Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

Different folder AFAIK, since if you upload them yourself via the store they get assigned a number for your profile, ending up like 00001.jpg, another folder for 00001.png. Technically the same thing works for mod uploaded avs, but the change title mod action stuff the av you take into another folder based on mod actions and since to get a new av uploaded you need to upload the picture to the servers first via admins and they also don't sort it with numbers but instead like fluffiesbeautifulduckie.jpg it doesn't show up in the list.
The website just parses those numbers and not the folders, as it's blind towards them, so it doesn't work if your current av has another file extension than your last one, your current one was done by a mod, you "interrupt" your chain of store bought avs via mod ones or you swap file extensions a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Jeff's PMF thread about the greatest forums code is an excellent read for this stuff: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916312

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

/* lol line 69 this is some loving funny poo poo */

// XXX this does not work with archived posts yet ... probably we should just
// XXX get rid of this whole stupid thing

// XXX TERRIBLE, SLOW FUNCTION, DON'T USE EVER!!!

Yesterday I added code to a function containing this comment:
code:
/**
  * Recursive forum tree building.  This should not be directly accessed
  * by you ever.  Leave it alone.
  */

echo "<b>MY, MY, WHAT A HUGE IGNORE LIST YOU HAVE!</b>";