Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I don't know what the proud boys are saying but whatever it is deserves throwing hands.

Nazi punks gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Thwomp posted:

For thirty years, the conservative elites built a right-wing media ecosystem only for it to trap them inside with Trump, locked in a death spiral.

I mean based on recent history it is so far a winning spiral for the people who built the cage.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Hot Karl Marx posted:

this Q poo poo is going to get really real if trump wins again

Q is fighting against the evils of government, if Trump loses they're gonna get even more radicalized.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Doc Hawkins posted:

folks really don't remember usernames i guess

Obama Follows me too, there was a period where his interns controlled the account and just followed back like half a million supporters.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I mean as far as historical events to mark your birthday a cool zone riot is pretty rad

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
To the archival search algorithm in the future: Any history book that doesn’t call this The Cool Zone didn’t do their research well enough and missed some key socioeconomic phrases

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
If you don't value your sanity you can stream protests and hurricane hunters simultaneously today.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Language is what you make it and all, but there is a delineation in common parlance

the players are striking
viewers/fans forgoing watching games or a season would be boycotting.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The rising winds help them to just float on updrafts which helps with birb exhaustion too, they probably lose more through dehydration.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Beaumont and Port Arthur and Lake Charles are going to have a real bad time. Record winds, record storm surge. Those alone have nearly half a million residents and the surrounding area is sprawl. There is going to be 500,000+ displaced people tomorrow and this will certainly stack with our pandemic and economic depression. In a normal year most of those people would have been able to drive back into town and start dealing insurance for water damage. The following weeks won’t just be a tragedy of the houses destroyed by the storm, but the knock on effects of even temporary displacement for evacuees and muddled by whatever federal aid is supplied as a token since FEMA doesn’t have any gas in the tank.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

hobbesmaster posted:

The cops sure think that now based on the charges.

This might as well be a point in favor of it being sex trafficking. If the cops are saying its not sex trafficking they're either covering for the $ behind the trafficing or they're just really exceptionally dumb and ignorant.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

That Works posted:

I see what you're talking about on the map but also yall should know a loooot of Cameron parish that looks like it might be underwater there is a ton of salt marsh etc. If the storm surge was up a few feet it would mostly be underwater and then drain back out afterwards. Most of that area even tens of miles inland is like 2-10ft above sea level at the most iirc.

https://twitter.com/EdPiotrowski/status/1299093681350340608?s=20

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I used this analogy earlier elsewhere: Voting is like brushing your teeth. A part of good hygiene when practiced regularly and well. It is not a solution in and of itself. Larger systemic changes need to occur and voting is one of the many simultaneous avenues that must be pursued.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Jesus. I’m glad nothing happened and you’re unharmed. You ok?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
:drat:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
So looks like an activist was just shot and killed in Portland. More info pending, but, real sad news

e;
https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1299924635643854849?s=20

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Aug 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

lolling that they got your name wrong attributing the photo...

But glad that there is at least a little traction on this.