Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

DelilahFlowers posted:

My boy joe got traded away for nobody Howell Franklin. while he has a wicked batting arm, he has no personality. Sucks real bad, especially all that work Joe put in to fit on the team after being traded in seasons prior. Now he has to fit in with the mysterious weirdos on the spies. Honestly, kind of following my boy Joe more than the Shoe Thieves at this point.

we'll do our best! We don't send out as much spies lore as we should but we'll try to make sure Joe does well!

And if you haven't seen the blessing list for next season yet, Blastron, it looks like there's going to be a lot of stuff intentionally designed as balancing points, so stay tuned!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

mfcrocker posted:

What the hell is going on this season? The Lovers didn't change at all :psyduck:

7 games is a short time, statistics have not yet taken their course.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

I hadn't even considered whatever it might do would trigger after game nine/nine games, just that it might only take place in that time. We'll see.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

or whatever the effect is is low chance. I'm very excited to find out.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Once all the tacos are off the board they can just initiate a push to get an arbitrary other player onto the board, which should push them down to 21

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

The spies have successfully convinced the discord it's in their best interests to stick out worst player in the #14 idol slot. We ran a scheme that got everyone on board to get rid of our worst player to save theirs.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

We're the spies so we're calling it a scheme because that's more spy-like. It may have indeed been mutually beneficial but, you know , still a scheme for the theming

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Yeah we did decide he hates unions and wants to sell you on pyramid schemes so that's gonna be fun for whoever gets stuck with him for a season

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

I'm kind of disappointed that the tacos are pushing back on the framing of things as a strike, especially because it's caused the release of graphics that really look like stuff Amazon would put out to explain how there's Definitely Not A Labor Dispute or the like. It's their team, they're allowed, but it kinda grosses me out?

IDK, it's not the end of the world, just a bit disappointing.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

I believe due to the pitching rotation working really weirdly right now they pitch two then wheerer pitches four.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

RIP to the crabs but also you didn't really need them anyways haha

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

We've finally gone from having a team of all awful to mediocre pitchers to having a team of eeeeh pitchers with one star! It's happening, championship here we come.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Somberbrero posted:

gently caress.

well... our hitting is still good? That's something, at least. Sure, the defense that made us powerhouses is gone, and so is our pitching buff...

but, you know! that's blaseball!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

The spies got drained upwards of 20 times this season and drained once, and not even for stats, it loving sucked!!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

I dislike the new weathers, it makes it feel impossible to know how to bet. Nothing seems to work consistently at all. I can deal with modifiers not being reflected in ratings but not having to consider score resets if you do too good.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Blaseball reference stats aren't quite accurate this season, but you can view stats for all past seasons there. They're working on getting it fixed for this one.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Do we know which team cheated?

They're referencing real life baseball, with respect to how real life LA Dodgers were beaten by the Houston Astros, who were cheating by using elaborate methods to steal other teams' signs, though everyone kind of does this and it's up in the air if it actually even helped, but it certainly was a rude move they got caught doing.

Incidentally, this is why the Blaseball team from houston is the Houston Spies.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

harperdc posted:

It’s also notable because Houston was sending signals to their batters using a loving trash can.

The goofiest, most obtrusive possible way to send signals. How could you possibly miss it.

bang BANG

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Lone Goat posted:

I'm trying to think of a situation where you'd want to call in an Alternate a player for any purpose other than to gently caress with a team, since there's so many other better options to deal with a bad player.

Like maybe if you're reluctant to steal from another team, have completely strip mined your shadows, and your target player is so bad that an Infuse wouldn't do enough, and also don't want to Revoke them for some reason. Freshly rerolled characters are hideously bad on average. I'm not sure if anyone has used Alternate yet, despite there having been like 150 Wills executed so far.

There's definitely pitchers that have Flippers which is hilarious.

There's been one alternate used. The use case is if you want to keep a character for lore reasons but their fk stats are unsalvageable.

The one time it was used cory 12 somehow went from one of the worst pitchers to possibly the best ever naturally rolled pitcher. Then accidentally got traded away.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

They're at least working on stuff to balance it out for small teams and protect yourselves, as said in the same post.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Yeah, though that kind of takes way from it being a thing about individual agency and letting people who aren't totally in with the zeitgeist of their team but still eat to help them in their own way contribute.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

The crabs won a blessing last season that cancelled out flinch. And the season they dominated they win fourth strike, which cancelled it out as well.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Yeah, it's a lot to keep up with. My team does daily recaps, which is very helpful, at least.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

My team, the Spies, keeps a set of debriefs we write daily that tend to cover more details. some stuff is spies specific but it tends to cover most of the weird stuff.

https://houstonspies.cyou/category/debriefs/

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

marhom posted:

I feel like we should be talking about the line in the blaseball beat again that is either the official front office tone being used to gently caress with us or TGB doing that thing again where they do some really clever wordplay that has functionally been staring us in the face forever.

I swear to christ if the 'interim-intern' in p-milly's title actually refers to each successive parker basically being placeholder replicas for the period of Parker Walk With Me's imprisonment in the Vault or something of that loose nature, I am going to yell

Sometimes you realize you can make a funny bit out of something you did ages ago and you go for it. I respect TGB's power.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Tzarnal posted:

It was probably a floating point rounding error. While the site only displays 20.3 it was probably actually 20.3000001.

It was this, yeah. equals sun makes a tie if you get a home run in the last out of the game, the mints did that, floating point error, tie win.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

An entire team dying at 'normal' size (9 batters, 5 pitchers 11 shadow players) is worth as much as an old incineration. Ominous!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

By all indications things are going to get more condensed and simpler again post siesta. At least, hopefully.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

I'm guessing it's slow for now so they can adjust it up if they hit whatever their ideal release date is or keep it low if they need more time.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

tadashi posted:

I have been on their email list for a long time and, yet, I have no idea how to remotely catch up with this insane-as-balls game.

Good news! Everything is basically reset and stuff is going slow at first, this is the perfect time to hop in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Supposedly any bet should be on average a slight profit but of course overdogs are more reliable, and the game traditionally seems to underestimate how likely the better team is to win, especially when that team is like the wings, absurdly better.