Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That Works posted:

Does Soros even have a Twitter? I just get the checks.

You still get checks? I thought he switched us all over to suitcases of cocaine a couple of years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It'd be painful to hear all the loving pundits being armchair OSHA planners, though. :smith:

Plus all the FDR New Deal poo poo that they’d inevitably haul up. Still worth it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Porfiriato posted:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/08/01/wilford-brimley-dead-dies-actor-quaker-oats-diabetes/

Wilford Brimley died. The article says that he'd been very ill and on dialysis, so the cause of death might have been, well, you know.

An extraterrestrial shapeshifter?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:yokotaro:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BigDave posted:

Oh I know what that is, my grandparents get them all the time. Basically as you get older your skin gets thinner and you lose dexterity, so you constantly bump into things and you bruise like a week old grapefruit.

Either that or it's from a PICC line insertion.

My dad is about the same age as the president and he gets those all the time. It’s likely just a being old thing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Per a Lebanese General inspect the site, the warehouse was used to store seized high explosive contraband and a lot of it had been there for years.

https://twitter.com/LBCI_NEWS/status/1290691079159848961?s=20

Yeah that’ll do it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A Bad Poster posted:

I want to know what the NYPD counterterrorism unit would have done to stop 9/11 from happening if they had existed before 9/11. I'm guessing jack and/or poo poo.

I really have to wonder what these cheese dicks think they are doing that the military, law enforcement, and intelligence communities don’t already do more and better.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'm going to wait before I buy in on that because anyone with firsthand knowledge of what was going on is dead.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SeaborneClink posted:

certainly one way to upgrade to a deepwater port

gently caress

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

That YouTube guy had a high power rifle and scope sitting on the back of his patio, looking like he was peeping neighbours with a hunting rifle and they also removed like 5 other guns from the house so maybe he was gonna go postal?

Five gets you ten he was playing with it in the back yard, thought it would be fun spy on his neighbors with the optic, didn't take it off the gun first, and got noticed. It seems like the sort of dumb poo poo the Paul brand is known for.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That Works posted:

I didn't expect the Jim Jones exit for this regime but it fits

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Oof lotta transformers blowing up in that live shot

Yeah it’s wild.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Watch Trump put a Secret Service hit out on a reporter.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:smith:

If you ever visit Puerto Rico take an afternoon to check it out, it’s really incredible.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

You have to participate in a broken system because we can't fix it now. Why can't we fix it? Because everyone is participating in it, of course.

makes u think

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

I'd join the fight, but I just said "oh my goodness" out loud.

https://twitter.com/SpyTalker/status/1293728910077820929

:munch:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ho, ho! from all your furthest bounds, pour ye now in, ye bold billows of my whole foregone life, and top this one piled comber of my death! Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering post; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I tweet at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last update at thee.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jeffrey updated the css and that’s having effects on the apps. Some elements got moved and that’s breaking the page parsing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bengy81 posted:

Yeah, they had some really good luck selling more aggressive versions of the sportster, so they took that lesson and made the street rod? Which is even more lame and boring than most Japanese sub-litre cruisers, and they doubled down on the 60k parade bikes...
I've never been the target demographic for a cruiser, but hell, if.i can get a semi cheap shovelhead in a COVID death estate sale, I won't be upset.

H-D is deliberately running themselves into the ground. Their CEO a couple of years ago (now forced out) noticed they were running out of people to sell bikes to and proposed a strategy to make different types of bikes in an attempt to appeal to new groups and markets outside the US. In February, some mutual fund nerds that own 2% of H-D agitated to get some new directors and they forced the CEO out and returned their strategy to focus on their core riders. Stock price naturally went up by 20% after that.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

That’s like an article I saw about how some German nursing homes with residents who lived in the East have set up “stores” where they can pretend to shop, and found it is effective in helping with long term memories and relaxing people. https://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2018/01/22/578664161/nursing-home-recreates-communist-east-germany-for-dementia-patients

There’s a nursing home in the Netherlands with a similar idea: https://www.businessinsider.com/inside-hogewey-dementia-village-2017-7

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

What kind of hosed up, abusive relationship does right wing everything have with social media? Every single major company is breaking their (rules) back tying themselves in knots to give Republicans every possible advantage on their platforms and no matter how far social media stacks the deck in their favor it's always "liberal social media is the enemy, they need to be destroyed!"

I’ve been hearing complaining about the “liberal media” my whole life. Usually carried on that very same “liberal media” strangely enough.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

That feels like victim blaming

I don’t think they can sue the Postmaster General or administration directly so getting an order against USPS is probably the most straightforward way to get it addressed, though they probably can’t get more funding to help.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Leavemywife posted:

I'm looking forward to when my now 4 year old is in history class in high school, studying 2020, coming home to ask me, "Dad, what the gently caress happened that year?"

10 years from now? History classes will probably stop right around the first gulf war.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah that - I couldn't find the article about it, but it was posted the day after the pick. It sounded like something that was absolutely freaking out campaign lawyers because birthright citizenship is actually court-untested and there's no Supreme Court precedent about it.

I don't think that alone torpedoed Duckworth, but it's a reasonable concern given the state of the judiciary.

I’d like to think that’s a slam dunk given everybody before Van Buren but who knows in 2020.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

loving gross. I’m still waiting for him to put his name on the outside of the building.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Holy gently caress, there are waterscooping planes? I thought they had to do round-trips!

Many of them are scoops so they can stay out and pull from lakes near the fire rather than go out and back and deal with the pageantry at an airport every time. The big adapted airliners aren’t scoops though.

https://youtu.be/ZVraTrdHkls

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shaddak posted:

Jesus Christ, I heard about adrenachrome from Fear & Loathing on Las Vegas. I didn't realize people still talked about that bullshit legend.

Mama don't take my adrenochrome away

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Conways are both leaving their jobs citing family concerns: https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/23/politics/kellyanne-conway-george-conway-white-house-lincoln-project/index.html

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Soxorz posted:

I noticed the tweets too, been spending the past 5 minutes trying to figure out if something broke on my end.

If twitter is messed up it's usually their end.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The biggest danger here is a Wisconsin jury taking pity on a "scared" kid and "not wanting to ruin his life."

Here's the other thing to consider. He fled across state lines after committing a crime. That makes it a federal case.

"I'mma pardon him. Boys will be boys, y'know? I said that first." :smugdon:

I predict it doesn’t go to trial for at least a year and he walks on state charges. Feds decline to prosecute.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The president did say sunshine was a good way to combat COVID, Putin and Jinping would be doing the world a favor.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dammit.

Going to watch 21 Bridges tonight.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Please watch something better to honor his memory

Only thing I have that he’s in.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Was just at a protest and had a pro-Trump counter protestor show up, start a fight, and then put a gun in my face with his finger on the trigger. Thankfully a cop showed up and he was disarmed before shooting anyone.

Dang dude glad you’re okay.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I guess this was always inevitable and it was just a matter of when and where exactly.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm trying to figure it out.

Please don’t feel like you have to discuss pending litigation here in case his attorney goes after your post history or something.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

Not that I assume anyone in here is a lawyer, but how would you subpoena someones posting history?

During discovery do you go up to the opposing lawyer and say "I want all social media and forums accounts linked to your client, and also a print out of all his posts dating between x and y".

To verify it do you hire detectives to go on various sites [reddit/somethingawful/4chan] to look for evidence that posterx==guyx?

Nice is an attorney so he has a better handle on that than I do. However, I'm aware of multiple legal happenings that have pulled in SA post histories (custody and stalker stuff), and we have no idea if the aggressor or one of his friends is reading this thread.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

What inspired that anyway? It's usually (overwhelmingly?) something I associate with oppressive shitholes. Do any semifunctional nations do them? Bastille day parade, maybe?

He saw the Bastille Day parade in 2017 and thought it looked fun so he wanted to do one in his oppressive shithole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://youtu.be/1RVRCd6J2NA