Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I understand that "give everything away for free" isn't a good way to stay up and running, and it's probably worth paying for to a specific subset of people. Just a tough pill to swallow when it was free for so long.

wow, this takes me back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

oh my god

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

so glad the torch of Large Okay Quarterback Defender has been passed from Baltimore to our friends in Buffalo

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

'87 was before everyone caught Fox News brain worms

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Getting all excited seeing the footage of Brady throwing at Bucs camp.

https://sports.theonion.com/hush-falls-over-patriots-camp-as-tom-bradys-first-10-pa-1819570914

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

people are going to take the wrong message from this

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Peer pressure works

also test Edelman right now

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I guess the Chiefs are gonna be an extremely stars and scrubs team, which is probably fine.

Speaking of, everyone here likes to talk Baltimore's Window since a bunch of contracts coming due in the next year or two. But you really can't get much cheaper then their offense was in 2019 and they were historically good. EDC and Ozzie probably don't get enough credit for an insane 2-3 years of drafting and journeymen signings.

(or alternatively Lamar makes everyone great, which also tracks considering this offense went 4-5 with Joe Flacco in 2018)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I hate training camp

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

that's some backyard poo poo and I love it

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I have no idea what Dez has been up to but the Ravens' WR corps isn't exactly a murderer's row so I support this

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Joe Judge just wants them to play for the name on the front of the jersey.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

Literally the answer to any trivia that compares quarterbacks ever is always Kirk Cousins

Occasionally it's Tannehill

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Didn't the Chiefs just lose a backup CB to an torn ACL? Getting a little thin there.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

ET is still good and I hope he stops being a weird rear end in a top hat and they don’t cut him

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

this loving blows a lot

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

Yeah I think some of what's getting lost in all this is that he's still a great player. I definitely did not want him gone, and I wish this got resolved any other way. I have no ill will towards the dude except that he seems like a really weird and odd guy, but it's not like I can thumb my nose at him for that. The whole thing sucks.

I really hope all other options were exhausted. It's such a big loss.

100% expected it to blow over by Monday.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

See I feel like he's still fairly new. Then I think about how long ago that infamous SB throw was and realize the years are speeding by oh god

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Being Earl Thomas gets you a long leash.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

At first I thought there would be a lot of leaks about ET coming this week, but it seems like due to the offset language in his contract it would be beneficial for Baltimore for him to sign for as much as possible somewhere else.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

He's still good. Some bad optics during the playoffs last year when he talked poo poo and proceeded to get trucked by Henry. Also reports were that he looked better physically this camp than he did last year.

Someone should give ET a $10m contract imo

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

Yeah, but it should be a 2 year $20m with a base vet minimum this year, and if he hits incentives, a giant roster bonus for next year becomes guaranteed, so the Ravens get no offset money.

:mad:

I have somehow never heard of this player.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Joe Judge definitely calls concussions "getting your bell rung"

a neat cape posted:

This is some galaxy brain poo poo

https://twitter.com/DDuggan21/status/1298415737871175685

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 26, 2020

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I love Kevin Clark because he is, like me, a huge Lamar Jackson stan

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Skipping the preseason is the only good thing about COVID

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Preseason is like April baseball - the records don't matter yet, the stats can't be trusted, and it's a great opportunity for guys to get hurt.

e: this is just from a fan's perspective, I understand how important it is to bubble guys and roster evaluations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Dan Snyder sell bitch

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1298970559888359426

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1299009364171218944

This is probably bullshit and the Ravens can't really afford it. But I'm gonna dream anyway

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Keith Atherton posted:

If Brady has another decent year in him their offense looks scary good

But he could be like Peyton Manning 2015

Peyton was much more physically hosed up than Brady is, who's biggest injury is just Being Old

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Man, this is a remarkable statement to come from a major sports franchise. It's so specific. I'd really be interested to know how it came to be. Practice ended around noon, after which there was a meeting to discuss it all and this was published at 6:30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

gonna lol when Carolina still gets the #1 pick