Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

facialimpediment posted:

We're not the only country cooking up vaccine candidates, data collection isn't completely up to the vaccine makers, and the vaccine makers could have company-killing PR if they gently caress with the data and kill people.

I'm getting the vaccine as soon as its available likely since I'm still in, but :lol: if you think these companies would die from killing people.

https://www.hhs.gov/opioids/about-the-epidemic/index.html

And the Sackler family may still get to keep the profits even with Purdue Pharma going under.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

The Facey Analysis: It makes a lot of sense. Progressive / cop / female / minority / easily replaced in Senate / ambitious / can do the job on day one / drives liberals nuts (like Biden does!).

Sometimes the obvious pick is the one that people are going to just go with. Like Biden himself. No external complicators, looks like the party is coming together after she went after him in the debate, basically baits President Trump into saying the most racist thing possible, and so forth. She was always going to be the pick barring a very weird skeleton in her closet.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie's got a hilarious nothing and they're going to try to turn a loving cop into AOC :laugh:.

From the way that is written, outside of maybe the first sentence they just had a blank space where the presumptive VP pick would be and filled it in with "Kamala Harris." Biden could have picked Joe Lieberman's slowly wilting body and this campaign response would have been virtually identical.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

The politics on this whole thing are so clean I don't even think Democrats can gently caress it up. The mail suddenly got a fuckload slower on Donnie's watch, Democrats are screaming bloody murder, and Republicans are yelling about post office costs to justify why it can't be fixed.

USPS is, outside of the military, the most popular agency of the US government. If the GOP wasn't so focused on trying to destroy middle-class jobs and unions that employ a diverse workforce they might be able to see that this isn't the best target. But alas....

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

This is more niche but he’s also been constantly insulting the intel community since before he was elected, and a lot of that community is active and veteran military.

Before SOME PEOPLE decided the IC was a big joke I was going to say that this actually has hit a lot of people I work with hard. Its difficult to reconcile your belief in a deep state when you are one of the people who works in the alleged deep state as according to the President. These are people who are notably horrifically conservative typically, but don't understand why they're personally being accused of undermining the President when they've provided good work for people they disagreed with vehemently.