Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Haha what do you think Bowsette smells like LOL
This poll is closed.
Lilac 12 3.96%
Gooseberries 8 2.64%
Turtle soup 11 3.63%
Your favourite Doritos flavor (please specify) 14 4.62%
Gamer girl bath water 54 17.82%
Stop it 158 52.15%
A Pizza Hut Personal Pan Pizza (Pepperoni) 33 10.89%
get stick bugged lol 12 3.96%
tomato pizza 1 0.33%
Total: 303 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jay Rust posted:

Consumerism rules. Remember to use your consumables, gamers

What if I need them later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Chev posted:

Also in Death Stranding you can do a quest to level up the drink from Monster to Porter!

Then, if you try to drink them all, Sam gets really wasted and switches back to Monster.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

I tried to look at Norman Reedus's gonards and he punched me

It'd be pretty hosed up for a game to let you just grossly ogle one of the main characters.

If it's a man, I mean.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
2B also kicks away the camera. I don't think 9S does, even when he's wearing the short shorts.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

Everything I hear about Death Stranding that isn't "Die-Hardman" makes it sound shittier and shittier

same except including die hardman

from the initial trippy nonsensical trailers all the way up to the present day literally every fact I have learned about death stranding has made it sound less appealing

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think I would like the actual gameplay a whole lot but everything else I’ve heard is a major turnoff

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Just ignore the story, most of it is fine and not nearly as pervasive as anyone claims. I spent like 40 hours on the game and didn't even beat it but I really liked the time I spent with it

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
One of my favorite parts in Death Stranding is there are optional pizza delivery missions, which actually tend to be pretty tricky (in a world where stepping outside is only for hardboiled adventurers fresh pizza deliveries are the ultimate luxury food)! If you complete them all, right in the middle of the game's lengthy finale you get a final delivery that actually ties the pizzas into the overarching conspiracy.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Also I'll say that almost every person who has claimed "uhhhhhgh the symbolism in this game is so juvenile............" has gotten like, THE main symbol of the entire game totally wrong

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Chev posted:

One of my favorite parts in Death Stranding is there are optional pizza delivery missions, which actually tend to be pretty tricky (in a world where stepping outside is only for hardboiled adventurers fresh pizza deliveries are the ultimate luxury food)! If you complete them all, right in the middle of the game's lengthy finale you get a final delivery that actually ties the pizzas into the overarching conspiracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czTksCF6X8Y

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The main symbol is the monster energy logo and then the secondary one is the war flashback sequences suck so bad everyone tries to forget they exist

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I think I would like the actual gameplay a whole lot but everything else I’ve heard is a major turnoff
do you mean as a game that so completely and accurately crystallizes the 2020 experience

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

im looking forward to watching a lets play of death stranding one day

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

sharrrk posted:

im looking forward to watching a lets play of death stranding one day

So I usually recommend people play really good games and to just watch LPs of a game if they're not interested, but I genuinely think that even if you don't think you'll like Death Stranding you should play it, because you're gonna get absolutely nothing out of just watching someone play it. Kojima himself said that he thought a lot of people would hate the game. I'm not gonna say it's bad on purpose, but I think it's somewhere in that territory. The whole trick that the game pulls with the online progression won't mean anything if you're not the one who is totally relieved when the game finally lets you engage with its main mechanics

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

RBA Starblade posted:

Everything I hear about Death Stranding that isn't "Die-Hardman" makes it sound shittier and shittier

Death Stranding is the best game of 2019

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Jay Rust posted:

This is almost the exact opposite of how I feel about it tbh. Its the only game I can think of off the top of my head where I definitely I get more joy out of playing it on the absolute easiest setting. I kind of regret actually buying it when I absolutely could have just watched an LP or whatever but it's for sure got a point of view which is fairly unique even if that pov is fuckin wack and I mostly enjoy it because I smoke a lot of weed

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So I usually recommend people play really good games and to just watch LPs of a game if they're not interested, but I genuinely think that even if you don't think you'll like Death Stranding you should play it, because you're gonna get absolutely nothing out of just watching someone play it. Kojima himself said that he thought a lot of people would hate the game. I'm not gonna say it's bad on purpose, but I think it's somewhere in that territory. The whole trick that the game pulls with the online progression won't mean anything if you're not the one who is totally relieved when the game finally lets you engage with its main mechanics

i dont like playing kojima games i like watching other people play them

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Gonna throw a hot take towel into the arena, because at the time Death Stranding came out I was so unbelievably broke that it wasn't funny, but I really wanted to experience the game.

I watched all of it through CohhCarnage playing it and I really loved being able to do that??? I don't see his name come up here a lot so I don't know if he's goon cancelled or anything e3but I rely on him a lot for thorough plays of big AAA story games that I just can't personally afford to play myself.

Watched his runs of Kingdom Hearts 3, Control, and The Last of Us 2 and had the same good time, I like his style and I rarely feel like I would be having a better time playing than just having a nice curated LP?

Maybe that makes my opinion trash, but he does a good job of playing stuff blind and not letting his community spill into and spoil the stream itself?

I'm also deaf as gently caress so I 100% appreciate that all his stuff is captioned

postmodifier fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 31, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I would never have played Bloodborne if I hadn't watched LPs of it first

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

sharrrk posted:

the soap shoes tie in in sonic adventure 2 is the best product placement of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJrCjATOxZ8

It was 1997. I was 17-years-old makin $200.00 p/h sliding around on shoes. I was getting on TV. I received free clothes, free shoes, & free booze. I was staring in national & international sales-commercials. Went on tour. And banged tons of hot Soap groupies.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I mean you can do whatever you want, I just think that if you're on the fence about whether or not you think Death Stranding is "good" then watching an LP probably isn't gonna change your mind or will lean you even farther towards the camp of not liking it. I tell people all the time to just watch cutscene compilations of Persona 2 because that game is not fun to play at all but it's worth it to see the story.

It's sort of like the opposite problem of Deadly Premonition where everyone who just watched an LP of the game loves it and can't believe the low scores and hate everyone gives it because they never had to deal with the terrible controls

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Deadly Premonition is worth playing, cowards

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'd rather replay Deadly Premonition, a game that literally no longer launches on my system, than Death Stranding.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

lol the game industry is such a dumpster fire this year. Between this, and the news about how Sony is handling PS5 pre-orders (it's a lottery system now), I am just not excited for anything except maybe still Cyberpunk 2077.

Its only lottery for the small % of total units they are direct selling. Stores will receive units and you can race to preorder.

The invite thing seems aimed at giving the biggest psn users a ps5 asap so they influence others, while grabbing a better margin on sales for whatever number of boxes they have the ability to ship themselves

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Silent Hill 3: Those cans look like Monster to you...?

underrated post imo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There was a 20-hour stretch of the game where I saw absolutely zero story cutscenes, it was all building infrastructure and making deliveries.

It owned

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I just hear dp and loved it, Death stranding is also good. It's due it's fair share of criticism but stopping at 'its unsubtle' isn't really interesting or substantial imo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I remember being really inspired and impressed by the conceit of a shared single player experience when I got the last Nier automata ending and hoping I'd find something like that in death stranding but I still haven't left port Knox and I mostly just keep putting up no pissing signs when I log in but I hope to go back to it one day when I am not just stressed irl enough that the crying baby and robot arm don't give me mild anxiety the second they start going off

Actually that's not true I think 'hey my name's Sam too!!!' is a legit funny gaming moment and I have worn out my controllers button for call out just smashing it constantly

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 1, 2020

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I remember being really inspired and impressed by the conceit of a shared single player experience when I got the last Nier automata ending and hoping I'd find something like that in death stranding but I still haven't left port Knox and I mostly just keep putting up no pissing signs when I log in but I hope to go back to it one day when I am not just stressed irl enough that the crying baby and robot arm don't give me mild anxiety the second they start going off

Actually that's not true I think 'hey my name's Sam too!!!' is a legit funny gaming moment and I have worn out my controllers button for call out just smashing it constantly

Yes, the game does open up when you leave the opening area / tutorial zone.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yes, the game does open up when you leave the opening area / tutorial zone.

The game hasn't even really started until you get access to the truck

Death Stranding is such a weird experience that the single most eye-opening and substantial upgrade available to you in the game that totally changes the way that you interact with a video game is a loving truck its so dope

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jay Rust posted:

Isn’t “simp” just a 2020 “cuck”?

Yes but somehow more misogynist.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Last pizza of the pizza chat month!

The crust on this was much better. For these thin crust pies it really feels like I need to let the dough refrigerate for about a week to get excellent results.

Two tbsp red sauce + a half teaspoon of the chicken-bomb-oil, which was enough to get a pleasant spicy tang without it dominating everything. One layer of sprinkled parmesan and cubed full-fat low-moisture mozzarella, chopped rosemary, andouille sausage, onions, then a second layer of mozzarella. I prepped the onions as suggested by Cook's Illustrated: salting and sugaring them, letting them sit for 15 minutes, then rinsing and drying. This allows them to have a pleasant give and not taste completely raw after the quick bake while also helping prevent the onions from scorching.

This was about as much as this crust could stand and I got worried cutting through it, but it all worked out. The mozz layering allowed for a good stretchy cheese action! I forgot I also wanted to put some sun-dried tomato so I ate that on the side

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Lurdiak posted:

Yes but somehow more misogynist.

been trying to work this one out for 10minutes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I feel like there are a lot of people who are more open about self-identifying as a simp compared to cuck, which is still almost always an insult directed at someone else

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
CF your food posts more than anything make me want to get new plates. Well second to eating your food that always looks beautiful and tasty.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
[to t he tune of young thug constantly hating] im a simp im a simp im a subscriber

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

gently caress yeah

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011