Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Capntastic posted:

Is anyone playing this? It's on sale today on Steam and I apparently wishlisted it

Buy it; it's really fun. You just need to come to grips with the lack of healing, permadeath, extremely limited respawns, and roguelite bits.

Pros:

- classes all play really differently and are all useful; characters are "expendable" in the Darkest Dungeon sense
- game is not too easy
- figuring out the game mechanics is actually rewarding
- maps don't take 2 hours to play and yet require some finesse
- music is very good and adds to the atmosphere
- initiative and timeline based turns are something that I wish a lot more games would do
- combat is satisfying and the enemies get MUCH more deadly as the game progresses
- good value for price proposition

Cons:

- limited map and mission variety
- some of the voice work is either annoyingly repetitive or lines talk over one another. Small studio problem, I guess; but game runs and plays well so who really cares that much.
- bosses can be cheesed (sucks because until you figure out the cheese, you will die and then it's game over. . . it's not really a skill check; more of a cheese check)

Meh:

- Art style is as if someone just got done playing Dishonored void levels, Hatred, and added in voiceless waifus to make a game. It's OK I guess, but it's honestly hard to make out some UI things regarding movement, timeline, and other cues.
- some missions are just bad and you will avoid them on purpose once you figure out which ones they are. This is only a few missions and not every mission can be a hit, so no big deal.

I recommend giving it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU