Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

In fairness, neither am I, I just happen to have done enough research out of curiosity to be on the "give this guy a real thorough check at every airport ever" list.

(seriously before the pandemic I used to fly roundtrips every couple months and I've never not had my laptop swabbed for explosives alongside a full patdown. that's not how reading about ANFO on the internet works, TSA)

Syrian Lannister posted:

This was floating around instagram yesterday

There's no way that's even remotely accurate. Quick comparison on Nukemap (which, while not 100% accurate, is good enough for estimating how big a boom is at surface level based on known factors) puts that in Minuteman III territory.

At the same time, the things we *do* know about it -- 140 m crater diameter -- points to more like 5 kilotons of TNT equivalent :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

:stare: Either this explosion managed to generate 500 kt worth of overpressure (which I'm pretty sure physics would disagree with) or something went very wrong seismically.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

PookBear posted:

You're in Nevada trying to get to California. One bus is heading to Colorado, the other New York. Which bus do you get on.

Airfare to California from Colorado is going to be less expensive and a shorter flight time than from New York.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Bored As gently caress posted:

These people were, and are, negligently allowing Americans to die day after day. We're nearing 170k dead. These incompetent stupid assholes didn't do anything right - anything they got slightly right, they did too late, or didn't go far enough with it. Their incompetence has led directly to the deaths of nearly 170k people. Criminal negligence, and outright refusal to implement plans that would "only help blue states" is basically one step removed from murder.

I think it's safe to say that wishing death upon all of them is A-okay. They all deserve to rot in hell for what they've allowed, and continue to allow.

I've lost two friends to coronavirus. Several other friends are still on the mend and may have permanent complications from it. One thinks he has PTSD from the whole thing, being in a hospital for 20 days.

gently caress them all.

Considering it turns out that Lowtax lied about the Secret Service visiting him it amazes me that we still have to be all :decorum: on SA about stuff like this

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

orange juche posted:

Why doesn't the US move to metric and SI units for fucks sake.

Anyone around 25 or older in Canada is used to a mix of both and as your northern neighbour constantly living in terror of being annexed it's pretty handy. We tend to use feet and inches and pounds for measuring height and weight of people, and teaspoons/tablespoons/cups for cooking measurements. Most printed measurements end up being displayed in both metric and customary units but everyone knows metric and most people know the important conversions.

About half of the Vancouver region uses a number-based naming system for streets running along cardinal directions where every 8 streets is one mile, and so if you're going from, say, 200th and 96th to 176th and 56th, you know you've gone about 8 miles. I think Seattle uses a similar system but it's every 16 streets is a mile.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

ded posted:

pook isn't wrong

Now for a feelgood :
https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1296501045498183683?s=20

This is the yacht that bannon was arrested on

Imagine being in the US Postal Investigation Service and coming into work in the morning and being told you're going to go board a megayacht out at sea to arrest Steve loving Bannon.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the mass proliferation of this Qanon poo poo makes me miss the simpler days of Alex Jones.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

orange juche posted:

Apparently QAnon morons are enrolling the Human Trafficking Hotline and the National Human Trafficking Hotline in Wayfair robocalls and other BS in order to prevent people from accessing it, because they think that those phone numbers are fronts for the baby-eating satanic cult.

And there'll be no consequences for what is likely an illegal act because the president believes them.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

From what I've heard kpop has a long history of being a genre that's extremely abusive to its stars and since twitter is extremely abusive to its users they're a match made in heaven.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hell, make a post about it. Make some noise. Maybe they'll fight among one another. I have a strong suspicion we'll see the same sort of infighting other religions have. There'll be fundamentalist Qs, reform Qs. They'll probably accuse you of insufficient faith. Who cares, go nuts.

That bit by Emo Philips about fundamentalist schisms just sprung into my head.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

Two more days, tonight is Pence's night and he was set to criticize sports players for taking knees. :laugh:

https://twitter.com/THETonyMorrison/status/1298729245309652993?s=19

Baseball and football are not prepared for the unholy shitstorm that's going to come down.

Woohoo! Strike strike strike strike

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Already deleted/disappeared.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

~40% of the country are just full blown bloodthirsty psychopaths, and we have to figure out how to deal with that.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Civil war, starring the civilians this time

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Dickwaving. They wanted to scare the durn commie red LIEberals into submission.

Turns out that the side that actually has empathy for their fellow humans has had enough.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Stay safe, man. Keep you and yours close and do whatever you need to.

We're here for you. Everyone on these forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I'm at the point where I'm fully expecting a totally completely legitimate and definitely not defrauded landslide election of 95% of "votes" going to Trump and nobody will bother to contest it.