Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Between Blaseball and Marble League I don't really care if real sports just shut down forever. Go Tacos!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Blaseball does not want to end. The last day of the season had the longest game in the history of the splort, and now the deciding game of the final series has gone to extra innings

e: oh no apparently that was a semi-final

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 29, 2020

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Good lord, I saw in the discord that every team in the league has an average player rating above 2 stars, except for the Tacos who are all the way down at 1.39

72 losses and infinite here we come

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Pinwiz11 posted:

Oh wow, things are going to start getting WEIRD...

Is it on purpose that these decrees don't say what they're actually going to do?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

fuckin' right

https://twitter.com/rodolfor/status/1300803826765660160

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Hopefully this isn't locked-down intel, but Tacos fans on the discord seem to be about evenly split between going all out for the Soul Swap blessing (which would probably reroll four half-star hitters and a zero-star pitcher), buying votes and saving them to bombard next season's juiciest decrees and blessings, and eating the blaseball gods

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The Tacos just got reverbed, their worst pitcher is a batter now!

...and their best hitter is a pitcher now, lmao

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Don Mitchell just ate a peanut and improved his hitting:

I believe only Wyatt Glover's 4-star defense rating is keeping Don from literally being better than every single Taco at everything

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The Pussy Boss posted:

Discord is confusing and I don't know where anything is on the discord, so just gonna ask here: do we know WTF the Decrees do?

My guess is that some serious roster shuffling is going to happen, and that it'll probably involve players changing teams, and the different decrees will determine which leagues/divisions are affected.

Lone Goat posted:

good news! Wyatt Glover got reverbed onto the magic in game 98 for Halexandrey Walton whose stats are 1.5* batting, 2* pitching, 1.5* baserunning, 3* defense

oh I meant Wyatt Owens, I can't tell any of them apart thanks to the Grand Unslam

Moist Talkers-Jazz Hands Game 3 just entered the 19th inning

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 5, 2020

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

drat, since Blaseball-Reference started counting in the middle of season 2, PolkaDot Patterson has faced 2,614 batters and walked 8 of them

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Unlimited Tacos, unlimited disappointment. No blessings at all, again.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Yeah with the anticaptalist theming, I hope they can figure out a way to discourage monopolistic behaviour.

I saw a tweet about Nagomi McDaniel having more stars than all of the Tacos combined and I thought it was a tongue-in-cheek joke but it's actually true

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Oh my god if you team wins two item lotteries and the rest of the league wins zero you do not get to complain, this is not hard!!! Do not make me go on a crochety old man "kids these days" rant about goddamn Blaseball!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Tibalt posted:

We (crabs) lost the best player in the league to a division rival after a 1 in a 100 chance, but we were told not to complain about it by the team captains lol.

That's totally vaild though! As long as it's "aw shucks what a bummer" type of complaining and not "I demand the commisioner reverse this decision" complaining, and it's not all you talk about for the whole week, people should be able to lament the loss of their team's best players.

TBH I hope some of the top players get sacrificed or incinerated or whatever, if only to remind people that hey, some weird and entertaining poo poo is going to happen whether or not you like Player X or Team Y.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Fortunately for everyone losing their minds over it, this week's election has a few parity-focused options in terms of swapping players. I'm guessing folks will vote for the Enhanced Party Time decree in large numbers in the spirit of camaraderie.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The prevailing strategy with idols seems to be maxing out the pitching ones and then constantly swapping them so that you have an idol pitching every game, and I am not a Crabs fan so no thank you that is too much min-maxing for me.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

With the expectation being positive when betting on favourites there's no reason not to bet the max on every favourite unless you're strapped for cash.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

And if you're betting against your favourite team you're a shameless sellout and you also don't deserve to have any coins

e: It seems like the Crabs, in addition to being good, have been insanely lucky in this first third of the season. 33 wins in 37 games is a win rate or 89%, and if the betting numbers are to be trusted they haven't had anywhere near that good of a chance of winning any individual game

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 9, 2020

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

bawfuls posted:

I see that Axel Trololol has just crept back up into the #3 idol spot. Seems important if the top-3 are getting sacrificed as many suspect. It would really be something if the best three non-Crabs players got sacrificed and the Crabs escaped it completely.

There will almost certainly be a lot of idol shuffling on Saturday night once it doesn't affect players' incomes. I've seen a few people say they'll be switching their idol to one of the Peanut players.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Someone made a tracker with ~forbidden knowledge~ that says Jessica Telephone and Nagomi McDaniel are well clear of the field when it comes to idolatry: https://idols-viewer.netlify.app/

I'm going to laugh on Sunday when Jaylen Hotdogfingers gets stolen and nothing happens because he's still incinerated

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

rickiep00h posted:

I specifically picked Jaylen before I'd ever heard of the whole thing because it's so very splorts to idolize a dead player.

Just curious, how did you find him? Is there a place somewhere that lists all the player IDs?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The line separating the top 3 idols is animated now. It looks angry.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Oh whoops, I thought Jaylen was a he for some reason.

https://twitter.com/greg_p_kennedy/status/1304495866628263947

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I just watched a Nagomi McDaniel 'at-bat' live and they were just skipped in the batting order without recording an out.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

How bout a decree next season to add a multi-buy button for votes to the shop, cause holy moly my hand hurts

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

And the Tacos are 2-0! Anything can happen!!

Antitonic posted:

There’s already some very interesting plans being discussed, and as someone for whom the main attraction of the game is the creativity of its fans, I am immensely excited, and we haven’t even kicked off yet.

It is a very pleasing back and forth of the devs saying "here are some tools to try and break the game with" and the players trying to figure out how to break the game to the maximum possible extent. This season's early leader is to try and get all five of the Tacos pitchers shelled at once and...see what happens then??

Also it's good to see that the Mexico City [M/W]ild Wings have joined us in swearing eternal vengeance on the blaseball gods.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

But their mean is slowly rising!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Apparently people sent nasty messages to whoever is running the Jaylen Hotdogfingers Twitter account? Fandom kids are loving morons.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1306279378205118469

The Commissioner Is Doing A Great Job!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I think by star count they are still the worst team in the league but the Tacos are looking downright below average this season

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

It's their entire pitching rotation, there's a rule in The Book that says "The pitcher must throw the ball [REDACTED]", and the goal is to find out if a team can still follow that rule if every pitcher is encased in a peanut shell.

I'm worried having all 3 peanuts above the line might cancel it out.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Wyatt Pothos is partying! The Tacos got a single player above 3 stars for the first time since Patel Beyonce got feedbacked out of the batting lineup :toot:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The day 99 games have not started...

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1307048107507621888

gulp

e: games are back on, and holy poo poo Wyatt Pothos has partied so hard they're a 4.5 star pitcher now

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 18, 2020

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

lol no kidding, I saw Peanut Bong was in 11th and was about to post about it, then I refreshed and they were in 5th

the red line is angry again!

e2: the Shelled One is back!!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I tabbed away for a few minutes and now there's a giant squid??????

??????

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The servers are predictably taking a giant dump, but people are saying that all the Tacos pitchers are now shelled

e: yes, can confirm

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

In the 4 minutes since you posted that, York Silk has already risen to 2nd overall

the best un-shelled pitcher in the league right now is I think Elvis Figueroa of the Pies?

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

better get them off the board quick before this blessing gets handed out on Sunday

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Also, the Book has been amended:

https://twitter.com/BlaseballNews/status/1307072002075889664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

flags fly forever baybee