Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

President Ark posted:

if you bet against your favorite team when they're disfavored in a game you're a cop. sorry i don't make the rules

Sometimes you just know that the Garages are going to garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Lone Goat posted:

is the guy with 5000 votes botting, have multiple accounts, or just doesn't sleep?

for context, i ended up with about half that many, betting and idoling basically about 15 times a day

I managed 4131 votes and still had just enough left over to be eaten. I did it by being Always Online.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Hopefully Enhanced Party Time will help the parity some.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

rickiep00h posted:

Does that mean the league is now without a cannabis sibling at all?

Yes.
Though one is hanging out in the shadows in an unused part of the Garages roster.

Squall fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 17, 2020

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Ascension would be cool but it doesn't look like it is going to happen this season. Pies are almost dead last in the Mild League and the Tigers have dropped to 41-42 on the year and have eaten some painful incinerations. Crabs likely get their second, but who knows what'll happen next season when the IBL champ gets 3 players stolen and all 3 possible decrees are not great for a top 4 overall team, lmao.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Axel is the worst 6 star pitcher of all time.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Really hope they planned for this possibility lmao, we'll find out by Monday.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Nea posted:

The spies have successfully convinced the discord it's in their best interests to stick out worst player in the #14 idol slot. We ran a scheme that got everyone on board to get rid of our worst player to save theirs.

Poor Evelton McBlase II, born a failure and promptly tossed aside.

Dude is evil though so I feel bad for whoever gets the Lottery Pick lmao.

Squall fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Sep 20, 2020

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Wyatt Pothos took a sip of pitching during a blooddrain and then partied 4 times all the way to becoming a 4.5 star pitcher at the end of the season.

Now they are shelled. RIV.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Pinwiz11 posted:

I don't know if Relief means the pitcher is gone for just the game or permanently.

Permanent, but people in the shadows don't vanish, they are still in the shadows, so it'd probably be a revolving door as people get shuffled out, in, out, in.

It's a neat idea but it isn't nearly as good as Wild Card IMO, especially since Relief is for a single season and only the bottom 4 teams.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

bawfuls posted:

is party time going to be much more difficult to reach now that the playoffs have been expanded?

Nope, not really. Fifth seed for the Wild Card series is pulled out of party time.

Seeds #1-3 are the top 3 teams by record in each subleague.
Seed #4 is the 4th best record in the subleague UNLESS no team in one of the two divisions is in the top 3, then it is the top record in that division.
If you are mathematically eliminated from getting at least seed #4 in either of those ways, you have entered Party Time! 🥳
Seed #5 is drawn randomly after day 99 has come to a close (top of the hour) from one of the 6 teams in the subleague who are partying.
Seed #4 plays Seed #5 one hour after the end of day 99 in the Wild Card round (3 game series). Loser goes to Party Time.

Only real change to party time this season is that at least one team from each division makes the postseason now.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

tinstaach posted:

I mean, party time is for teams that have been eliminated from playoff contention, and technically with the wild card decree no one is eliminated from playoff contention until the playoffs begin...

Yes, but the decree was very specifically worded in that it takes a team out of party time.

You're mathematically eliminated from top 4 seeds, you enter party time. Wild Card then gives them all party time teams a second shot via random roll.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

rickiep00h posted:

Wait EPT happens during the postseason?

It would if you could somehow be in party time and the postseason. It randomly triggers anytime a team in party time is playing.

So, yeah, the wild card team is removed from party time to play in the wild card game (and potentially postseason if they advance).

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

InnercityGriot posted:

The Dale have been actively campaigning to get all the incineration blessings this season so theoretically you should be fine. Although, it's Miami so they might not even have enough votes.

I believe in the Dale.

https://twitter.com/SchneiderBendie/status/1300362459853795329?s=20

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

alpha_destroy posted:

For two straight seasons someone has sabotaged/vandalized the Mints' vote tracking system. Which is a level of taking things too seriously that just boggles my mind.

Wow, that's hosed up.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Lone Goat posted:

Moist Talkers got four blessings (compared to our usual average of 0), have more total batting stats than the Crabs, AND we got ace pitcher PolkaDot Patterson out of the nut.

Canadian Thanksgiving came early, for us.

Oh yeah? Well, the Garages have Mike Townsend and Lenny Marijuana so we'll see you on the field.

Squall fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 12, 2020

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

StormDrain posted:

Not true we got put in the shame bubble so that sucks.

I mean, you guys were in the best division for the bubble blessings. Yes, you have Targeted Shame but Wild High managed to dodge Fifth Base. Wild Low avoided Targeted Shame but I think they're probably worse off, since they'll have Fifth Base and have to face Wild High teams that don't fairly often. Both Mild League divisions get to deal with both.

tl;dr Crabs ascension

Still so happy that we have Mike Townsend back. Jaylen was worth him retreating to the shadows for a bit but I missed him. Excited to see how Mike handles being back, as well as how Lenny Marijuana and Sparks Beans turn out.

I still find it hilarious how we ended up pulling Sparks Beans out of the shadows. Out of Sight was supposed to pull pitchers from the shadows, instead it nabbed hitters. They "fixed" it after about 30 minutes by re-rolling it for pitchers but kept the hitter changes in place. That's blaseball for ya.

Squall fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 12, 2020

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Antitonic posted:

Shame, that first Shoe Thieves/Garages game with Morse pitching could’ve been one for the record books of highest score. Thieves can’t swing without a strike, and Morse can’t throw a strike. Infinite walking.

He finally throws a strike, next pitch pentaslam.

I wonder who will be the first to hit a pentaslam, or if it'll even happen?

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Lone Goat posted:

Cory Twelve on the Magic is nearly as bad so there's still hope

Actually Cory might be worse since Morse partied on game 99 of season 8

Ortiz Morse, despite the partying to end season 8, has a lower Ruthlessness stat (believed to control strikeouts and walks) than anyone currently pitching in blaseball and it is not particularly close. Cory Twelve definitely has the lowest of the active pitchers though, and again there's a pretty wide gap between him and the second worst active pitcher in that stat.

Abyssal Squid posted:

Yeah this was absolutely baffling. I really can't fathom any way for August Mina to have wound up as our most-idolized player without sock-puppeting, and why anyone would put in the effort for that rather than letting the Dale no-sell the incineration blessings.

We can barely hit 7% on the blessings we WANT, and this was one we wanted a cool zero votes in.

Garages got owned by this in seasons 7 and 8 where we won blessings that nobody in the Discord had ever considered, much less tracked a vote for. RIV Ron Monstera and August Mira.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Betsy Trombone had 16 strikeouts on day 1, so PolkaDot wasn't even the best idol that day.
:sickos:

Thankfully the Garages have a longer rotation meaning Betsy and PolkaDot will be out of sync most of the time.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Tibalt posted:

Only a team of Ascended Players could have enough Spirit to beat the Pods. Perhaps a really good team, with a gimmick about killing gods.

I'm sorry to say, but the Garages aren't really good anymore.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

harperdc posted:

losing Jaylen was big, because what was a mediocre pitching rotation is now awful. In the grand tradition of late '90s Seattle baseball, the pitching sucks but the batting is insane.

hoping we get into Party Time and improve. Gotta take another crack at it in a season or two's time.

Losing Jaylen hurt of course, but we were still really decent last season after she left, besides the Lori and Ortiz starts. We came pretty close to beating the Shoe Thieves in the playoffs to make the Internet Series (and likely letting the Crabs ascend).

The real problem is siphons running wild and our lack of one.

Blooddrains harming the Garages in S10:
code:
D13, Oliver Mueller (Defense) [Richmond Harrison]
D23, Sparks Beans (Hitting) [Beans McBlase]
D28, Quack Enjoyable (Defense) [Richmond Harrison]
D28, Summers Pony (Defense) [Richmond Harrison]
D41, Mike Townsend (Pitching) [Theodore Cervantes]
D44, Summers Pony (Defense) [Beans McBlase]
D46, Greer Gwiffin (Defense) [Richardson Games]
D51, Malik Destiny (Defense) [Cory Ross]
D55, Quack Enjoyable (Defense) [Spears Taylor]
D64, Oliver Notarobot (Defense) [Cory Ross]
D64, Oliver Mueller (Defense) [Cory Ross]
D84, Quack Enjoyable (Defense) [Richmond Harrison]
D84, Summers Pony (Defense) [Richmond Harrison]
Blooddrains helping the Garages in S10:
:siren: ERROR :filez: NOT FOUND :siren:

Losing 5.5 defense stars, ruining Sparks Beans and his ability to nearly never swing and miss, and then kicking Mike Townsend in the balls isn't a recipe for winning.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Tibalt posted:

If they don't win this championship, this would be the third time they had the best regular season record while not winning the championship.

Which, like, isn't that unusual, the best team usually doesn't win. But man last season hurt and I really hope it doesn't repeat!

Would also be the third time that the Crabs escape the bad things that are lined up for the champion. They lost to the Lovers who then lost to the Wild Wings the season that Champs in the Making was combined with Bless Off to escape losing 3 players, then the Shoe Thieves shamed themselves into getting cursed last season. This season the champion likely loses 3 players and a good chance they eat a curse as well.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Pinwiz11 posted:

The battle starts around 2:35 or so.

Start at 2:28:00 or so for the Black Hole which uhh...

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

harperdc posted:

They've said that Season 11 is a kind of epilogue to the first true era of Blaseball, so I'm not sure if I should get used to the Black Holes and Suns or not.

also seems like the Lift have lost at least 8 wins at this time, which sucks.

They should have a good party time period to help bulk them up some, though.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Garages and Shoe Thieves play the most normal playoff round of all time and continues the tenseness of Garages/Shoe Thieves playoff series. Garages win this one 3-2 in five games. They will play the Magic who managed to beat the Moist Talkers 3-1 in three games (the second time in a row the Moist Talkers got bounced in round 2 by the Wild Card team) in the Mild League Championship at 8 AM PDT.

Tacos and Tigers are taking the formerly best-of-five series to game six, tied 2-2. Sun 2 is out and it is possible we'll see a game seven. Winner will play the Sunbeams who destroyed the Spies in two games 3-(-1) for the Wild League Championship.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Sun 2 smiles.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Aardvark Barber posted:

We were so close. I need this win for the beams!

My response:
https://twitter.com/SIBROfficial/status/1320175988970586112?s=20

Go Garages, and lmfao at this wacky series and wacky postseason.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

zooted heh posted:

wait it's over? I found this a few days ago excited for the next season.

Devs need a break/time to get new stuff made so it is on break for a while.

Going to be sad without blaseball being crazy for a month or so. In the meantime, check out #listen-party in the Discord for some tunes. 🎶

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

w00tmonger posted:

Oh gently caress, old teams gone?

Nah, they're still chilling over here.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

A big flaming stink posted:

yeah they're literally the new york yankees

which considering my orioles fandom causes me considerable dismay

I mean, the Yankees used to be the Baltimore Orioles so this tracks.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

The Pussy Boss posted:

We in the 99% got like 850 coins this season and similar last season. If I have the math right that means the cutoff was around 85,000

SIBR tries to narrow down the Eat the Rich cutoff each season. They've currently narrowed it down to somewhere between 54,217 and 56,654 for season 13.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Jinh posted:

Magic got a whole lot better with Chorby Short getting a really big infuse making her an actually scary batter, and trading wyatt glover for a much better shadow player.

This team is fun because some of the stats that would be bad on any other team are good on magic, and vice versa. Moxie is the big one, it basically works as the "ball discipline" stat deciding when players swing or try for Balls.

Magic's "0 no blood" perk makes us incapable of striking out with no balls on the count. So we want players who have zero moxie if possible, characters who are blindfolded at the plate just swinging wildly.

I am so glad that Chorby Short is becoming super buff now. Getting her to #14 on the idol board was one of the crazier idol board shenanigans, pulled out on short notice as a race against time (and also a giant toeing of the forbidden knowledge line in the Discord as her mere existence was forbidden knowledge until the moment she hit #20 on the board) and I felt a bit bad at the time because Chorby was in our bullpen but went to the Magic as a worse hitter than she would have been as a pitcher.

As funny as Chorby fouling off over 100 balls in a row from PolkaDot was, her being an actual scary batter for a reason other than trying to cause the games to spillover is very good. It's a shame that the rerolls that helped get her there nuked Wyatt Glover's potential to be great though. Rerolls are scary.

🐸

Squall fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 15, 2021

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
The Dodgers may not have cheated but they do have Crimes.xlsx.

As a Garages fan, I was rooting for the Tacos because the Tacos are cool. Imagine losing two Internet Series in a row, could never fathom that. 😔

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

tinstaach posted:

I'm going to bite the bullet and just start with snake oil tomorrow. Last season's top earning hitters are either much worse than they were last season or much worse than they were last season and also redacted. I got around 1.8 million rolling with Nagomi McDaniel and maxed snoil/seeds/hot dogs/pickles, and I probably wouldn't get that again with another hitter.

I feel like the main problem with single slot snake oil (for those active enough to utilize it effectively) is just that it'd require 156,000 coins to max bet every game, which is around 60,000 more coins than the Eat the Rich cutoff for this past season. It also sucks that Seeds, Pickles, and Hot Dogs are all around 400,000 coins to get back to 99 of. It does seem like an enticing idea though.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Nephzinho posted:

"you shouldn't demonize anyone for the way they voted" with the Chorby plunder (which at 75% of plunder votes was probably sabotage?).

Chorby Soul's plunder was 9,462 votes. The Uncle Plasma foreshadowing from the Breath Mints was 270,899 votes within a window of about 30 minutes. I bought 18,000 votes just on my own at the end of last season.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

beggar posted:

would someone mind spelling out wimdy for me? i get the context but i don't get the abbreviation and it's unsearchable

Basically "this low odds thing happened in a Blaseball election."

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Nephzinho posted:

Yeah it was one person putting all of their votes into it as opposed to some of the other wimdys that have been 0% chances. Whether that person was doing it as sabotage against the Mills, a benefit for the Garages, or just because they're a Mills fan who really wanted to bring Chorby home doesn't matter.

e; To be clear, i'm not saying the chorby plunder was some conspiracy, just intentional. Why isn't important.

I feel like the Chorby plunder might have been several people submitting votes early to bring them home before the full horrors had shown themselves, or someone who wasn't paying enough attention to how bad Chorby is? Hopefully Chorby just gets blown up on day 88 and you survive the consumer attacks. I can't fault you having bad vibes because I know I had them a lot as a Garages fan when I realized how screwed we were.

Nephzinho posted:

e; I'm more annoyed by the Millscord "no bad vibes" response to everything than anything any external force has done.

That's fair.

Squall fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 12, 2021

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Nephzinho posted:

Oh right now I'm hoping that Chorby gets blown up and then immediately Plundered back onto the Mills.

I wouldn't wish Chorby Soul onto any team quite frankly.

It would be funny if Chorby is incinerated, Plundered by someone, and then immediately has Returned trigger though, like Picklestein had happen in the season 13 elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Chorby Short is shy.

https://twitter.com/SIBROfficial/status/1382064069109108738?s=20