Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

What happened to the Tacos is loving hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Fridays got hit with reverb, it apparently shuffles your players between the rotation and lineup randomly.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Check the blood team perks too... This is going to turn into calvin ball quickly and I LOVE IT

And the leagues got renamed?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

InnercityGriot posted:

The 21-73 Fridays are currently leading the two-time champion Tigers 3 to 2 in the 3rd inning in the final wild card game. Greatest blaseball upset of all time possibly?

you Jinxed it

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Wait did York Silk Die or is this just reaction to him working for the Shelled One

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I completely forgot about the election, but it looks like "Eat the Rich has been suspended due to pending litigation" So I still have my coins!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

this is all a temporary fun thing they are doing during the siesta. this has no meaning or impact on the next season, and a few of the teams are new made up players (including the devs)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The Economy is Booming!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It happened with the Evolve Decree to the Tigers. No idea!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Do stadiums keep taking funding if they're still listed as 100% or is that me?

They do. You should probably stop at 100%

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Blaseball hasn't really been about winning in a long, long time

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Quick reminder that even TGB describes Blaseball as a horror game, and is inherently unfair.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OJlOsKHlnk

BLASEBALL BACK TOMORROW

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Chorby is now just a living shell of a Blaseball player

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Lmfao I didn't scroll and see it went on and on and on...

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

lowercase16 posted:

Hi. I'm new and don't "get" Blaseball. But that's fine, that's normal. But one thing that I thought was pretty straightforward was betting on games. I spent all my coins betting on games. Then, when the games when live, they were totally different games? I thought maybe I just missed that round, but I looks at my money and I'm still bankrupt. I guess it's possible that I lost every single bet, but that seems like a long shot.

I saw that I could beg for more money with breadcrumbs that are free, but I couldn't get any. Nothing happened when I tried to buy them from the shop.

The home page also says I can pick a player to idolize, but I get an error whenever I try.

Has something gone wrong? I use a script blocker, but the only things I'm not allowing are doubleclick.net, google-analytics.com, googlesyndication.com, and googletagmanager.com. Not allowing those hasn't been a problem on any other site...

Theres a good chance you bet yourself bankrupt.

when you get breadcrumbs, it should enable the "beg" button

you can't idolize a player when any games are active

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

lowercase16 posted:

I just tried again and nothing. Refreshed. Made sure no games were running. 0 coins. Still getting an error when I try to idolize and still getting nothing when I click Free in the shop for Breadcrumbs.

if you own breadcrumbs, go to your profile and beg?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

So by "restored" the player picked up the Salmon and said "ah yes, a new bat" right?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

uh, no

A non-loss is earned by the team that did not lose the game (ie the team that scored more points or "won" the game), which would normally give them a Win, but instead gives them an Unwin due to Turntables.

A Win is worth 1 Win in the standings, an Unwin is worth -1 Wins in the standings. Both of those are squared by Sun(Sun) to 1 Wins. A loss is worth 0 Wins.

I don't think Black Hole is affected by Turntables or Sun(Sun) because it doesn't come from a Non-loss, or grants an Unwin, it grants a negative number of Wins and yes these things are all different lol.

And that's Baseball, ladies and gentlemen

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

tinstaach posted:

Eat The Rich threshold was over 250k today, I guess partially due to Paula Turnip-related windfalls. Bad news is the Tigers rerolled her 5x payout bonus, good news is that Wyatt Glover is back in the Magic lineup and they're a 4.5-star hitter now.

pros to my "don't so poo poo seeds strategy": I made over 3.5mil in profits.
cons: after being so detatched for almost a week I forgot blaseball existed and got ETR'd.

:v:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

At some point the Moist Talkers were actually in Topeka? and ended up in Canada?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Oh man I need more details on that. People mad the game changed their fanfic?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

Further exacerbated by the fact that there's a town or hamlet or whatever called Canada in Kansas State so now there's a chance the team never even left a dogshit square state is even worse lmao

Holy poo poo now I want that to be true

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

It makes sense that any team in Baltimore would eventually turn into crabs. Carcinisation and all

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Fellis posted:

Whoops forgot to login this morning and got 1%’d, y’all welcome

Me too. 2nd season in a row! Handing out millions to the masses

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'm here for having two Baltimore Crabs.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

but what does it mean

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Entropic posted:

LMAO the black hole removed "all you can eat" which apparently means you no longer get bonuses for low snack slots but also you apparently can no longer purchase additional snack slots.

UHHHHHH

lmao the gently caress am i going to do with this 1.6 mil coins if i can't buy votes? I wonder if it gets fixed, or HOPEFULLY ETR gets munched

edit: also I think this is bad...

Carteret fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 29, 2021

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I'm curious if we are supposed to all rush the mound again

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

We can't Flute, but we can aid I guess? and yeah seeing as they all have the "Rogue" attribute i bet they are on autopilot.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

you aren't the only one. It's quite the spectacle tho, and I'm actually excited for the possible RESET to be able to understand wtf is going on again

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

...did the Pies get deleted? not like, killed, just erased?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The odds seem to change pretty often, or are just wrong: I bid on the Jazz Hands and the Spies winning at 67% each, but on game day the UI shows they weren't the favorite, and actually had a 44% and 35% chance.

Edit, nah it's just wrong.

Carteret fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Upvoting events like on Reddit to bring them on top of feeds. A holdover from when peanuts were a game mechanic