as it gives stars to bad teams every year without stealing them from good teams. Seems good imo

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Tacos are 5-1 and I feel like the only real consequence of this will be reducing their window for Extended Party Time improvement

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Tacos stayed good long enough to steal stars in the bloodbath

https://twitter.com/blaseballpro/status/1305879659217932288?s=21

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 15, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

...the league is trying to see what happens if all the Tacos get Shelled i guess?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

why only 5 though? 7 and the 3 peanuts would be funny

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I kinda want to see what happens if the Tigers or Pies win a third championship. The book says something like they and the league will ascend

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Looking like we still have a lot of "set it and forget it" fans on the Idols. Top 4 are still the best players, so there's not room for all 5 tacos pitchers plus the 3 peanuts.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

folks, we did it

Day 98 is in play and there are 3 Peanuts and 5 Tacos above the ominous red line

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 18, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah Patterson leads the league in strikeouts this year and Trololol isn't even top-10. The same was true in season 6.

https://blaseball-reference.com/leaders

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

PolkaDot has 10 walks in their entire career

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The idol goal was all set right as the hour turned, but at the last second PolkaDot made a jump up to #8 and knocked Tacos pitcher Wyatt down to 11

So the Tacos are going to have 4 shelled pitchers and 1 really good pitcher? Maybe??

edit: still chaotically shuffling now

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

These few moments have become by far the most exciting of the Blaseball week imo

edit: I *think* the plan came together at the end, hard to know for sure, eagerly anticipating the work of the great legume

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

devs scrambling to figure out what to do with the fully shelled pitching rotation

WOW
SERIOUSLY
WILD
MILD
WILD
WOW
YES
THAT IS MORE LIKE IT.
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN SUCH TALENT?

did... did we do good?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

but how are we going to get through all the passive Axel idolizers??

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the last thing the peanut did was complain of our unity and dismiss the power of "witholding our labor"

i want to believe the squid is anticapitalist

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

squid has left, and given us all 10,000 peanuts

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

here is the full Peanut event today for those who missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhFnT42anvU

THE SHELLED ONE:
WOW
WOWW
SERIOUSLY
WILD / MILD
YES
THAT IS MORE LIKE IT.
HAVE YOU EVER SEEN SUCH TALENT?
TOP 3 WOULD BE BETTER
WHAT IS THIS THOUGH?
A SHOW OF UNITY?
YOU WITHHOLD YOUR LABOR
YOU THINK THAT GIVES YOU POWER?
PITY

GIANT SQUID appears:
who was that
is it an egg
never ate an egg before
where is hotdogfingers
followed hotdogfingers here
from the hall
from the trench
i am gonna watch
see if that egg comes back

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Lock posted:

still need to get all their pitchers off the idol list though
only 2 tacos pitchers remain on the list now, we may get there before the blessings come down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

6 blessings for the Fridays, godamn