Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

What kind of hosed up, abusive relationship does right wing everything have with social media? Every single major company is breaking their (rules) back tying themselves in knots to give Republicans every possible advantage on their platforms and no matter how far social media stacks the deck in their favor it's always "liberal social media is the enemy, they need to be destroyed!"

The owners of social media are very rich.

Which political group do you think they are happier supporting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

BigDave posted:

Good christ does he actually want to start another riot?

Yes.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Can't tell that's a joke or serious

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Handsome Ralph posted:

That's nice, but I still look forward to him getting his rear end grilled by congress.

It's going to be nothing but sound bytes and gotchas that are 100% meaningless.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

They're stopping the changes because they've already made enough changes they don't need to make any more

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The point is that assumption of guilt does not also mean guilty of wrongdoing.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Hello, and thank you for bringing up terrible infrastructure.

As someone living about 100 miles down stream from the Hanford Nuclear Production Site that is currently full of rusting plutonium in containers that are also rusting, please let me take a moment of your time to share my feelings with you.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ded posted:

Bring up every day how 175k+ US citizens have died and the current administration is doing everything in its power to make that number go up because they value money over people.

Yea, but if they did that then when they push for the same things because they value money over people it might be brought up again later.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Torrannor posted:

I just...

https://twitter.com/existentialfish/status/1296820737521717248

"We stole all your money, but you're too dumb to realize it, even if we say it out loud to your faces"

I have no good way of hearing the audio on this for the next 10 hours. Is that actually a direct quote?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

"Welcome back, this is Steven K. Bannon! We're off the coast of St Tropez in southern France in the med on the million dollar yacht of Brian Kolfage and uh, Brian Kolfage, he took all that money from Build The Wall. No, we're actually in Sundland Park, NM" is the direct quote

Thanks to both of you. I mean, people have been saying poo poo out loud for a while now and no one cares.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

There are already mechanisms for limiting the rights of old people who are unable to deal with the world rationally, usually due to dementia or some other degenerative brain thing. Hard pass on just setting an age limit.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PookBear posted:

lol other feds just let him join??

One does not look at police agencies to find professionalism.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

PookBear posted:

yeah but this wasn't a local PD this was State Department’s Diplomatic Security Service

Did I say "local police"?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Here you go Shima, new idea for protecting your bee friends.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Immanentized posted:

Biden, the GOP, AND the DNC, as well as the moneyed interests of the US, are heavily invested in a relatively healthy workforce that can move about the nation and international sphere relatively easily.

This is 100% fan fiction.

The ONLY number they care about is next quarter. Period.

If they were at all interested in investing in a healthy workforce this would never have happened.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Immanentized posted:

And what do you think is driving the metrics for next quarter? It's not a truly healthy workforce, but one that can be relied on to show up semi-regularly. Remember that when this all went down that there were major industries (excepting meat packing, but they're a special case) that went WFH/ high level employee protections immediately, once the risks were understood to a decent degree. Sure they're not acting altruistically or out of care for the worker as a group, but if you don't have people your earnings are going to suffer. It wasn't a perfect or even adequate amount of protection, but just enough to ensure that business as usual continued.

Make them show up to work even if they're sick.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Immanentized posted:

And they do! I'm not fundamentally disagreeing with you, but at some point doing that yields negative returns.

Okay, but the point we are disagreeing about is that pretending that the monied give a poo poo about worker health. Because the ONLY thing that matters is the next few weeks. No one who is in any real position of power to do anything about it is freaking out. I'm sure some middle management types are.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Bored As gently caress posted:

Not to be a dick, but doesn't the timeline video show that he walked by the cops before the shooting? Or did he walk by cops after the shooting as well?

Both. He was chatting with the cops before the shooting. And then after the shooting he just scoots on by them to leave and they give zero fucks.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dum Cumpster posted:

They only check one source that has doctored the video to fit the narrative their audience wants to hear, probably.

Hell, i've seen a tweet of an undoctored video and the guy said "this guy is throwing an explosive device".

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Godholio posted:

My googlefu is failing me in my old age, I can't find anything except the flaming thing video.

It was a thread on SA from this morning. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Lol, I found it but the tweet has been deleted and retweeted with the edited video.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 27, 2020

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

So wait is the only version that's out in the world now the right wing aftereffects edited cut?

Also feds are already doing the "unmarked van squad arrests" in Kenosha.

I don't think it's the only version, it's just that someone who was trying to bullshit changed from the unedited to the edited.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Did he get arrested at least?

I'm gonna bet, no.

Edit: I'm very pleasantly surprised.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fallom posted:

well it happened two days ago

Look at this guy postin from 31st of August!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

shame on an IGA posted:

The case he's talking about, wasn't that the guy that was dragged out of his sentencing hearing while screaming "I shoulda killed you too bitch"?

Why yes, yes it was.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

Outside of him constantly denouncing the violence since June, he has a speech tomorrow in Southwest PA. Previews are that he's going to throw all of the violence and poo poo right back in Donnie's face.

I *think* the joke is more, since trump is running all those "This is Joe Biden's America" attack adds using video from protests happening while Joe Biden is in fact not president, this poster is poking fun at those idiots.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I'm sure the stupid parade didn't help either.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

What inspired that anyway? It's usually (overwhelmingly?) something I associate with oppressive shitholes. Do any semifunctional nations do them? Bastille day parade, maybe?

Yea, he saw the bastille day parade in france, and immediately came back to the US and started tweeting about how awesome military parades are.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nice thread name change.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I watched some autopsy on the brony movement and apparently shouting "Don't Jump" is a brony meme and 2020 has been so loving wild I'm sitting here wondering if Biden is a secret brony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

People forget that a trump victory isn't a failure for the DNC. Getting their guy into the white house would be their best outcome, but they're fine with trump since he supports capital, and so do they. They just do it differently with different focuses.

So he can do all the dirty things and then they can reap the benefits while complaining about him the whole time.