Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think the way college football has shifted to the spread and the way sports science allows for guys to be much bigger and faster than 30 years ago has really kinda hosed with positional slotting as far as what the NFL would prefer.

All of the guys who would be big "Y" tight ends are now just getting 20-30 pounds bigger and playing somewhere on the OL. All of the old I-form fullbacks are somewhere on defense, all of the old split-back guys are never learning how to block as slot TEs, etc. and so on.

IMO like at a certain point teams should just have a guy be like Eric Beverly- an OK center that got converted to TE by the Falcons in the early 2000's. I'm sure you could take a mediocre pulling guard and turn him into a better fullback than most of the guys that are getting fielded out there too.

The Ravens basically did that when they turned Patrick Ricard into a two way DL/FB with the emphasis on fullback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I don't follow College football but I do live in Oregon so I saw most of 3 Ducks games last year. Herbert did not look good.

On the topic of College Football, it shouldn't exist.
https://www.sfgate.com/sports/amp/Drew-Magary-College-football-should-die-forever-15475477.php?__twitter_impression=true

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
LOL

We didn't even have a real training camp this year and folk still hoping on that training camp all-star bandwagon.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Whoa, Claypool has caught a ball in practice?!? My bad dude is legit.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

D-LINK posted:

[in kawalimus voice]: The Ravens don't knjow how to draft and develop wide receivers. I wish we had a game changing wide receiver like the Steelers. I don't expect a fan of the team like the Ravens to see that man's hips are above that defensive back's shoulder pads high pointing the ball, If only the Ravens had a receiver like that.

You presume too much. I'll have you know that we have our own raw athlete out of Notre Dame that's done nothing in the NFL.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Thomas is for sure an rear end in a top hat coworker but he's still very good on a football field so hopefully things workout. That said if it comes down to Clark and team chemistry vs. Thomas, Earl has got to go. Barring injury Clark is going to make the Ravens look brilliant signing him to that cheap contract.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1299009364171218944

This is probably bullshit and the Ravens can't really afford it. But I'm gonna dream anyway

I sort of buy. There's enough money to magic up a 12 mil or more 1 year deal for Clowney. On the field it's a great fit. Calais Campbell, Brandon Williams, and Matt Judon are enough to ensure Clowney one on ones. Plus the offense might be up 2 scores often enough to allow Clowney to pin his ears back and get that quarterback. Get himself 12+ sacks then hit free agency in a non Covid environment.

I'm still not sure how Clowney got to this point when he could've/should've had himself a 20 a year contract 5 months ago.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
There is zero chance of it happening since Lamar is obsessed with football to the exclusion of basically all other thought but it would be so amazing if he sat out the season. League MVP on a contender still on his rookie contract sitting out at real personal cost would be a real escalation.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

I don't know. Demanding the murderers of Taylor and Blake be arrested is good. That said, the Ravens don't apply pressure where they actually have influence, the state of Maryland. They don't even name any local actors. Gov. Hogan has made his bones dog-whistle attacking the city of Baltimore his entire political career. Baltimore city corruption has been siphoning money out of the community into the hands of dirty politicians and their buddies for generation. The Baltimore police department is...holy poo poo where do you even start. I guess I should be happy because it's better than I reasonably expected. Still, there is so much more the team, the players, and Bisciotti could do if they had a mind to.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Passive protests are useless, peaceful protests can accomplish a lot. Boycotts are peaceful, sit ins are peaceful, strikes are peaceful, barricades are peaceful, etc. etc.

E: This is not to say other methods are inappropriate. More drastic measures are sometimes required.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

Baltimore owns, a previous mayor who stole gift cards intended for the poor and was forced to resign 10 years ago came within 2% of winning the democratic mayoral primary THIS YEAR. Although I suspect you already are familiar with this.

Honestly I was shocked she didn't win. This is immediately after the mayor who most recently won election resigned under pressure after defrauding a children's hospital to the tune of five hundred thousand dollars! It is a wild, wild city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Reid's heart valves were held together by grease and the will to live long enough to finally win a Superbowl. Only the grease remains.