Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1289953847352291328

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Die Eagles Die
On the road to covid 19! (Cough Cough Cough)
Yikes, Eagles Yikes!
Failing the tests 1, 2, 3! (1! 2! 3!)
Negatives low!
Positives high!
And watch our Eagles die!
Die Eagles Die!
On the road to Covid 19!
C-O-V-I-D-S!
Covids!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Imagine Todd Haley in Dallas.

Imagine it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

Imagine Todd Haley in Dallas.

Imagine it.

Him and Jerry enjoy some of the same things

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The 05 Cowboys also went 2-4 down the stretch and missed the playoffs

The coaches clearly didn't do much

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

incredibly awful but it was probably going to happen: all *-reference sites are moving to a subscription for stats searching: https://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2020/05/play-index-tools-are-moving-to-stathead-com/

football still works but basketball is gone. the top 10 results for your search is replaced with an ad to buy their subscription

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

hifi posted:

incredibly awful but it was probably going to happen: all *-reference sites are moving to a subscription for stats searching: https://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2020/05/play-index-tools-are-moving-to-stathead-com/

football still works but basketball is gone. the top 10 results for your search is replaced with an ad to buy their subscription

$100 a year to find out who had the third highest YPT in weeks 8 through 12 is a price well worth paying imo

(It sucks rear end)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Well that's gonna be annoying as gently caress.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

hifi posted:

Hmm well I guess that's the end of me knowing things

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

Hmm well I guess that's the end of me knowing things

Im gonna start making up fake statlines because how are you gonna prove me wrong?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So that's how you all have had better sports opinions than me this whole time

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Gonna be interesting to see where the NFL season is ~4 weeks after the school year starts up in earnest...

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Remember when Josh Allen had 500 passing yards and 7 TDs against the Pats last year? You can't look it up so just take my word for it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Remember when Josh Allen had 500 passing yards and 7 TDs against the Pats last year? You can't look it up so just take my word for it.

Was this the one in the regular season or in the playoffs?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

how long until free-football-reference is up and running?

those websites are just spreadsheets i can't imagine scraping them will be very hard.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Is it because you are adding the stats for both games against them?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

how long until free-football-reference is up and running?

those websites are just spreadsheets i can't imagine scraping them will be very hard.

The spreadsheets are staying, just the ability to run searches on that data is. Which sucks, but not $8 a month sucks.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Thread was locked so

https://twitter.com/soshnick/status/1290278603255554048?s=19

DREAM ON

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
If I skimmed their article correctly, and based on playing a little with the hockey reference site that went to the pay system a few days ago, viewing stats for individual players, teams, specific years, and the all time leaders will still be free and searchable. What it seems you can’t do anymore is poo poo like “Find every game where a QB between ages 31-35 threw between 300 and 350 yards with 3+ passing TD, INT </= 1 and over 25 completions in an outdoor game played on a Monday” without paying. So, finding some stats or making comparisons for free might take a more circuitous route or require going back and forth between tabs, but for general stuff, it should still be okay.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

I can't wait to see the Houston Jabronis vs the New York Candy Asses.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

It’s Shane McMahon buying WCW all over again.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Ballers was actually a documentary.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I understand that "give everything away for free" isn't a good way to stay up and running, and it's probably worth paying for to a specific subset of people. Just a tough pill to swallow when it was free for so long.

wow, this takes me back

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

wandler20 posted:

Ballers was actually a documentary.

Or its viral marketing for a new season of ballers. His character owns a team and built a stadium - only thing left is to own an entire league!

I somehow doubt this league will have lifetime health care for former players though :thunk:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

fartknocker posted:

Him and Jerry enjoy some of the same things

The GOAT football gif

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

The GOAT football gif

Nah it's still "Snap the loving ball Brodie! Do you hear me? Snap the loving ball!"

alternatively, the one where Philip is yelling at Norv to punt the ball and then looks away ultra concerned.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nah it's still "Snap the loving ball Brodie! Do you hear me? Snap the loving ball!"

An all time great. Haley in KC was magical for the gifs. Not so much the team.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Hot Diggity! posted:

The GOAT football gif

Donovan McNabb doing the nWo entrance at Jerry World

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

MorrisBae posted:

Donovan McNabb doing the nWo entrance at Jerry World

Iirc he lost by like 40 after that.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

alternatively, the one where Philip is yelling at Norv to punt the ball and then looks away ultra concerned.

OxySnake posted:

An all time great. Haley in KC was magical for the gifs. Not so much the team.

:hmmyes:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

My favorite classic ones are:

PuntDivot.gif
ShockeyGloatShocked.gif

Dunno where to find them anymore.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Hockles posted:

My favorite classic ones are:

PuntDivot.gif
ShockeyGloatShocked.gif

Dunno where to find them anymore.

Got ya.

Also, here's one of the all timers:

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 3, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I feel like we got good a couple of good Harbaugh gifs from his time in SF.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Wasn't the Shockey gif from the game against the Hawks where the Giants had like 11 false starts and still almost won except for their kicker honking 2 game-winning attempts?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Manoueverable posted:

Wasn't the Shockey gif from the game against the Hawks where the Giants had like 11 false starts and still almost won except for their kicker honking 2 game-winning attempts?

Almost only count in horseshoes and H bombs.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
another one out

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1290325285112631296?s=20

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Manoueverable posted:

I'm like 99% sure it is. The patch on the jersey is from 2005, the same year as that game. Jay Feely missed one at the end of regulation and two more in OT before Seattle finally won it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I feel like we got good a couple of good Harbaugh gifs from his time in SF.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Cool, cool

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1290332732145438725?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916805&pagenumber=5#lastpost