Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lyndon Johnson would dick slap him for saying his name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Maybe if it was in the middle of a desert testing site. My guess is the ground the warehouse was on was loosely-packed and sandy/rocky, plus the crater's only going to get bigger now that it's exposed to the tides.

I'm in Crete right now and there's like a 3 inch difference in the tides here. This poo poo is nuts compared to the Pacific or Atlantic.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Wasabi the J posted:

Shkreli was a canary in the mine to see how the rabble would react to a cartoonishly evil venture capitalist.

lol offer a huge bounty on it's makeup and then ship it off to a country to produce. let it go to international court

or a real president could just seize the company and let the courts deal with price gouging on a pandemic.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Platystemon posted:

Use the Defence Production act to compel Moderna to produce three hundred and thirty million, seventy‐six thousand, three‐hundred and forty‐nine doses of the vaccine, plus some margin for shrinkage.

would require a human being with balls.

however i'm already assuming Moderna has already offered kickbacks to the Trump family to prevent that.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

bengy81 posted:

RE: COVID
Thought I read somewhere that the U.S. is only ordering like 100 million vaccines whenever they are ready to go? Does that sound right? Cuz between not having enough for more than 1/3 of the population, and gouging us for it, COVID is gonna be the reality we live with going forward.

if poor people want the vaccine so much they'll bootstrap themselves up to afford it. who are we to deny them satisfaction of affording to protect themselves from a global pandemic?
'Merica!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

If Biden could dethrone God he would certainly get my vote.

God can be a total dick.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Seems like he’s good at making money then giving it away.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lol trump working himself out of being a “billionaire”.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The kids are all right.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stravag posted:

The only reason i would want to go to the eagles nest is because my Opa was sent there to translate documents they found there. Pretty sure that place and those documents was what turned his hair white before the end of the war according to my Oma

Edit: it definately wouldn't be a bucket list destination though

I'd go if only to steal some silverware and take a poo poo on the doorsteps.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

AFStealth posted:

Literally at the deid right now and nobody can drink because they took away booze for covid. Corona numbers are down now but sexual assaults are down also so the WG/CC won't bring drinking back. Other than that, I can't complain I guess. Other than the pointlessness of the Centcom mission currently.

Holy poo poo beer on the pier is like the only thing we got going for us right now with all other liberty secured.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Perhaps the current admin should cool their tits until after the election instead of trying to run everything into the ground.

lol I can’t even anymore

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Where are all these murdered and aborted babies coming from? Are they collecting jizz and just stretching the truth?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Does he even have lawyers to vet this poo poo or is all just for optics?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Shooting at fleeing people huh.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

It’s almost like trump could look like a hero here by showing strong leadership and swooping in after the disaster doing something, anything besides throwing a roll of paper towels and jetting the gently caress out.

Too much work imo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Who’s gonna win? One spicy black boi no apparent weapon but with a knife stashed in his car or 7 police with guns already pulled out and aimed?

gently caress if I know but I’m going home tonight.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Am I missing something or is this a really lovely post

Yeah I’m sorry but the motto of “make it home alive” is practically a mantra. This justifies maximizing the use of force and then saying you feared for your life for anything including a dude walking away from you with empty hands. Those cowards if they were truly so concerned should have gone hands on. No excuse. Zero. Except that he was a scary big black dude not listening to directions. Instant death sentence.

Apparently tazed (I haven’t seen any video of this) and missed? Don’t see any wires and darts.

Police Academy was a mistake and I should have gone straight into the military. We have infinitely more accountability than your average police.
I’m not 100% ACAB. More like 95% but those 5% I’m very disappointed they don’t do more to bring change about and I won’t defend them. They on their own to prove they are needed and not a drain on society.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’ve been on about 30 ride alongs and quite frankly a majority of them would be so boring they’d be shown at 2am on the weather channel.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Badge bunnies are a thing and those guys needing to resort to forcing prostitutes are the scum of the earth.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

gently caress around and found out.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Doc Hawkins posted:

Not being shot first means concealed is safer, if you can do it legally.

Incidentally, almost anyone in this thread would be very welcome in the SRA.

Not a huge fan of the USSR imagery used in it. Seems like trading one terrible thing for something equally bad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Wait for Orktober.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Laziest approach possible..... check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

joat mon posted:

I read that as incel community.

Welllllllll

So anyways the officers I’ve served with usually shuffle and kick the floor when anything in the news about Trump came up. Expect for ex-fighter pilot/intel officer who’s now a banker for Meriyll Lynch. loving loved him. Wouldn’t stop saying how awesome he was for the stock market because of volatility. Was making a killing apparently.

Jerk.