Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

how long until free-football-reference is up and running?

those websites are just spreadsheets i can't imagine scraping them will be very hard.

The spreadsheets are staying, just the ability to run searches on that data is. Which sucks, but not $8 a month sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

How is it the NFL's fault the test was a false positive?

And while you have a positive test, yes you should absolutely avoid contacting other people and your kids should 100% have been kicked out of a park, are you insane?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sounds like someone needs to go back to NXT to develop his gimmick.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Imagine how Richie Incognito could torment some tier 3 employees.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is the NFL really still pretending that there is still going to be some crowds at these games? Really?

The more I think about it, the more I bet the luxury boxes will be populated.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So who's making the GDT for the HoF preseason game tonight fellas?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/1291757270301380610

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SmugSilverAntbear-mobile.mp4

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is good and it'll be even funnnier by week 5 when Byron Leftwich is just actively cosplaying as Josh McDaniels and they're just using his old playbook.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Guice is loose.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1291870340638035974

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He can be the Jimmy Graham to Gronk's Gronk

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think that's just a colorful way of saying he looks the most like a prototypical quarterback, a tall guy who can huck the ball a mile and sucks rear end.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

If the Pats get back to the Superbowl and they face the Buccs, who does TFF root for?

For both teams to play hard and for the best team to win.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Damnit

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1293637946608889858

His book introduced me to the Mean Joe Greene screwdriver anecdote :(

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Dude was almost 80 and died because of a motorcycle crash, that's pretty wild.

He put out a great book of anecdotes from himself / players about his career and basically every story is: He loved to get into people's faces and scream at them and loved it when they screamed back, and do alpha poo poo with his boys.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

The Chiefs had like one Andy Reid trip to a BBQ restaurant in cap space and gave Mahomes, Kelce and Herpes Penisman paydays lol

Chris Jones*

Kalli fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 13, 2020

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Celebrating a POS like Snyder for hiring 1 black dude is some lib poo poo.

Bomani is fighting the good fight right now.

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1295356437582041088

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man, Gerald McCoy was such a monster for years and now he's old and busted at 8 years younger then me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fartknocker posted:

How many ACL’s have popped today alone? Like 10?

I think we're still at a normal 1st day of Training camp number.

But yeah, probably gonna be bad this year.

Also, for every QB went 11 for 11 at practice today, what I'm here for is videos like:

https://twitter.com/Brett_Jensen/status/1295380987325579268

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's been unseasonably nice this last week in Boston, currently 72 out.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

What QB is the best at sex? I mean aside from Philip Rivers.

I posit Alex Smith got the dick that won't quit.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

What the hell is it that happens to ex-Belichick assistants.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eifert Posting posted:

This is just your friendly reminder that bill loving O'Brian is the most successful Bellichick coaching tree product.

I feel like Romeo Crennel deserves more credit to getting the Browns to 10 wins for... the only time in their new existence.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If it's Lombardi and it isn't bullshit, then it's probably either the Raiders or Patriots.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'm not sure the Patriots(or for that matter, Dolphins/Giants/Lions) would spend a high pick and salary on an OLB without much coverage experience. Belichick at least really seems to try to buy low on guys he has to teach or project on that kind of stuff.

It would make sense that next year's draft picks are just going to be worthless. But I mean, it's Lombardi, if he has any sources, it's gonna be Pats or Raiders.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm just saying, I don't think it's likely the Pats traded for him, it's just that if Lombardi isn't making GBS threads out of his mouth, he's talking about one of the two teams he worked for. We don't count the browns because nobody who worked there when he did is still there.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

In case we're wondering how real Mike's info is, here's Mike responding to an AdarnSchefter_01 Yanno to the Ravens tweet:

https://twitter.com/mlombardiNFL/status/1296180307473899522

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

You don't think he has any connections with the Patriots staff and coaches that have been scooped up by Detroit or Miami?

I generally think he sucks bad enough that until he demonstrates he has 'em, I'll presume he's got no friends there.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 19, 2020

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Brady's at 16, Tyrod and Bledsoe have 14, Josh Allen's at 8 so gonna need at least 2 years to try to pass Brady.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, they benched Flutie for ROB JOHNSON in his 3rd year there. SMH.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's going to be Cam

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sono posted:

This century. Bledsoe has another 4 from the 90s.

... oh hah, god I forgot to even look at Bledsoe's Patriot wins in Buffalo.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kind of mad that I still have to listen to people pretend Stidham's gonna be anything but another career backup with maybe bad starter upside.

They signed Cam! just give me 24/7 updates about his style and how he's gonna truck linebackers.

If i'm gonna buy into some fantasy, let it at least be a fun one

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Cam is supposedly dealing with a shoulder injury still. Hoyer is looking the best in camp. Lol if Hoyer is the starter when the season starts, what an abject failure by Belichick.

I mean, it's gonna be a cancelled season, so I think he did justtttt fine.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I gotta be honesty, I haven't really put in any thought on the season 'cuz of the plague, and was moderately checked out last year. Ever since 2014 I've been sated, so everything since then is mostly just 'haha, cool'.

I'm probably slightly more invested in the Buccaneers offense being wild this year if anything.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I used to believe this.

It's gonna be buck wild if they try and keep playing after someone brings covid in and puts the entire OL / RB / QB rooms in quarantine for 2 weeks. This ain't baseball where you can dress up 9 janitors in uniforms and play a game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1297549200775958531

lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

Jesus did someone trip over their dick and splatter COVID viruses all over the testing room or something

All things considered, it's probably just a testing lab that said, sure we can handle an extra daily thousand tests and couldn't, so cut corners because who gives a poo poo about doing it right if you can get a signed contract.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

He's still good. Some bad optics during the playoffs last year when he talked poo poo and proceeded to get trucked by Henry. Also reports were that he looked better physically this camp than he did last year.

Someone should give ET a $10m contract imo

Yeah, but it should be a 2 year $20m with a base vet minimum this year, and if he hits incentives, a giant roster bonus for next year becomes guaranteed, so the Ravens get no offset money.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's not like Dan will ever see a single post on twitter, it'll be in the hands of some social media manager.

And it's your job to make that social media manager hate themselves and cry.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Phobeste posted:

The ringer is the worst hour long reaction show to half hour episodes of tv bill simmons jacking off his extended family oooohhhh aren't we good cultural critics [illegal to actually criticize anything] dumb rear end bull poo poo and I'm glad Mays is free of it.

Mays wasn't ever on any of that stuff though as far as I know. He had his NFL podcast which was pretty great and I think had Simmons it like once ever.

I'm glad he's going to get to do more of that, and the Athletic will have a better stable of people to pull from though, so that's cool.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Phobeste posted:

Sure that's fair but I'm still glad he's free. Also the nfl podcast has pretty much just been Kevin Clark for the last like year and boy is he insufferable

Oh yeah absolutely, it totally died when Mays disappeared. I'm just saying, that podcast was good content at the Ringer, and didn't deserve the slander of being associated with Simmons' content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Adun posted:

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1298634883409969154?s=21

Gonna be even more pressure on him to sell the team

Dan Snyder activate your twitter account you coward.