Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
He's graduated to Project Mayhem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Re: COVID

I was supposed to take my wife and kid to go drive down to visit my dad in Georgia on Wednesday, possibly the only time we'd get to see him this year. Started getting a bit of a cold or something last week that had some covid symptoms but not a fever and I'm still mostly doing well. Still didn't feel comfortable going to see him or just traveling without getting tested to know I'm hopefully safe. Turns out it's almost impossible to get a test with results in less than 6 days right now in the Chicagoland area. I found a place with quick results where you have to wait in line like it's black friday for whatever amount of tests they get that day, so I should find out tomorrow, but this is stupid.

I feel very fortunate that this is just for a visit and I'm not caring for him or my job's not on the line or anything serious. But after trying to get tested this is just another realization on the pile of "no wonder our poo poo hole country sucks"

Basically

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

bengy81 posted:

So I've been seeing a lot more motorcycles on the road this week, and this morning I decided to check, and guess what!!!

The Sturgis motorcycle rally starts today!
That means a half million chuds are going to descend, mask-less, on west SD to party over the next 10 days. Between that and schools opening back up, I can't wait to see what COVID numbers look like at the end of the month.

One positive thing is All Gas No Breaks said he was going to cover it.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

my great grandma who fled poland always said the russians were worse than the nazis

i never really knew what to make of that

My grandma(babcia) was deported to a Siberian work camp by the Russians because her dad was a land owner and former military officer. She's always said Russians were behind anything that went wrong in the US. Then her rear end in a top hat friend tricked her into going with to early vote for Trump before we usually help her vote. I've hid a lot of the news from her since then since it's not her fault she'd been had.

She thankfully only experienced the Russians so she thinks they're the worst people that ever lived.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

PookBear posted:

i mean what type of land owner because that can mean anything from small plot to plantation worked by serfs

From my understanding it was around 10 acres that he farmed himself along with occasional paid help from town. But I'm going off my interpretation of someone's memories from when they were 8 years old.

Still fairly certain it wasn't like that one "the mean old soviets too my grandma's horses and castle" tweet.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

People need to know when they've been fooled. Not saying you should kick in her door and be all "you voted for a fascist, grandma" but politely informing her of all the horrible poo poo this administration has done would go a long way in preventing her from voting for the orange idiot again.

It's not a pretty picture to paint, but cognitively functioning and voting seniors need to be just as informed of this poo poo as every other voting body in this country. Spare the children the horror stories, but not the olds, they need to know what they voted for.

I mean she was barely passing during the 16 election, that woman completed changed her mind on who she was voting for in 2 minutes probably. Since then she's had a heart procedure that's ruined what's left of her memory, telling her would be cruel. She won't be voting again.

Agree that it's debatable at that point how you should be able to vote but gently caress she's still technically able to drive. Land of the free really has some issues.

I haven't seen the "friend" since but have a conversation waiting for her if I ever do.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I do remember a conversation from when the Parkland kids were talking about lowering the voting age. My step dad had apparently been watching fox news and thought it was completely unreasonable. He got real mad when I said they'd make more rational choices than grandma.

Also thankfully(?) we're in Illinois so her vote matters less.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
You just beat be to linking that. loving kids were in the car and he'd broke up the fight cops were called about. Protests in Kenosha look pretty heated

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
His hands just kind of casually going from in the air to near his gun while walking to the cops after what they did to Blake just makes my brain hurt.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Bored As gently caress posted:

Not to be a dick, but doesn't the timeline video show that he walked by the cops before the shooting? Or did he walk by cops after the shooting as well?

Also, you gotta love the fact that one of the cops on the PA system from the vehicle farther from the crowd is telling the militia rear end in a top hat to leave, and then the other cop on the PA system in the vehicle closest to the crowd completely overrules the other cop's orders and says "we appreciate that you're out here" and gives them loving water. loving ridiculous.

This video:

There's so much misinformation out there about this already, it's hard to know what actually happened and when.

Sorry for posting Mark Dice AND video of murder, but if you start at 1 minute of the top video you won't see anyone dead or dying and see him walking to the cops.

https://twitter.com/TheTenderOne/status/1298553728434425856

Shameful snipe :(

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Meshka posted:

Did he shoot the first person before the video starts? In the video he is running from someone who then throws a flaming object at him, then you hear shots behind the car. If the first shooting started before the video, then it's probably a murder, but if he shot back after being attacked, then you can make a case for self defense.

That first video I linked doesn't contain the first shooting. The youtube video posted that tries to put together the timeline does.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Agreed. Stupid kid ruined his life and ended others. My wife and I are looking at our two year old son saying we'd better not gently caress up that bad.

hobbesmaster posted:

The flaming object video is manipulated, in the raw video it seems like a white plastic bag.

Having only seen the presumably unedited video, I was wondering where "molotov" was coming from. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Syrian Lannister posted:

What also is or isn't being reported, depending on where you get your news from:

Guy who was domed, was throwing molotov's, which is why his red t-shirt is on his head and covering his face.

Guy who took one to the chest hit the kid in the head with a skateboard

Guy hit in the arm is seen holding a pistol.

Not trying to start stuff with you guys, just what I'm getting from co-workers.

In case you'd like a more realistic rundown:

The guy threw a bag of snacks at him, I believe. You can see it sitting on the ground, clearly not burning, on video.

They did jump on him, probably because they thought he was an active shooter. There was a skateboard near him but I'm pretty sure it didn't hit him.

I saw a picture of the arm guy with a pistol but I have no idea if it's real because of the loving internet.

Don't feel like rewatching videos for the parts I don't remember better.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

M_Gargantua posted:

If you don't value your sanity you can stream protests and hurricane hunters simultaneously today.

The RNC is still going, right?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Google Butt posted:

How the gently caress is anyone duped by the doctored videos, you can literally watch the live stream replays of it happening, it was a loving plastic bag. God drat I'm pissed.

They only check one source that has doctored the video to fit the narrative their audience wants to hear, probably.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
We're going to have an epidemic of people choking to death on boots in another day or two from what I've seen in twitter replies.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

ASAPI posted:

I think the cloud cover is screwing with my untrained eyes. Google is NOT helping with any good imagery to help me out either. Lots of shots of buildings leveled, trees down, apparently also a chemical fire last night at a plant.

There appears to be a lot of ocean where there wasn't before.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I read it on a google doc, but this article has pretty much the same text of what the police think happened in the criminal complaint against the kid. Sounds like both guys that died were trying to get the gun away from him.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/0...ed-2-wounded-1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
The amount of people that aren't seeing people with guns showing up to where Rosenbaum lives as the instigation of all this is insane to me. Growing up in the area where it happened probably isn't helping.