Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I drank probly about twice as much booze as I should on a Monday night and I'm still silently screaming in existential horror.

It's gonna be a long night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I mean there are already maybe 1 starting calibre offensive linemen for every 4 starting positions. poo poo's dire

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Number helmets are always bad.

*hammers report button*

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I had abs for like 2 weeks in college. I killed myself for them for months, Then one day they were there.

I remember looking at myself in the mirror after waking up one morning and instantly realizing I was the same goofy looking rear end in a top hat, I just had lines on my stomach. 45 minutes later I was eating a big ol' sammich.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
NFL players that Actually have a sense of humor about themselves own so hard.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Oh so exactly like the chargers.

Speaking of:

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1291807067825680386

The Chargers won this trade anyways but yikes

Yeah holy shut dude I am not a doctor but that sounds like football is a really really bad idea.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
As a bengals fan I've seen some pretty awful tackle play. The rankings might change based on my mood but the 3 worst tackles I've ever seen play are Marshall Newhouse, Ced Ogbuehi and Bobby Hart.

Right now I would give Bobby Hart the edge because hes apparently a Corona truther and I'm half expecting him to infect half the roster.

Apparently the patriots are thinking Newhouse will start for them, rip Cam.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't really care what they change the name to but I am hoping that they keep the uniforms exactly the way they are now.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Uhhhhh

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Imagine how mad Baker is right now.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just need to see Burrow ball out for one game then you can cancel the season.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Watching him get flattened by Bosa and lob up some ducks to Derwin and Harris and Hayward week 1 would be cool

I'd be up for a bet. No forum swag cuz I don't wanna give the forums any $ until Lowtax is gone. 5 bucks to a charity of winner's choice? I'd be up for td vs interceptions, week 1, you win on a tie.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It is not the game 1 I'd pick for him, will certainly give you that.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I'm not super confident in the chargers as a whole or anything, but I think the defense is gonna be great.

Joe is gonna get tested pretty well in playing the Chargers and Ravens twice this year. Yknow, if it happens.

The bengals play every blue chip pass rusher this year except for the Bosa that lives.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

Um, the Bengals don't play against the 2019 sack champion this year.

Edit: Speaking of such things:
https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1292875192784609285?s=20

I don't know, when your team's quarterback effectively doubles the number of offensive drives other teams have it seems kind of unfair.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lol 10 years from now.

These people are in their 70-80s (also It wouldn't matter because no matter what they're not going to face any accountability).

I lived in South Korea for 3 years and genuinely one of the things I'm most jealous about regarding their government isn't the much better infrastructure, or public affordable health care, or pension system - it's the fact that the majority of their presidents where arrested after the end of their term.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Herbert looks like the QB from Remember The Titans, and is probably good enough to win the starting job for a period high school football team.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Low key I find it kind of hilarious that Toronto's been talking for ages about stealing the Bills from Buffalo and now the blue jays are playing there.

Lol.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Poor Ross stands out as hard luck on the loving bengals, which is a high bar. Poor guy.

Obviously he should take as much time as he needs and then some. You hope for a good outcome. Poor guy really needed this season to ball out for a second contract. Hopefully he gets a few games to show off. I doubt The Bengals spend the money on him but it'd be nice for him to get paid.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He is diet Lamar.

Seems to have really good instincts as well. Kinda like a Fitzmagic caliber qb is my take.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Let's not go nuts, he's no Andy Dalton.

(I do genuinely forget he's a white dude)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jivesauce posted:

Whoa why on earth would you think that? Dude has thrown 13 passes his entire team in the league (and completed 6 of them)

I guess depends on what you think of diet? I mean he resembles Lamar but is noticably inferior. I've seen him in ~2-3 games and the way they use him reminds me of Jackson.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Barudak posted:

Gregg Williams I think has had a longer career in football since getting banned forever from football.

It is crazy he's still around. People still talk about how Cleveland should have made him HC. Can you imagine?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Funny how you can see a name and know at one point you were livid at that person but can't remember why. I saw Larrew on there and immediately thought "gently caress that guy." Can't remember why.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am not a big Pat fan but I like his Belichic impression.

https://youtu.be/PmJvzK-voy8

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It'll be fun watching in real time to see if Bill thinks he's good enough for the gronk gloves or if he can engage in end stage Moss soul sucking.

Since there's no preseason games would anyone be interested in a roster bubble thread? Usually the fun part of this part of the season is having fun over analyzing the 3rd/4th stringers.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Andy Dalton derailed the most promising season in 40 years of Bengals football by making a tackle.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This stereotype is at least a little bit true though, I Google the folks who opted out and kept getting a bunch of personal injury firms.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bengals had Renell Wren on the cart and Green tweaked a hammy (:lol:)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

Can Gronk throw?

I've been saying for years that Tim Tebow's throwing motion was just a gronk spike aimed downfield.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is just your friendly reminder that Bill loving O'Brian is the most successful Bellichick coaching tree product.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 18, 2020

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Wait, he was suspended for weed, but weed is no longer on the banned substance list so future players won't be suspended for it, but they're still enforcing his suspension?

NFL really is a microcosm of America.

There's a financial incentive because they don't have to pay him while he's suspended. Kind of like how there's an incentive financially to give nonviolent 1st time drug offenders maximum sentences and institutionalize them so that stockholders for private prisons can make a little bit more money at the expense of the overall health of the country.

Yay!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Patrick Mahomes to me seems like some kid who saved a magic frog or something and got a wish from it.

His entire career the past few years, particularly with his weirdly childish voice, seems like wish fufilment to me.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The patriots are gonna go 0 and 3 and be the only team with that record when the season's canceled and secure the number one pick. Lawrence is gonna be the starting quarterback for the Pats next year.

And then around 2031 we're gonna find out that the patriots paid people to cough on players from other teams. Punishment will be a 100k fine and a second.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Audin Tate is catching all the TDs with Ross and Green out. Seems like he'll be a lock for the roster.

Edit: with his body and Burrow's aptitude for the fade route he's gonna be dirty if he can reliably beat press.

He's one of my favorites, dude would be an all pro if he was two steps faster. I was afraid that Higgins was going to eat his lunch because hes got a similar body and more upside. I dunno if Tate is the perfect wr for Burrow, but Burrow is perfect for Tate.
VVV

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 21, 2020

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I still think of Evans sometimes because he had one of the most heads up plays I've ever seen from a rookie.

His quarterback dramatically overthrew him and both the corner and the safety had him beat for the ball. Unless my memory is failing me it was pac man Jones and Reggie Nelson, who both have good hands. Evans realized the ball had sailed, grabbed the back of both defensive backs' jerseys and held them both to avoid them making a play on the football.

Smart.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, doubting srttelers wrs is a fools errand. Good thing their qb is 70.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Our 7th round pick who is 4th or 5th on the depth chart makes that catch every practice. Just saying.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

auden tate has a sub 50% catch rate in two years so I'd check on those dbs lol

Ah yes vs the Legendary Pittsburgh Steelers corners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

Yeah I'm not gonna question the Steelers when it comes to WRs

There are 3 or 4 teams in the NFL where, when they draft a wide receiver, you know they're going to be good and 3 or 4 teams in the NFL where you know they're going to be poo poo.

Even the few wide receivers that had been disappointing for the steelers recently have been disappointing because they're a head case not because of talent.