Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
https://twitter.com/billycorben/status/1289961836264095744?s=21

Players better stand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

I’ve told this story before but Jimmy would fly into LA typically Friday evening and be leaving back to Florida by early Sunday afternoon. One morning at like 7:30am at the grocery store that is right next to the Fox Studios lot I was grabbing some stuff before heading in to work and who do I see? Jimmy Johnson in black silk pajamas and his hair looks perfect. It made me laugh.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
A true locker room cancer

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Theres definitely some skill but that Saints game was that perfect combo of skill and luck. And yeah just to see how angry Payton got after the 3rd one would be worth signing him long term.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

seiferguy posted:

I was gonna say, it's uncommon, though not unheard of to hear of players fighting in camp, I don't think I've ever heard of a player posting camp footage to their social media account (that obv wasn't approved by the team) before.

I feel like its pretty common actually.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
“Fullback”

NOOOOOOO

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

hobbesmaster posted:

Yeah and realistically the closest the Vikings have been to a Super Bowl.

I meant more that I think going out with a whimper in 2010 helped a lot.

Well I'd say the 4 super bowl losses were closer. But I get what you're saying.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Skwirl posted:

It's a decent statement, especially since it avoids using language that hides the police's culpability, but doesn't actually call for anything beyond "meaningful dialog."

They're terrified of actually saying black lives matter.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Does anyone remember the video game Quarterback Attack with Mike Ditka? My friend owned a sega saturn and had the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4QEEA1hBS8

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Had no idea about that game but i'm going to now try to find a copy.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Ugggh people still hung up on body cams. At this it’s obvious they are ineffectual in the current system

Unless the bodycam has footage that shows someone from the time of birth til their arrest you're going to get people saying "we need more context"

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Timby posted:

The owner of Johnsonville is a huge chud, though.

God, i have that stupid johnsonville brats commercial burned into my memory. Where hes about to start grilling by the lake and the guy screams "SO-AND-SO IS GRILLING JOHNSONVILLE BRATS!!" and all the boats and people start flying in.

And its the first result on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H_2mzLVa2o

Haha, his name was Charlie Murphy...

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
They do have incentive because sales are flatlining. The real impediment is honestly the yearly cycle. If they just straight up took every other year off they could make a better game. Madden 20 is a full fledge release and 2021 they say its literally going to be a small title update where we refresh the rosters but thats it and charge like 20 bucks or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The NBA and NHL have real bubbles. Any sort of faux bubble double speak the NFL is using is so loving funny.