Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
We are all love

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

tinstaach posted:

How have bets been rebalanced? I was going to ask how everyone is doing today, I haven't been betting every hour but in the olden times I'd usually have 40-50k by Monday night, and today I'm barely breaking even.

Have observed the same with my watching group on Discord. I might write down the pitching stats and weather that correspond to my wagers tomorrow and see if there's a pattern.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Using the incineration of Sutton Picklestein (RIV) as a marketing opportunity is a choice.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So how do we tell what the various stadium mods do? Crabs seem to be the only one with a listed effect

Should be visible if you click on any team, and then click on their Ballpark tab.

Might need to refresh the page. Sometimes TGB updates the code and it doesn't always go through without a browser refresh on the client side.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

bawfuls posted:

They are called the Worms but their logo is clearly a snail, not a worm. What gives??

The shell is a batting helmet

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

blastron posted:

I'm following Blaseball because of the emergent storytelling and also because I like seeing numbers go up. It's fun to watch the Fridays going from a trash team to excellent because they spent so long being trash that Enhanced Party Time put them in a position where a couple lucky election results made them top tier. I interact with the community basically only for watching important games with other Fridays fans or for talking about election stuff.

I only really see the team lore and player lore from ten thousand feet and that's honestly just fine with me, since once I start looking at the actual details things just get really exhausting. If the fan lore can be summarized in quick sentences, then that's great! York Silk being an enthusiastic 8-year-old is a fun detail, and his mom being Nagomi McDaniel is a fun lens to look at the stats through when a play winds up involving both of them, but I quite frankly don't care much at all about the dozens upon dozens of pages of histories for popular characters. Also, when I do try to dig in, I find most of it wacky to the point of clashing with the horror tone of the game itself, so I just bounce out immediately.

This is probably the safest way to participate. Otherwise, you get dragged into conversations about whose Jaylen Hotdogfingers is the Jaylen Hotdogfingers, and whether he/she/they/whatever pronoun is always a person of color or not, and god forbid you pick the wrong race (that still isn't white) for your version of Jaylen Hotdogfingers, because one artist early in the fandom who drew a bunch of popular art and then left once drew Jaylen Hotdogfingers in a certain way, and suddenly that makes an entire section of the community is a bunch of racist bigots, apparently.

The fandom is a whole lot of poo. Touching it is hazardous to your mental health.

(Not referring to "my" Jaylen. IDGAF about Jaylen. Just an example of a stupid community fight that never had to happen.)

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
If it's important to anyone here, the BBCares merch store will not be removing any merch related to incinerated teams. The stadium gift shop exists separated from time itself, where all teams and players exist simultaneously.

(We do pull items sometimes if the manufacturer stops producing a base item, or if the artist requests it.)

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Is it just me, or is the jank worse this time around? Like, it feels less charming and more rushed, which it shouldn't have been given how long we were on siesta.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
I'm not talking about game jank. I'm talking about basic UX issues, poor accessibility, and baffling web layout code decisions.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Also I think there was some disputes over fan art being used in fan projects without consent or something. Don’t blame them for not wanting to be the arbiter of that.

It was more that there were fan designs incorporated into the official card game, but despite promises that permission would be asked for and credit would be given re: players with iconic designs (and wholly new designs would be made if the fan artist didn't agree to release the design), several creators felt that they hadn't been communicated with. Lots of artists feeling disrespected atm.

I can definitely see where TGB is clamping down on "official" fan lore making for legal reasons. It's just a shame they couldn't be clearer about the whys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Blaseball Cares is doing one last store opening for the month of June, when we get kicked out of the stadium merch space for good. Please come buy some funny hats and booty shorts to remember Blaseball by, or give Richmond Harrison, your new best friend, a loving home. Everything must go! Or we'll have to, y'know, set it on fire, as is customary.

(Out of kayfabe, the business isn't sustainable long term and we all want to move on, but it's always been by fans, for fans.)

There may be a dramatic final charity stream as well. We're trying to figure out what we can sagely incinerate at the end of the end times. RIV.

blaseballcares.com

Fake edit: Oh that's a nice, Blaseball-y typo. I'm leaving that one.