Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Vet tackle likely hitting the market.
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1300486847815090178

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

sharknado slashfic posted:

I felt that way about the NBA and MLB to be fair, and they've gotten along mostly ok. Of course the NBA has the bubble and MLB doesn't have tackling and large piles of men (generally).

Yeah, between the lack of new positives during training camp and the MLB weathering their storms, I'm about as optimistic of the state of the season as I have been.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

tarbrush posted:

I was expecting it to have spiralled already tbh

Maybe this is an unpopular take around here but it seems like the NFL has done...a pretty good job so far? Obviously it is all very tenuous but everyone is clearly taking it seriously so far.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm watching the James Robinson kid who might get rotation snaps now that Fournette is out of there and oh noo

dude got tackled by the dick

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Professor Funk posted:

Maybe this is an unpopular take around here but it seems like the NFL has done...a pretty good job so far? Obviously it is all very tenuous but everyone is clearly taking it seriously so far.

It's a lot easier when teams are all together and there's no travel. The season will start fine, but there are gonna be major spikes around week 3

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

a neat cape posted:

It's a lot easier when teams are all together and there's no travel. The season will start fine, but there are gonna be major spikes around week 3

I dunno, it's not like teams are out there flying coach on a crowded regular flights and loving around through the airport concourses or anything like that. Not sure they're sharing hotel floors with regular guests either.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I dunno, it's not like teams are out there flying coach on a crowded regular flights and loving around through the airport concourses or anything like that. Not sure they're sharing hotel floors with regular guests either.

Yeah but if one player catches it after a test or there's a false-negative, especially a lineman, the entire line for both teams is going to have it by the end of the game and there's not really a way to prevent that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Come to Butthead.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Come to Butthead.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/therealonekobe/status/1300151110292975618?s=20

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The NBA and NHL have real bubbles. Any sort of faux bubble double speak the NFL is using is so loving funny.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The only bubble in the NFL is the bubble butt

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Isn't Riff, like, below replacement level?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Isn't Riff, like, below replacement level?

I believe he grades out as as an average LT.

When you add in that he stays healthy and it's a week before the season starts. Begging him to take a paycut seems like a poor plan when there's likely a handful of teams that would love mediocre LT play right now, let alone in two weeks when a few guys blow out their knees.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I tried to edit my post and I'm a dumbass

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Kalli posted:

I believe he grades out as as an average LT.

When you add in that he stays healthy and it's a week before the season starts. Begging him to take a paycut seems like a poor plan when there's likely a handful of teams that would love mediocre LT play right now, let alone in two weeks when a few guys blow out their knees.
It's really puzzling that the Vikings, noted team often held back by offensive line play, would be looking to save money on one of their non-lovely linemen.
He'll be unemployed for, like...four hours.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Strobe posted:

Yeah but if one player catches it after a test or there's a false-negative, especially a lineman, the entire line for both teams is going to have it by the end of the game and there's not really a way to prevent that.

Someone mentioned something many, many pages ago that stuck with me: Sure the first few weeks should be be ok, but what happens when your team is 1-5 and you're flying into NYC, LA or Vegas? Are you going to really care about quarantine when your team sucks and you have a chance to go out and party?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

MakaVillian posted:

Someone mentioned something many, many pages ago that stuck with me: Sure the first few weeks should be be ok, but what happens when your team is 1-5 and you're flying into NYC, LA or Vegas? Are you going to really care about quarantine when your team sucks and you have a chance to go out and party?

Yeah. Also they've been isolating for maybe four weeks now. That's gotta hold up another four months.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Microsoft gave me a refund on Madden 21 hail satan

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I have had subteranian expectations for literally everything 2020 and the NFL's success at mitigating covid has exceded my expectations, unlike everything else. I still expect things to go monstrously tits up at any time, but so far they have been largely ok at this.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

MakaVillian posted:

I'm sure there's going to be someone who fucks up out there, but there are also fines and suspensions attached to stuff like that.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The cap doesn't exist.
https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1300520634703925249

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'm sure there's going to be someone who fucks up out there, but there are also fines and suspensions attached to stuff like that.

Imagine the world where a Bengals or Chargers player intentional exposed themselves right before a meaningless week 17 game against the Chiefs / Ravens this year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

NO

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1300498299200450560?s=19

NO NO NO

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

When asked about the cap, Mickey Loomis was last seen doing this :homebrew:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Maybe the Eagles can recover from the Dillard injury after all

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I would make fun of you here but other AFC West fans are screaming the same thing.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Maybe the Eagles can recover from the Dillard injury after all

There's no way Reiff costs less than giving Peters his extra 3 mil

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1300526521992515584

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He's a fine player but, still, lol Patriots... uh... Apple? That doesn't sound right.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
1yr at 7.5m

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

There's no way Reiff costs less than giving Peters his extra 3 mil

Peters will be a sieve and we'd be better off letting him play guard for cheaper

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Spoeank posted:

I'm watching the James Robinson kid who might get rotation snaps now that Fournette is out of there and oh noo

dude got tackled by the dick

Never forget when Vernon Davis got dick tackled.

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/vernon-davis-got-tackled-by-his-dick/83703493/

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/PFF_NateJahnke/status/1300546319417835520

We'll see what happens when games start, but this seems like a pretty big argument on the players behalf in cutting down in pre-season stuff.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

he's probably going with the meniscus repair instead of the trim. Trims get you back out there faster but they usually blow up later on. The repair is a more complete recovery but takes longer. This poo poo happens with NBA players all the time.

You hit it right on the head

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1300198418107764738?s=19

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Every snap will have the O and D lines at least 2 yards apart. Six feet of separation, problem solved.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

I'd rather seem them do something with their overpaid TE.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Looks like Coach Walrus and Veach got shiny new contracts

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rip

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1300584719013367808?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake