Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
The only Game Boy games I really remember are TMNT, Spider-Man, Super Mario Land, and Tetris. I know you did TMNT but am not sure about the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hell of a project, congrats on finishing it.

One game you didn't touch on that I recently re-played was Kirby's Pinball Land, which is a lot of fun but absolutely maddening as someone who doesn't really understand skilled pinball play.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Wow, this brought up memories I didn't remember I had. I think this must have been a cart-only garage sale purchase for me, I remember playing it but having no concept of Metroid as a franchise. Mostly I think the whole thing just confused me - this may be the most linear of the games, but it had to have been the first game I played with that kind of sprawling, maze-y design to work through, and I don't think it went too well for me. It's very interesting to go back and see it now, with the whole Metroidvania concept now just being something familiar.
e: That end credits music was a nice surprise :toot:

Anyways, thanks to you and the rest of the group for putting all the time and effort in, it's been a fun series. There's been a great balance between nostalgia for games I played, and interest in seeing ones I only read about or sometimes never even heard of.

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 9, 2022

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
John Goodman is having a lot of fun in some of the schlockier movies he's in. He has a great bit part in Trumbo, and King Ralph while a dumb premise has a surprisingly solid romance. Also his role as a selfish movie promoter capitalising on 1950s america's fear of nuclear war to sell terrible horror movies is really fun as well, in the movie that I think I'm the only person to have seen, Matinee.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I was too young when I watched Matinee to remember much about it, but I definitely remember the time they put mechanisms under the seats to do things like whip strings against people's ankles at times in the movie when mice or rats were running around, or making the seats vibrate when someone in the movie was grabbed. I feel like I wasted my youth having experiences and not appreciating them. And learning how to 100% Metroid 2 in under the required time.

ThePenIsMightier
Dec 21, 2009

Action Shakespeare posted:

I wanna hear more, though! I did all 50 of my games, so now it's open season. Tell me what games impacted you most. Tell me what games I missed and was a huge idiot for not including! Tell me...well I think I'll save the third option for now. I have a proper thread closer in mind.

I really enjoyed seeing some of my old favorites again. Really though, I thought there would be more of them that I'd never seen and it really shows how much of my love for these games was nostalgia. I think you did a great job on the intros, some real work went into them and I enjoyed hearing you discuss the creation of the games and the ads for them.

Even without playing through each game, just a retrospective on the creations was worth the watch.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That's true, I forgot to mention it but I really enjoyed all the intros and ads as well, that kind of stuff really helps elevate it beyond just nostalgic playthroughs and fun chat.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wK5XzLHMPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPC1Ql5BLIs

Comin through with some more uncuts! Should still have a few more things int he pipeline, but recovering from surgery has admittedly made it a lil slow. Should get there one way or another though!

ThePenIsMightier posted:

I really enjoyed seeing some of my old favorites again. Really though, I thought there would be more of them that I'd never seen and it really shows how much of my love for these games was nostalgia. I think you did a great job on the intros, some real work went into them and I enjoyed hearing you discuss the creation of the games and the ads for them.

Even without playing through each game, just a retrospective on the creations was worth the watch.

Thank you, and everyone else for kind words like this! I'm so glad people have been able to enjoy my silly lil project, and the less than silly amount of work that sometimes goes into it.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

THE RANKING OF SNAKES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJnCd_1xTd8

It is here! Just as we promised, we took a deep look into all 32 snakes featured in 50 Shades of Grayscale. Buckle up for an excessively thorough discussion on 4 colored pixels, and gird your loins for some shocking final rankings! Once that's over, get back here and tell us how loving wrong we were with your own rankings! Or just yell at us for something else.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I mentioned in a comment that Nyororin's tail falling apart reminds me of a local business's logo - this is that logo. Same problem, competently drawn front half, terrible tail.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvcResSK4aY

It's time to round up all of our opinions into one neat little package! Join us as we argue the merits of Kirby, the badness of Lolo, and the greatness of Metroid 2! Don't forget to let me know how wrong I am and post your own hot takes via your own version of the tierlist!

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTl9W_Vzl9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdzEfCjkdjo

A late set of uncuts, after an impromptu week skip. These final days are gettin a lil loopy, but we're getting there! Look forward to a few more fun things.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

BONUS: Antonball Deluxe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUies5HcD20

SURPRISE! An extra special bonus even I couldn't predict got recorded! It's a bit of a reach to consider this bonus content for this whole thing, but dammit if I don't appreciate that silly lil brick breaker game. I hope you can appreciate it, too! Look forward to potentially more surprises this weekend.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I'm still going through your backlog. So wait... the Switch port of FFA only runs at 30fps?!? Or is that just your capture setup not supporting full speed?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Antonball looks bonkers and goofily fun, I'll have to add it to the ever-growing pile of games to check out.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

Ofecks posted:

I'm still going through your backlog. So wait... the Switch port of FFA only runs at 30fps?!? Or is that just your capture setup not supporting full speed?

No idea! Doesn't look too much different from other games we've played with fixed movement animations, but also it's a Game Boy game? I dunno how smooth it truly needs to be.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

No idea! Doesn't look too much different from other games we've played with fixed movement animations, but also it's a Game Boy game? I dunno how smooth it truly needs to be.

It was my favorite game on the ol' BrickBoy, I probably spent more time with it than all my other games combined. The movement of the player sprite (not the enemies/NPCs, those were always jerky) and the screen transitions were all silky-smooth. I recently re-played it on RetroArch to get all of the achievements (I missed one, doh) and yeah, your footage is definitely choppier. If that's due to a phoned-in port, what a shame. The Switch versions of Dragon Quest 1-3 scroll along at like, 10fps, it's awful. Maybe they figured no one will notice. They were wrong!

I'm really enjoying the artwork for all the enemies! I never knew their official names, either.

Someone mentioned the GBA remake (Sword of Mana)... I honestly didn't care for it. It is drastically different than the GB original. And there are like, crafting systems and stuff. It was pretty complicated, the kind of thing you really need a strategy guide for to do it "correctly". Otherwise combat can be a slog. And the mobile/Vita port... well it's far more accurate to the original. But it's exactly the same game. There is zero new content at all. No new weapons, magic, enemies, story, location, nothing. There's a few QoL changes but nothing major. It's almost as if they just took the PRG ROMs of the GB cart and plopped a 3D engine on top of it.

I'm kinda surprised you're not playing Final Fantasy Legend. That was prominently featured in the NP guide (I had it as a kid, as well) and I spent a lot of time studying it. For whatever reason, I passed those FFL games over and didn't play them until I met a friend later in high school who also liked RPGs (that was very rare back then, for my age group) and he let me borrow them + a Super Game Boy.

e: starting FFA vid #3 now and it's running at the proper speed, without missing any frames. Did you switch back to emulator or play through the Switch port all the way through? I didn't notice if it smoothed out earlier because I've been watching at x2 speed.

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 31, 2022

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

Let's Talk About Pokemon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igxKsLJ1N3s

Happy TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY to the thread! I got ONE LAST SURPRISE FOR YA. Though is it really? Did you really think I was going to gush about the Game Boy for all these years and not dedicate some time to it's most massive success? Not gonna lie, though, it's kind of a miracle this video got made in time. For as much as this idea had been kicking around my head, it was hard to form it into words. Much less get footage that satisfied me. in the end, though, I buckled down and spilled my heart for a few minutes. I hope you enjoy it!

With this video, that will do it for official updates to the thread, save for a few uncut video cleanups. Thank you to everyone who has stuck around and is STILL sticking around to enjoy. I got a lot of housekeeping to do on archival stuff, so the thread will be open for a lil bit longer. I'll be checking in plenty!

Ofecks posted:

e: starting FFA vid #3 now and it's running at the proper speed, without missing any frames. Did you switch back to emulator or play through the Switch port all the way through? I didn't notice if it smoothed out earlier because I've been watching at x2 speed.

Same setup every time, so massive shrugs on that. Capture coulda just been being testy.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I enjoyed that, thanks for putting it together. I somehow completely missed out on anything Pokemon related in that era, I wish I'd picked it up because that would've been a great communal experience to have as a kid.
(also it's the best little wrestlebird Hawlucha of course, regardless of the fact that the gameboy was a museum piece by the time it came around)

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvcResSK4aY

It's time to round up all of our opinions into one neat little package! Join us as we argue the merits of Kirby, the badness of Lolo, and the greatness of Metroid 2! Don't forget to let me know how wrong I am and post your own hot takes via your own version of the tierlist!

Watched this yesterday. Was very interesting! I mostly agree with all of your opinions, at least with the games I've not played before myself. For the stuff that I have played, though, I see some of them a little differently:

• I'd bump Zelda up to Masterpiece. I bought it close to the release date and It was the last game I bought for the GB until I revisited the platform much later during the GBC years. I thought it was amazing from beginning to end. I liked it even more, in some ways, than LttP, if that says anything. Just an absolutely stellar game that I can't find any major faults in. I even collected all of the Secret Seashells, without a strategy guide (or internet access) and "holy poo poo you get the loving Master Sword omg :byodood:" was the perfect capstone. Several years down the road, having the DX version, plus both Oracle games, was complete 2D Zelda ecstasy. All 3 of them together is a really top-tier video game package.
  • I think I'd swap Mario Lands 1 and 2. I didn't have a copy of Mario Land 1 myself until my cousin gave it to me years after its release, but I played it plenty on friends/family's GBs when it was current and it was for sure a system seller. The control is a little slippery but I can get used to it. That said, ML2 didn't impress me as much. I think the big chunky look of everything played a role in that opinion. Also some of the BGM tracks got on my nerves. It also seemed to play a lot slower, whereas you can really zoom through ML1 if you know what you're doing. ML2 is still a solid game, but I don't think it's better than the first.
  • Swap Final Fantasy Adventure and Metroid 2, for me. As I mentioned before, there's just some kind of special sauce that FFA has that really clicks with me. I played it over and over from beginning to end, so many times. I hear your complaints about the menuing, and some of the bugs are frustrating, but that is the only thing keeping it from my own Masterpiece list. Metroid 2, on the other hand, was a fine game but I think I like the original NES version more (actually the FDS JP original is even better). Ultimately, I never got the same amount of joy playing M2 than I did FFA.
  • I tried out Batman via emulation not too long ago and I think it's better than your ranking. It Has Potential, for sure, maybe even Adequate. I thought the platforming and run-n-gun aspects were fine. I even liked the shmup level. Maybe your setup has a bunch of added input latency. Generally these sort of games are more enjoyable on real hardware or a latency-optimized RetroArch core. I'd also like to try Gremlins 2 sometime to see if I find it as wretched as you did.
  • Castlevania Has Potential. It's very rough around the edges, but I think that's because Konami was on a tight deadline with brand-new hardware. It's still a Castlevania game. Also, CV2 Belmont's Revenge is an amazing game and it pretty much plays the same. They just corrected all the mistakes they made with Adventure.
  • So, Catrap. I'd put it lower, significantly. Adequate, maybe, but realistically Has Potential, I think. Full disclosure: my bias here is due to me being stupid and easily frustrated by puzzle games. Especially ones like this one where you need to engage the Chessboard Brain and think 4+ moves ahead. I'm just really horrible at stuff like that. That said, I hear and validate the compliments towards it. My sister had this game, we both got Game Boys the same Xmas ('91) and that was her extra game. Mine was Kunio-kun Soccer (Nintendo World Cup). No idea why I asked for that instead of Mario Land! Or TMNT! Or Castlevania! Or Metroid 2! Or any of the good titles that were out by then! Maybe I gave my mom a list and she just picked that one. Anyway, Catrap is quite charming and I see why y'all like it.

A couple thoughts on a couple games I haven't played (much):
  • Tail Gator! I've only played maybe 10-15 minutes of it but I think I'd set it higher to Solid. This is one I remember seeing in the Purple NP Game Boy Guide and its screenshots were very intriguing. Now that I've played a bit, I think I would've enjoyed having that one in my stack of cartridges as a kid.
  • I'd be really surprised if I held an obscure third-party game (by a B-tier publisher, even) like Avenging Spirit in as high regard as you did. Just based on what I've read about it and the screenshots I've seen (plus some footage of people playing the arcade original), maybe Solid at best? I dunno, but I skipped that episode so I'd better go back and watch it to find out.

And some musings about games you didn't play for this project:
  • Final Fantasy Legend 1 & 2. Great portable RPGs. FFL1 was intentionally designed to be completed in 8 hours, the flight time from Tokyo to Honolulu. So it doesn't overstay its welcome. And I love all the gameplay freedom it offers you, especially when compared to stuff at the time like Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy IV. FFL2 took that concept and just ran with it, blazing down the corridor. I'd say it's the best RPG on the platform. After I bought a GBC (mainly for the Dragon Quest 1-2 port), I picked up FFL1 (because Sunsoft was re-publishing all the BrickBoy FF's at the time), and intended to buy FFL2 eventually but I never got around to it. My SO at the time had FFL3 and I stole it from her to try it out, but I did not like it for some reason. Now that I'm thinking about it, the morphing of all the characters (like the Monsters in the previous 2 games) didn't sit right with me. May have been a little too much gameplay freedom. Choice paralysis, probably.
  • As mentioned above Castlevania 2: Belmont's Revenge is superb. I'm not sure I'd rank it as a Masterpiece, but it's up there. The soundtrack is absolutely incredible. I am still floored, to this day, at what Konami accomplished with the GB's little wavetable. It's one of the GB soundtracks I have in my digital music library, to listen to on a whim. It's a rip of the official "Dracula Best" volume it was on (I forget which one), and they added reverb to make it sound even awesomer. My sister didn't have many GB games, but this was one of them. She liked Castlevania for some reason. I would borrow the GB cart from her and play it with my Walkman headphones. :rock:
  • I really like Sword of Hope. It's kinda like portable Shadowgate, but there's an actual RPG attached to it. Not a complex one, but I was fond of the concept when I bought a used copy during the GBC years. I was working at a FuncoLand at the time, so I got a nice employee discount on used stuff that would come in. You should've seen the Sega Saturn I yoinked for myself that someone traded in, it was basically in brand-new condition. I digress. There's a SoH sequel and it looks like improved more of the same, but I haven't played it before.
  • Roland's Curse was a game I picked off the shelf to buy at Babbages. The fantasy theme and Zelda-like perspective piqued my interest. But I was a little disappointed with it. Was kinda short and repetitive. I sometimes got pretty lost wandering around. Had interesting music, though. Kinda melancholy, but I like that sort of thing. Only recently did I learn that it was made by NMK, who is more famous for their somewhat-janky-but-incredibly-stylish arcade shmups. It also has a sequel I've never played but it looks like an improvement over the original.
  • Normally, a really straight-forward portable port of Space Invaders isn't noteworthy, but the game itself is kinda secondary to this memory: my 2nd date in high school was with a friend-of-a-friend of my first date. Both girls went to a different school than me. I met the first one via a blind date at the music shop where we both took guitar lessons (the shop owner set us up). She wasn't interested in me romantically, but we became friends. And I befriended some of her friends. And I asked out one of them at some point and (to my surprise) she said yes. When I went to pick her up, she invited me in to meet her parents and younger siblings. I saw a Game Boy Pocket lying on the couch and I was like "oooo video games" and my date said it was hers and let me try the game inside - Space Invaders. Yup, it was Space Invaders alright. Not much to say about Space Invaders. But I remember being caught off guard by the fact that "A) this GB Pocket is pretty neat, the screen is way better than the BrickBoy and B) hey wait a minute... a girl likes video games?!?" I'm older than all of you, this was a much rarer thing back then ('96 or '97), especially for teenagers. I mean, my older sister had a GB but she didn't play it much and didn't take any interest in the non-portable consoles I had, so this was different I think. I knew exactly zero female peers my age that were into gaming. So this gal that I was taking out was more interesting because of it. But it didn't really work out between us - that date wasn't great and neither of us asked for a follow-up, so yeah. I just think that sort of perspective was important for me. Like, it gave me just a little bit of hope for the future of my personal connections.
  • GB shmups! I've had the pleasure of playing Solar Striker, Nemesis, and R-Type. I think I can safely say at this point that shmups don't really work well on a portable system, especially retro ones where you gotta button mash sometimes. And the blur from moving objects on the BrickBoy's screen... yikes. I was shocked and appalled to discover the actual framerate of Nemesis many years later (it's quite low), but I guess they did it that way for a reason, huh?

Aaaaaaand some final words (this post has become quite the monstrosity and I'm very sorry):

• Overall, I think the Game Boy had a much more diverse and interesting library than NES. Possibly SNES, too, considering the vast gulf of SFC games that stayed in Japan. There's all kinds of quirky GB stuff from every genre that made it to NA kids. I guess the library is fairly puzzle-heavy, but it makes sense given how those kinds of games do well on there. I think the Game Boy was an important part of the Nintendo ecosystem at the time, and I'm really fortunate that I had all 3 of those parts. Combined with a Nintendo Power subscription and its bonus guides like Purple GB, it was A Good Time for tween me, and gave me a much-needed reprieve from the emerging horrors of adolescence.
  • I don't have much to say about Pokemon except that I'm basically Too Old For That poo poo. At least I was when it finally came out in '98. I had already graduated high school! And at that point I'd left Nintendo mostly behind (was pretty deep into Playstation by then). I'd seen the anime on afternoon TV a few times (anime was pretty rare, so I usually checked it out whenever I saw it on), but it didn't sell me on the games. To this day, I've still never played any Pokemon game. Considering their importance to the industry, I think I'd like to rectify that. On real hardware, anyway. All I have right now is a Famicom. There's several unlicensed Asia-region Pokemon titles, a couple of which got fan-translations, but I think I'd rather order a tricked-out modded GBA and then have access to 20 years worth of portable gaming and it's... mostly legit! If only Stone Age Gamer's Everdrives would come back in stock...

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 5, 2022

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

Ofecks posted:

a lotta :words: i enjoyed reading

I'm totally with you on Mario Land 1, honestly. It's the one I come back to most for its gameplay. Super slick, good snake, what's not to love? Tail Gator probably would have gotten higher if it didn't have like an hour of cut footage of me dying to an annoying bird and then hiking all the way back. I know that's kind of a skill issue, but that's just like my opinion man. What can I say about Avenging Spirit besides play/watch it I guess? It's a delight and short and sweet.

I'm so glad to see all your recommendations and anecdotes though! I can never stress enough how much I just love seeing that, especially from the perspective of an age group outside our own. :corsair: Even if it's just some dumb stream stuff down the road I'd love to tackle more Game Boy titles, maybe even on proper hardware! Lists like yours will fuel my considerations, even if I don't think Space Invaders will hit me quite the same.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

I'm so glad to see all your recommendations and anecdotes though! I can never stress enough how much I just love seeing that, especially from the perspective of an age group outside our own. :corsair: Even if it's just some dumb stream stuff down the road I'd love to tackle more Game Boy titles, maybe even on proper hardware! Lists like yours will fuel my considerations, even if I don't think Space Invaders will hit me quite the same.

Thank you for reading! If it wasn't clear, my Game Boy years were basically all of middle school. I was 11 and in 6th grade when I received it for Xmas, and my last game for it, Link's Awakening, came out summer of '93 so I was 13/14 in 8th grade while I was playing it. So a little bit older than the GB target audience, but not significantly so. Minus Final Fantasy 6 (III) and 3 other really enjoyable SNES games I bought with my own money from my first job (Chrono Trigger, Yoshi's Island, Doom), I kinda set aside video gaming altogether the first half of high school. I spent that time instead getting into music during the 90's altrock heyday and playing guitar. My Junior year, I met a really good new friend who would crash over at my house on the weekends and he'd bring his Playstation. There was no parental supervision at that time (single mom, and she was out-of-town on the weekends pursuing a new relationship), so we'd get drunk and/or high and play stuff like Resident Evil, Castlevania SotN, and Final Fantasy Tactics (holy poo poo FFT battles seem to last forever when stoned). I got my own PS1 the following year because I enjoyed his so much. He's also the one that liked RPGs and let me borrow the FFLs to try (also Crystalis and FF1 on NES, neither of which I had played before then).

Anywho, thanks for instigating this stroll down memory lane. Game Boy good.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf_61rEPetY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6pzi1qe-ds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhSYS8gsnZU

Now that this is all said and done, I do truly wonder which game has the highest proportion of footage to end product. By pure percentages, Battletoads may take it. See for yourself!

Ofecks posted:

Game Boy good.

:hmmyes:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

MagusofStars posted:

I had this exact same strategy guide growing up and did the exact same thing. :hfive:

Maybe it's just because I was like, 8, but every single game in that guide looked like it'd be worth a try. Even though (as you said), the 'hundreds of games' included a lot which can be summarized as "yeah, this is a game that exists, it's on the GameBoy, here's two screenshots of it to prove we didn't just make it up", I still thought those ones looked fun.

I would read that book for hours

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

ilmucche posted:

I would read that book for hours

Same, it was great. Nintendo Power published 4 similar guides at around the same time: NES Game Atlas (featured fewer games but had full[?] maps for them), the aforementioned GB one, SNES (similar to GB), and Top Secret Passwords (cheat codes and passwords for an assortment of games across all 3 Nintendo platforms of the time). All the guides were a renewal bonus for the magazine. The deal was advertised before the guides were published and I remember asking my mom to renew me early so I could get them. I gave her cash from my "allowance" (I only ever got money for mowing the lawn and sometimes birthdays) and she wrote me a check for the sub.

The last time I went through my packed-away stuff looking for something, I found the SNES and Passwords guides, but I'm not sure what happened to NES and GB. I haven't seen them in many years.

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 8, 2022

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROKcLhoYtEo

And there we have it! The final bit of uncut footage. All that's left is for me to finish cleaning up the table of contents and extras. Thank you everyone who came to watch, do fanart, or just share your stories! Supremely grateful that my first proper foray into doing LPs was met with the support it had. Sorry. I'm a sappy bitch. I will go on forever on those kinds of things if you let me. See you next mission!

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

I've been mostly lurking in the thread, but have been watching the videos and wanted to say that I really enjoyed following and watching the videos.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

MagusofStars posted:

I've been mostly lurking in the thread, but have been watching the videos and wanted to say that I really enjoyed following and watching the videos.

Thank you for enjoying!

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

I have finally gotten off my butt to properly fill in all of the table of contents and bonus video lists! I figured I'd give one last goodbye and offer thanks to everyone who enjoyed the thread. I'll officially close the drat thing within a day or two.

But hey, while you're here reading this, check out this cool pearler Beedrops made!

Cowabunga, dudes. See you in another life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

At the risk of committing a massive faux pas, I'm here with one last post. First and foremost, I'm here to clean up the TOC and make it much more Archive friendly, so that I can properly submit it! Second, I wanted to celebrate the anniversary of the Game Boy and this project one last time with a special stream. A REAL final word, in the form of a game I had been looking forward to for some time. It's a bittersweet note, but I hope it brings back some nice memories and maybe even motivates you in your endeavors! Thank you for reading. Thank you for watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJy6ZlCYBpU