Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't understand at all how a team that went to the AFFCG needed a total teardown and rebuild. Were there any other post-realignment conference championship teams that fell apart that quickly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you think the fans are sad now, wait till they move to London next year

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MadeByTim/status/1300416506942181376?s=19

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Jesus, what talent is left?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I don't know why you guys are surprised a team that's had like 9 top ten picks in a decade is poorly managed

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't understand at all how a team that went to the AFFCG needed a total teardown and rebuild. Were there any other post-realignment conference championship teams that fell apart that quickly?
If you dont have a QB you cant maintain success. The Jets teams that went to back to back AFCCG traded away Revis and was in a full rebuild 2 years after the loss.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

Just going with a few Super Bowl losing teams off hand, the 2002 Raiders imploded pretty quickly. The Cardinals had one more good year with Warner in 2009, then they had a few bad years due to dire quarterbacking after that and rebuilt a lot of the team by the time they hired Arians in 2013.

Oh, and the Jets went to back to back AFC Championships in 2009 and 2010 and looked to be developing pretty well, but followed that up with a mediocre 2011, and then 2012 included the Buttfumble, Tebow, and the Greg McElroy game...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1300424807440359425

Coughlin really, really, really doing a number on the Jags franchise.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

I don't know why you guys are surprised a team that's had like 9 top ten picks in a decade is poorly managed

I'm just impressed how much of it can be tied directly to the Coughlin hire.

And then the pathetic crocodile tears about how their players don't have trade value (because every gm knows the team has no prayer of keeping them).

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 31, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1300424807440359425

Coughlin really, really, really doing a number on the Jags franchise.

Yeah but they learned not to be late.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

How lovely a player is Fournette? His stats from last year look okay.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
God I hate "culture creators" and consultants.

Nov 6, 2002

Relegate the Jags.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

They're just getting the team ready to move to London.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Yeah but they learned not to be late.

FIVE MINUTES EARLY, GODDAMMIT

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

How lovely a player is Fournette? His stats from last year look okay.

I don't think he was ever worth 4th overall or anything, but I do think he'd be a fine player if he wasn't treated as an old school workhorse back where you just hand him the ball into 8 man fronts every snap. But I'm on record as liking the guy for what he could be and not what he is, I'm sure others will disagree.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

This was such a cool moment and it's a shame that this version of Fournette never lasted.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

How does this happen outside intentional sabotage.

Nov 6, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How does this happen outside intentional sabotage.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

^^^ also that

While not that drastic, team turnover is bad enough that most teams are gonna have a list that's fairly similar.

The Pats for example have like 2 linemen, Edelman and Rex Burkhead left from the 20+ guys on 2017's offense.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Churning through undervalued guys and letting them walk if they hit and get too rich for Bill's blood is an intentional strategy, though. Calling anything the Jag have done over the last decade intentional or strategy seems questionable. It's been, like, spite-based team building.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fsif posted:

This was such a cool moment and it's a shame that this version of Fournette never lasted.

steeler man is very excited to only give up the 1st down, I guess?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

Jesus, what talent is left?

Miles Jack

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

fsif posted:

Mike Mitchell might be my most disliked Steelers of the entire decade. Reminder that before that game, he went to the Jags locker room and talked poo poo

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

gonna lol when Carolina still gets the #1 pick

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
There's a pretty good race for the No1 pick this year

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

D-LINK posted:

Mike Mitchell might be my most disliked Steelers of the entire decade. Reminder that before that game, he went to the Jags locker room and talked poo poo

He also was a massive hypocrite headhunter. gently caress that guy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Cmc going to win to many games getting pointlessly run into the dirt for then to land at 1

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Cmc going to win to many games getting pointlessly run into the dirt for then to land at 1

I see their defense as ugly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wait what?

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1300474620533899264

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The more that changes, the more stays the same.

Guess King is probably gonna be SS

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

he's probably going with the meniscus repair instead of the trim. Trims get you back out there faster but they usually blow up later on. The repair is a more complete recovery but takes longer. This poo poo happens with NBA players all the time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I am now hoping the season is cancelled

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

I am now hoping the season is cancelled

I mean if there was ever a year to have surgery and sit out if Spoeank is right this seems to be it.

I still can't believe we're going to do this poo poo.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

I still can't believe we're going to do this poo poo.
I will never understand how having a season is feasible when there are opposing linemen in each other's faces on every play

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
ah poo poo

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/1300482927613018112

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

football is bad

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I know this is an easy response to a lot of things happening in the world right now, but I feel like this is gonna spiral out of control quickly. I'll be surprised if we make it to Week 4.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I was expecting it to have spiralled already tbh

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Manoueverable posted:

I know this is an easy response to a lot of things happening in the world right now, but I feel like this is gonna spiral out of control quickly. I'll be surprised if we make it to Week 4.

With the way the states is right now it's a joke they are even attempting to have a season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Manoueverable posted:

I felt that way about the NBA and MLB to be fair, and they've gotten along mostly ok. Of course the NBA has the bubble and MLB doesn't have tackling and large piles of men (generally).