Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just upped my max to 500. Time to get rich or get incinerated trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Good. It's a banger of a good idea that deserves to be done right.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Congrats comrades, I had all my money redistributed. (Just over 10K got me into the top 1%, which I didn't expect myself to be close. Probably a lesson in that.)

My Jazz Hands got some buffs, though, so I should bounce back OK.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was at 0 at noon Friday with a few thousand in bets floating. Was over 10k after the championship then totally forgot to spend any of it, busy doing family stuff.

I just upped my max to 500, then max bet every game over 60%.

Once I get a bankroll again I'll push it up to 1k.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was going to say it's smart to force people to spend out each season, but I guess you can still hoard votes, right?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Let's go Jazz Hands!

I've got a strong drink and my peanut total is a prime number. I've done all I can do.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm not a Mets fan, but in my opinion the thing most Metty about the Mets is that they aren't the Yankees.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My poor Jazz Hands. We and the Tigers are the only teams to make the playoffs every season but we've got no rings to show for it.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If pitching machine is throwing every game, that has to be the highest payout Idol in the game by like, a factor of 5 right?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just checked, you can't actually idolize Pitching Machine. Oh well.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Semi-Protato posted:

Can't idolize anyone right now, games are in progress.

I could have sworn Pitching Machine didn't have a greyed out Idolize button when I checked, but now it does so there we go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

rickiep00h posted:

Blaseball is a young person's game.

I kind of had this realization, too. A couple weeks ago I really went all-in as hard as I could manage, made a ton of money and bought what I thought was a shitload of votes and really got involved on the discord about coordinating etc.

I cast something like 700 votes across 2-3 Blessings, then a handful of you all talked about casting vote totals in the 3ks, then those blessings came back and one team had the most total votes in 3-4 of them. My enthusiasm for involvement shifted pretty hard into, "ignore betting, buy votes with whatever passive income you end up with, tune in for the playoffs and weird stuff."