Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

If anyone is ruthless enough to cut a player for sitting out because of a plague decimating the country, it's Belichick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trump will be out of office by then so why would he care

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1293302145865994242

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1293569434804682752

gently caress, that sucks

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If the Pats get back to the Superbowl and they face the Buccs, who does TFF root for?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

For both teams to play hard and for the best team to win.

I don't think there's anything that'll ever tarnish Bill's legacy, so I'd love to see him starch Brady in the Superbowl and forever enshrine him as a system QB (or the Buccs go 1-15, either way)

Also seeing Cam get a ring would be cool

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wandler20 posted:

Come on, I think we've suffered enough. At least let us make the playoffs and MAYBE win one game. It's been 17 years.

Fine, Brady goes down in week 1 and the Buccs go on a tear without him and win it all

Then Brady brags about getting another ring

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Mega64 posted:

The Bucs backup is Blaine Gabbert.

Even better

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

People expect the Pats to suck this year.

Yeah, I was just theorycrafting but the Pats making the SB over the Ravens or Chiefs would require something very weird to happen

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Catfish Noodlin posted:

The cap is real but it's more complicated than just cap space + obligations.

Things are going to get real interesting next year if the cap ends up being $175m though. Like the Eagles, Falcons, and Saints look like they're in for some real pain:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2021/

lol at how bad the Texans are both with the cap and on the field

And they still haven't extended Watson

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

He's a garbage human being. He's done more than enough to disqualify him from any coaching job.

The worst thing he did wasn't in creating and running the bounty program, it was in going states evidence for Goodell against the organization and his players in order to salvage his career after he drew the lifetime ban.

No the worst thing he did was create and run the bounty program are you kidding me

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

It's not like my view is uncommon. Dante puts those who betray others at the bottom circle of Hell.

yes I'm sure that among Saints fans his snitching was a worse sin than telling his guys to intentionally injure other players in a way that resulted in a Superbowl win

also lol at the Dante reference

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Why do I keep hearing a banging trash can?

e: actually no, no clapback, just lol that you're defending intentionally injuring other players

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Never said I was defending it.

Then what are you trying to accomplish?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Do you completely disavow your team’s championship because one of the coaches was a bad egg?

Gregg Williams is a piece of poo poo.

I certainly don't claim Fiers being a snitch is worse than the rest of the scandal

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

nerve posted:

how are you reading that as 'defending' the bounty program? what???

Saying the snitching was worse than the bounties is also wrong tho

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

cutler would ram his loving throwing shoulder into people, he didn't give a gently caress

Hard time believing Cutler makes the effort

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

From a purely 'coaching tree' standpoint Vrabel belongs to O'Brien's tree (or Urban Meyer's possibly). He never coached under Belichick.

We don't consider Herm Edwards a part of Dick Vermeil's coaching tree for instance.

Which means the Bill O'Brien coaching tree is more successful than the Bill Belichick coaching tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Local games? Get an antenna

e: though you'll have the opposite problem with an antenna, you'll be ten or so seconds ahead of everyone else

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 29, 2020