Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Possible controversial opinion, but you know the Commissioner? I think they’re doing a great job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
So, Reverb doesn’t just make players swap positions...

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

InnercityGriot posted:

Now the best part of blaseball... to wish for your favorite teams’s shittiest players to horrifically mutate into something better

Ortiz Morse is trying his best, and I wouldn't have it any other way. :colbert:

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Talkers have pivoted Richmond grief into necromancy classes, to idolise Jaylen Hotdogfingers. Wonder what signing the 14th most popular player will do when they’re already dead? Let’s find out!

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Imagine having coins to spend.
(This post brought to you by the BegBet Gang)

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Pinwiz11 posted:

The full text of The Peanut:

NO HALF-MEASURES
DO NOT PATRONIZE ME
WHO IS TELEPHONE?
MCDANIEL?
STRIKE THREE
ONE MORE AND YOU ARE OUT

“No half-measures”? Coward, can’t even fight blasphemy properly. If the situation was hopeless, their propaganda would be unnecessary.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Nah, keep vote buying as a one-by-one thing. If people didn't want sore hands, they shouldn't win as much. Problem solved!

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Ooze might be mechanically good, but Moist Talkers are looking at it for reasons of "It's gross."

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

harperdc posted:

I wonder what fresh madness that will bring to us this season.

There’s already some very interesting plans being discussed, and as someone for whom the main attraction of the game is the creativity of its fans, I am immensely excited, and we haven’t even kicked off yet.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
“Party Time” is when a team is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs with games still to run. Introduced this season is “Enhanced Party Time”, where a team in Party Time games could receive a buff to one of their player’s stats about 6%-9% across the board, seemingly permanently. When this triggers the message “X is partying!” shows. Thus, they are parting.

Apparently a player can also party too hard and lose stats, but isn’t that true of all parties?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Shame, that first Shoe Thieves/Garages game with Morse pitching could’ve been one for the record books of highest score. Thieves can’t swing without a strike, and Morse can’t throw a strike. Infinite walking.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

“Huh, we tied the game.”
“On runs?”
“No, on wins.”

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
In fairness, having too excessive a slowmode hinders the useful discussions there could be without straining the moderators too much. When most of the advice comes to “just join your team’s side-server to avoid it”, there might be an issue there. I know I’d rather have discussions on fan lore than just 6 hour spaced pictures of bears, the Bee Movie script, or whatever.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Using the incineration of Sutton Picklestein (RIV) as a marketing opportunity is a choice.

This has been the case for basically every incineration, except the backfire on the Umpire which was played straight, from memory.

Unless you’re referring to the character of The Commissioner, and not the real actual person behind the Twitter account; in which case, carry on.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

alpha_destroy posted:

Meanwhile, someone on the SIBR discord is contacting TGB to ask them to change the name because Groverhaus is ~prooooblematiiiiccc~. Which is just silly to me. If Groverhaus is too toxic for you than 90% of the internet must be a terrifying place.

Looks like Groverhaus is now Gildehaus.

And some incinerations happened that people are upset about.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Seeds are for hits, Hotdogs are for home runs, I thought?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

InnercityGriot posted:

FK decrees are up and if you don’t vote for the batting one you are scum who is perpetuating this damned dead ball era.

If I hadn’t already voted, I’d push for Gloves. Because we need more spillover.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Well, we know what a returned batter does. Now to find out if it works the same as the Coffee Cup version or not.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

CellBlock posted:

below C Level
Oh goddammit! :argh:

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Oh!?

Oh.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
You bet on the games that will be playing next, not ones that are currently running. As for the Idol thing, the first time is free, and each subsequent pick costs 200 coins; the trick is you need 200 coins first. And yeah, have to wait until all games are finished.

Begging also only works if you have exactly 0. Even 1 coin will throw an error. But there’s been some issue with things not appearing until you refresh, so maybe that’s it?

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

lowercase16 posted:

I just tried again and nothing. Refreshed. Made sure no games were running. 0 coins. Still getting an error when I try to idolize and still getting nothing when I click Free in the shop for Breadcrumbs.

Yeah, so if you’ve never picked an idol you need 200 coins. It doesn’t use them the first time, but the system checks against if you have them. Since you’ve got 0, you’re failing that check.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

lowercase16 posted:

I don't own any breadcrumbs. I'm clicking on the Get button in shop to try and get some, but nothing's happening. I'm not getting any.

Nothing in your inventory? You only get the one, and then you go into your profile (the blue chair on a pink background on the bottom of the page) to actually beg.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

lowercase16 posted:

Sorry for the double post, but I had a thought. Do you have to claim your winnings from bets somewhere? Maybe I can't get breadcrumbs because I'm not technically broke because I have winnings I haven't claimed?

They get automatically added. Do you have a free slot open? There’s been a mechanic added to change how many slots you have for items that might’ve been affecting it. Could always vote on something for your team, and open that slot up if not?
(New slots cost coins, and can affect the payout modifier. For example, I only have three slots, but everything pays out 350%. Or I know someone who had 26 slots, and everything paid out 0%, ie: nothing)

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Sockser posted:

Rough day game to be a Jazz Hands fan

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Lone Goat posted:

SIBR are basically magicians

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Still love the MTs being all alone in the Filth Zone. :sweep:

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Except the Underbracket is gone too.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Pies waiting for everyone else at Blaseball3, or whatever comes next.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
We saw who the host of Party Time was, and said “Yeah, sure; see you there! :allears:

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

blastron posted:

I haven’t been following the Discord. What’s this about a lore ban? I thought that lore was 90% of the reason the Discord existed.

Yeah, a few teams had to scramble to organise spaces they didn’t think they would need. I assume it’s because there seems to be more of an emphasis on player movement now. Lore being messy could be explained by an entire team roster changing week to week, rather than the slow drips of incineration or regular trades.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Nick Buntline posted:

(a "fun" side note is that there are teams that straight-up don't have an official place to talk lore now, having previously decided to ban it from their sidecords in order to keep everything public/in one place/etc and being very un-eager to reverse this decision in light of the reasoning provided above)

Yeah, I could only screenshot so much.

But the Moist Talkers are a good example of this; we didn’t even have a sidecord until this came out. And I know there were other teams in the same boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

blastron posted:

Is betting on the underdog not a good idea at the moment? I've been putting all my money into long shot bets hoping for big payouts, but I'm not anywhere close to breaking even on most tickets.

Turns out betting on favourites is actually paying out accurately in the long run.