Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Apparently one of Biden's top VP options is either a cultist or at least willing to pile praise upon the cult:
https://twitter.com/AlxThomp/status/1289325268918661122?s=19

Now I've never actually heard of this person, much less associated with the VP pick, but she was apparently spotted with the campaign so could be a final contender. Whether scientologists were a part of her constituency or not, they're a dangerous loving cult and this should be immediately disqualifying.

Use The Google, Luke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

LBJ wouldn't be slapping anyone. From Caro's book, Means of Ascent:

It took me a second to get to Robert Caro from Kevin Dawes.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

Yeah, depending on which side of the geopolitical spectrum you're on this is either Mossad or Iran. As is usually the case with stuff like this, I'm just chalking it up to accidents caused by sheer human stupidity and greed.

Why would Iran target Najaf?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Isn't ammonium nitrate the active ingredient in tannerite?

Yes, it's part of the the oxidizer.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Suicide Watch posted:

What would the DNA prove? That Trump was in close proximity with her while she was on his show? Unless it’s clear evidence of rape I fail to see how anything major could come from this

It can arguably corroborate her story that Trump was near her and arguably show that Trump was lying when he said he'd never met her. That's about it.

This article says that

quote:

Roberta Kaplan, a lawyer from Carroll with the firm Kaplan Hecker & Fink, had a lab test her client’s black Donna Karan jacket dress, as well as patent leather heels from Barney’s New York. Those results show that four or more people, at least one of whom was male, contributed to the DNA found on the sleeves.
so at best Trump was one of at least four people close enough to the sleeves of the dress to leave DNA on them.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Stravag posted:

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/1291542030842245125?s=19

I need me a job where i get paid 30k a month to provide no services with no written contract...

It looks like the administration of the NRA holds its contributors in equal or greater contempt than the anti-gun nuts do.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Oleandrin:Oleander:: Digitalis:Foxglove and have the same effects.

Oleandrin may have some anti-cancer properties too.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Crazy Mike posted:

After the Trump acquittal I was wondering if any of you history buffs could tell me... Did President Nixon give up too early? If he was impeached would Senate republicans protect him with the same blindness that Trump was protected?
It was the Senate Republicans who went and told Nixon he was hosed.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Irish weren't nearly as well or ubiquitously armed as the US is. Sure, they had ~specialty~ items like plastique and RPGs, but nowhere near the guns and numbers. Pretty sure you could ratchet your numbers up by at least an order of magnitude.

And cordless drill technology is much improved.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

BigDave posted:

What's this from?

A TV show called Fringe that you should watch.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Sacrist65 posted:

Is it possible for Bannon to be pardoned before a conviction?

Yes. However, accepting the pardon means you can't claim the 5th when questioned about those matters.

(The bit about the 5th is the grain of truth behind the urban legend that accepting a pardon means accepting/admitting/acknowledging guilt)

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Watch them try him as a minor.

He'll be out by 21.
Most juvenile stuff doesn't work that way anymore, if it ever did. In that respect, it's like welfare queens and the insanity defense.
In WI, first and second degree intentional homicide and first degree reckless homicide go straight to adult court.

However,

maffew buildings posted:

at this point i think it's non zero they just don't bother arresting him

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

What a shithole country.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Here's the other thing to consider. He fled across state lines after committing a crime. That makes it a federal case.

"I'mma pardon him. Boys will be boys, y'know? I said that first." :smugdon:
That makes a potential federal charge of interstate flight. It doesn't mean the state can't prosecute him for murder. Of doesn't mean both the fed and state can't charge him with murder.Unless the proof required to find him guilty for both state and federal crimes are identical, all convictions stand. E.g. evidence to prove Wisconsin murder 1 and federal murder to interfere with exercise of rights are different, so both convictions would stand. (But the feds aren't going to take this case)

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The biggest danger here is a Wisconsin jury taking pity on a "scared" kid and "not wanting to ruin his life."
This is what will happen.
Caveat: I've had a pessimistic week.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

GoGoGadget posted:

Doesn't charging the kid with 1st degree murder mean they have to show it was pre-meditated?
No. Wisconsin only requires an intent to kill, not intent to kill + premeditation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Internet Wizard posted:

This is more niche but he’s also been constantly insulting the intel community since before he was elected, and a lot of that community is active and veteran military.

I read that as incel community.