Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

The Pussy Boss posted:

After a horrendous start to the season, the Fridays have battled back to nearly .500. Think they still have an outside shot to make the playoffs.

Lineup looks good after York Silk got his stats maxed

Rotation is less good... I think our 2nd best pitcher got incinerated? This game needs a transaction log to keep track of that stuff.

Another of your batters ate a yummy peanut and is a powerhouse, think that's helping a lot.

People are generally keeping track of roster changes on the wiki but not sure how diligent each team is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Playoff Blaseball is some wild poo poo

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

LANDRY VIOLENCE just got incinerated and the world is a lesser place for it

(also his replacement is a 4 star player lmao)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

EXTENDED SIESTA

https://medium.com/@thegameband_studio/blaseball-is-taking-an-extended-siesta-10a65806228c

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

rickiep00h posted:

I'm honestly curious how much the 1% had altogether, or, conversely, how many 99%ers there are. Not that itatyers or anything, I'm just interested in what could have been had we voted for something else, since everyone got all of not-quite two votes' worth of coin with what we had.

The 99% got 193 each so that means the average 1% had 99 times that, or 19,107.

People in the discord were saying they got clipped with as low as 8k~ so who knows how much the richest of the rich lost.

I got my maxbet as high it goes (800), was doing maxbets on literally every favourite, and peaked at around 40k coins before I dumped all but 2000 into maxing out passive income (60), votes and a couple buckets of peanuts.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tacos are getting de-Masoned, perhaps a little TOO de-Masoned?

Before

edit:

After

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 12, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Is this the move? I had gotten my max bet up to 200 and was betting all the favorites but found my bankroll fluctuated wildly.

I made a second account and instead prioritized passive income for a good team on that one.

i did this and just max bet from the best odds to the worst, and when i ran out of coins i'd beg for more and keep betting. if you're not begbetting every hour, raise the max and keep going. by the end of the week i had gotten the maxbet maxed out completely and had like 40k coins

get your passive up to like 20 or 30 payout but after that it gets more expensive than it's worth short term. if the team you pick wins like 60 games a season then you're paying [whatever the upgrade cost is] to get 1 extra coin a week

oh also betting on your own team was bugged and sometimes wouldn't payout, and/or wouldn't payout your passive at random, so i'd never bet on my own team (betting against them still worked though)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The Postman posted:

Wow I'm a Pies fan but you best believe I'll be cheering for NaN every time they go up to bat.

Good news! NaN's in the other league so Pies will probably never play against them

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

harperdc posted:

Patreons were just alerted to the existence of Blagonballs, so time to strap the gently caress in.

it's a public post, so anyone can look at it!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/blagonball-40645064

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

I did this and was able to max out my max bet by this morning.

I made a bunch of money and bought 1000 peanuts in an effort to Do My Part towards the million peanut consumption metagoal people seem to think exists, but turns out this squirrel won't eat peanuts automatically he just lets me eat 2 at a time. Sorta anticlimactic.

There was a thing in The Book that said eating a million peanuts would Do A Thing but after the peanut hacking it changed to this

(STRIKE ONE was opening The Book in the first place)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

A Millenial hit a single and then stole every base in succession and this happened

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1298647401742217216

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

you will never convince me that Ortiz Morse will win a game, so I will just take my ~700 coins, thanks

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

40-Degree Day posted:

All these blaseball lore and art people just want all these characters to gently caress. Please chill.

most of the Canada Moist Talkers are horrific monsters and don't gently caress

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

uh, something happened

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Welcome to the Moist Talkers Experience

We kept it close with the best team in the league, all three of our losses were in shame

Great season, we'll get em next year

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

tinstaach posted:

Blaseball does not want to end. The last day of the season had the longest game in the history of the splort, and now the deciding game of the final series has gone to extra innings

e: oh no apparently that was a semi-final

They had 2 weeks of no blaseball to make up for, it only makes sense we get as much blonus blaseball as possible

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

InnercityGriot posted:

I'll be fine with Tame the Tigers going through, but I think the fourth strike would just be more interesting, and the shame penalty thing too. My team is so far away from contention that I guess I'm more focused on Blessings for us. Any of the playoff/ close to playoff teams will be greatly aided by Tame the Tigers, though.

A one off 4th strike was in play during Season 3, and one of the statlords wrote a paper on it and simulated the season if the four teams didn't receive it. Seemed interesting, at least. Mills got to the playoffs, but they also benefitted from another S2 blessing that earned them 8.5 stars worth of improvements to their players, and they made the playoffs in S4 without the 4th strike based on basically the same roster.

Simulated shame, however might have less application since shame is pretty rare, especially for a top 4 team. Here's how many shame games each of the top four teams lost in the regular season:

Tigers 2 (in a row!)
Jazz Hands 4
Firefighters 4
Millenials 4

I checked the stats and the extra runs that the shame applied to the next game didn't change the results of any of those followup games. Tigers' two shames were actually consecutive, and getting the shame runs carried from the first game to the next would have caused the second game to NOT be shamed.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

There's a new tab on the site called Bulletin for news, fanart, ECHO, etc

Also you can now raise your Maxbet/Passive above 800/60

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

I didn't realize Eat The Rich was each season! :aaaaa:

Time to go spend some more bankroll.

I think it only got added to The Book recently but yeah the way it was written it was for every season.

Same way the S2 version of 4th Strike was just for S3, but the version we're voting on now is now applied every season.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

I think Targeted Shame shifts to the Top 4 at the end of the current Season, so if the Firefighters or Millenials or whoever drop out then someone else will get the Shame.

I think it's just for S5

Compare the wording:

Targeted Shame: The Top 4 Teams will be punished with Targeted Shame next season. When they're shamed, they'll start the next game with negative runs equal to their shame.

and

The Fourth Strike [from this season's votes]: The Bottom 4 Teams from each Season will gain the Fourth Strike for the next Season. It will take four strikes to strike out any of their batters.

and

The Fourth Strike [voted in S2 and implemented for S3]: The bottom four teams in the league gain the Fourth Strike. It will take Four Strikes to strike out any batter on their team for the following Season and Postseason.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

We just had 8 of 10 Underdog victories on day 6. :rip: everyone's blance.

half my teamchat is people talking about how they got rinsed

:capitalism:

embrace  poverty

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

InnercityGriot posted:

Even with the Fridays hit by the reverb pretty bad, they're still favored over the Tacos by almost 70-30 odds, deservedly so

The Lovers rotation is insane by the way.

Lovers got Extra Elbows blessing and got boosted big time

quote:

Extra Elbows blessed the San Francisco Lovers.
Yosh Carpenter's pitching was increased by 20%
Sandford Garner's pitching was increased by 20%
Sandford Garner's pitching was increased by 20%

On top of that, Parker Meng got Altered from 3 to 3.5 stars in the decree.

They just got reverbed too but all it did was change the order of the pitchers around, none got swapped with batters

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

5.5 * pitcher Axel Trololol just got reverbed into a 2.5 batter lmao

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

rickiep00h posted:

ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME.

Every drat time we get something good, it gets nuked into the ground. No loving wonder we're barely a .500 team right now.

I wish we had a season schedule so I could know how much despair I should actually have.

technically this is forbidden knowledge but here's a schedule

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

tinstaach posted:

Don Mitchell just ate a peanut and improved his hitting:

I believe only Wyatt Glover's 4-star defense rating is keeping Don from literally being better than every single Taco at everything

good news! Wyatt Glover got reverbed onto the magic in game 98 for Halexandrey Walton whose stats are 1.5* batting, 2* pitching, 1.5* baserunning, 3* defense

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

StormDrain posted:

I really picked a great game to decide to do chores after...

Basically every Moist Talkers game is like this, I'm glad everyone else gets to experience this now

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

Check out the Idols page... there's a red dotted line that separates the top three Idols.

Maybe this is how they remove OP players from the league?

During rollover/pre-election/whatever, the big peanut said something about making idolising its pods.

There are three players with Peanut in their name (they used to have Dan in their name but now they have Peanut in their name):

Peanut Bong (Miami Dale)
Peanut Holloway (Philly Pies)
Peanutiel Duffy (Hades Tigers)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

StormDrain posted:

"I think my favorite team which is 21-2 might be good".

from the poster that brought you "im fuckin mad we lost the best player" after winning 4 blessings

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

InnercityGriot posted:

- The Moist Talkers took a heavy fall from grace, and the Hawaii Fridays are at the bottom of their division, two over performing teams from last season got hit with the regression bat, plus league realignment.

It's funny because despite having the worst record in the league, the Moist Talkers chat's main concern is that we lost our big beautiful boy Richmond Harrison in the feedback

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tibalt posted:

I bring secret Crab knowledge, in case anyone wants more details.

There is some debate about better idol and betting strategies in the SIBR discord if you really want to maximize, but this is probably the best you'll get without putting in a lot more effort.

"3. Bet Max on anything 60% or above, and half that between 50-60%"

good to see that not only are Crabs insufferable shitbags, they're also lamentable cowards

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

if you're betting halfmax on 59% your heart is full of fear and you don't deserve to have any coins

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

harperdc posted:

so it's like XCOM stats then

I've built things up enough that I'm sure to be in the 1% this next time, which is fine. I just hope the Garages make the post-season.

you know you can spend your coins right? I've been over 150k coins last couple seasons and I just spend them all on votes til I'm down to about 6k

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

the redistribution is like a couple hundred, last season the 1% cut off was over 10k I think?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

bawfuls posted:

what are Peanut players and does that have anything to do with Jaylen Hotdogfingers?
Jaylen and the Peanuts are two different things.

In season 2, with the election of the Peanut decree, three players with Dan in their name had Dan replaced with Peanut

Peanut Holloway (Pies)
Peanutiel Duffy (Tigers)
Peanut Bong (Dalé)

Just before Season 5 election, The Peanut appeared and said the following:
  • WHO IS TALKING
  • BE QUIET
  • YOU WORSHIP THEM
  • WHEN I WALK AMONG YOU?
  • MY PROGENY
  • MY PODS
  • HONOR THEM TO HONOR ME

which leads people to think that getting the three Dans Peanuts at the top of the idol chart will do something.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

InnercityGriot posted:

Yeah, but the Tacos aren't fluking into any championships any time soon. Giving our paltry stars to a better team feels bad, we already suck and are the worst team in the league.

luckily your Party Time Speed Run record still stands

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Pinwiz11 posted:

Firefighters vs Millenials to get last place in Wild High will likely go down to the end of the season :munch:

It's funny because they both still in playoff contention because Wild Low is so bad they're both only 1 game behind the Flowers

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tibalt posted:

Jessica Telephone was a key component to their offense, so skipping her at bats absolutely devastated their ability to get runs.

Also, I haven't confirmed this, but I'm pretty having a player shelled means you're effectively down one on defense. We're not sure how it's calculated, so I'd hard to say, but JT was also an above average defensive player for the Pies.

She's still on defense

https://twitter.com/blaseball/status/1304775244171812864

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

InnercityGriot posted:

Offseason blaseball, like basketball, is the best part. Can't wait for the Tacos to miraculously only win one blessing and get the one that steals Nagomi Mcdaniel, who is in a shell and will likely be stolen after this season.

Enhanced Party Time is as good as a Blessing for the Tacos, probably better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

peanut said:

HOTDOGFINGERS?
AMUSING
THE LEDGER MUST BE BALANCED
DEBTS PAID
GOOD LUCK

election results: