Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Lemniscate Blue posted:

poo poo, it's still March.

300 days has November April June and September. I think that's how that rhyme about the length of months goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

PookBear posted:

my joke about green berets embedding in taliban units to fight isis is gonna come true

Maybe we should just arm them to keep up the 30 year cycle of arming - leaving - invading cuz they have arms?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

shame on an IGA posted:

Current Event: Facebook has removed the dog buttholes post background after merely one glorious week and I've never hated the zuck more

I have no idea what this is referencing even after googling Facebook dog butthole in various ways.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

AlexanderCA posted:

This is a common attitude, but in reality most motorcycle fatalities are single vehicle accidents. A combination of going too fast into corners and target fixation are what we should be most concerned about.

Stats are 2013 but it's definitely cars.

When a bike does strike a non car object then it is more likely fatal than a car striking an object.

Page 3
https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812148

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

A lot of researchers are both concerned and not concerned about this sort of thing. People are extremely NOT PUTTING THAT poo poo IN ME when the vaccine is completely hypothetical, but then OK I GUESS once the actual vaccine becomes real. It's really not helping that they gave the program a name like "Operation Warp Speed" and feeding the idea that they're blowing past safety guidelines, but once a vaccine becomes a serious thing, at least some people will likely change their minds.

With the state of oversight in our government even I'm honestly concerned about warp speeding development.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Fallom posted:

The Oxford vaccine isn’t American

The Moderna vaccine seems like the riskiest one but those two are both in Phase 3 trials. My own local hospital recruited 1,000 patients for one a couple months ago.

Like I understand the concerns but I also think no vaccine in history has had the benefit of 80 years of testing and these Western candidates aren’t skipping any milestones. The biggest risk is probably with the manufacturing.

That's the concern really. Vaccine formula gets shipped to US manufacturers who are pressured to get it out, promised lax oversight and protection from repercussions to do it.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1295828996718985217?s=19

19% positivity rate. Meanwhile, Alabama announced that they're going to have 20k fans in their 100k stadium for the football season. Insane.

I do so enjoy how they blame off campus parties (drat irresponsible kids!) Instead of themselves for gathering all these kids in one place under the threat of forfeiting their money when *everyone* said this was exactly what would happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Wasabi the J posted:

Straterra is great for my weird mix of ADHD and anxiety, and Wellbutrin keeps the abyss from opening up too far, and they haven't affected my brain think meat too bad.

I have the same weird mix. Strattera was absolutely great but then it literally turned my dick off. Like I still had the drive but it just stopped working. If it managed to work it felt like I got kicked in the balls at the finish.

Wellbutrin feels good for about a week then it turns the anxiety to 11.

I've been on good ol Adderall for a few years. It's not perfect but it works most of the time. I wish your combo worked for me because it really did feel great.