Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Siivola posted:

Have you by any chance been playing Kingdom Come lately? Soupy beer that you need to drink with a straw is an ancient Egyptian thing, and that game is the only instance I know of that getting associated with the Middle Ages.
After 1400 or so beer had settled in to the combo of water, yeast, malt and, increasingly but not always, hops that we still drink today. :beerpal:

I've read that one item considered representative of femininity was the sieve carried at the belt so that the woman of the household could strain any remaining soupy porridgey bits out upon serving (her being the one to pour and serve the beverages, thus offering hospitality, being an important aspect of her role in the household). I don't remember details like "where i read this" but all the sources on my shelf focus on pre-14th-century England and its northern French cultural sphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

i know i'm factually incorrect but i amuse myself imagining the name Gamwell indicates he's got fine legs. good ol billy hotlegs. william sexy-ankles. billy fillhose

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Midge (or Much, or Moche) the Miller's Son

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Siivola posted:

"Abbot Stabbot".

:bisonyes: