Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterflysmasher
Aug 7, 2005

these chihuweenies of mine are/were good. 'Elby' there in the back is still kickin' at 17+ years old now & his sister died in 2018(rip)

my grandma used to have a bision frizzey named 'bo' and the poor thing were always a nervous wreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
We don't deserve dogs.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Our (large) dipshit dog will bark his head off at the front door opening even if he's watching me do it.

On the other hand he is so sweet and protective of smaller animals; he absolutely adores the rats and plays with them through cage bars and snuggles the cats and wrestles the kitten. He also will seek out anybody thats been crying and initiate extreme cuddles. You can even tell him to drop a piece of steak and he wont pick it back up until told to. He's a fantastic dog.

Meanwhile my grandmother's small dogs are loving demons and can go directly to hell. They piss and poo poo everywhere, shreik-bark nonstop, will attack any animal large or small they come across. Oh and they know theyre not supposed to piss/poo poo indoors because they wont do it if they think theyre being watched. One even bit our big boy on the throat and he didnt fight back, we had to pull the little fucker off him.

My entire life experience with dogs has always been big=good, small=bad. The only time I've been attacked by a dog was some little white gently caress that was wandering around off leash and decided to taste my leg.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Their ears break all the time and they get aural hematomas that sometimes need surgery to fix. The tail breaks, too, splashing blood far and wide.

Weird that this is never a problem in countries where docking and cropping is banned. The real reason for tail docking is because Romans thought it prevented rabies, and ear cropping is for aesthetics; they want their Dobermann to look badass. Anything else is just a rationalization for traditional barbarism, make no mistake.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Big Beef City posted:

I'm seeing a lot of words on this page attempting to hand wave away the fact that small white dogs are terrible things that should be put into the trashbin of history like apartheid and MC Hammer pants.

https://i.imgur.com/SktKJSn.gifv

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
would that dog run head first into goatse?

norton I
May 1, 2008

His Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton I

Emperor of these United States

Protector of Mexico
Angry small dogs are just angry because they don't have any rats to kill.

No small dog today lives this well.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Bismuth posted:

Meanwhile my grandmother's small dogs are loving demons and can go directly to hell. They piss and poo poo everywhere, shreik-bark nonstop, will attack any animal large or small they come across. Oh and they know theyre not supposed to piss/poo poo indoors because they wont do it if they think theyre being watched. One even bit our big boy on the throat and he didnt fight back

I’m sure I’m not the first person to suggest that maybe your granny could have trained her dogs to not do those things. Or is this a ‘she gets a pass for this because she’s achieved a certain age’ thing?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Torquemada posted:

I’m sure I’m not the first person to suggest that maybe your granny could have trained her dogs to not do those things. Or is this a ‘she gets a pass for this because she’s achieved a certain age’ thing?

Oh no, she should have, but the damage is done now and the dogs are insufferable to be around

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
actually op all dogs are great. I used to dislike chihuahuas, then I got to know one and I realized i was being a dog bigot. chihuahas actually own. the weirder and littler and buggy eyed the better, bring it on

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I always thought the ear clipping thing was so their ears wouldn’t get torn off when fighting other dogs. Any time I’d see like a pit with no ears I assumed the owner is a scumbag dog fighter.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

norton I posted:

Angry small dogs are just angry because they don't have any rats to kill.

No small dog today lives this well.

look up some ratting videos, working terriers just going hog wild on farm rat infestations

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ralph Hurley posted:

I always thought the ear clipping thing was so their ears wouldn’t get torn off when fighting other dogs. Any time I’d see like a pit with no ears I assumed the owner is a scumbag dog fighter.

man you must have assumed there was one hell of a lot of dog fighting going on

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Is ear clipping really that common? I’ve really only seen it a few times IRL where I was aware of it. The worst one was when I used to live near this guy who got two pit bull puppies and the next time I saw them their ears were freshly bloodied stumps. It looked awful and I overheard him explaining to a concerned old lady “well you see, they don’t actually feel it, it’s good for them! It’s tradition!” Or some bullshit. I guess I assumed he was planning on making them fight.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ralph Hurley posted:

Is ear clipping really that common? I’ve really only seen it a few times IRL where I was aware of it. The worst one was when I used to live near this guy who got two pit bull puppies and the next time I saw them their ears were freshly bloodied stumps. It looked awful and I overheard him explaining to a concerned old lady “well you see, they don’t actually feel it, it’s good for them! It’s tradition!” Or some bullshit. I guess I assumed he was planning on making them fight.

The phrase “It’s tradition” and any bad activity that it defends needs to be shot into the sun

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

wizardofloneliness posted:

One of my old roommates got an Australian Shepherd from a breeder. She was the cutest dog, but they cropped her tail :( Ostensibly, it's so it won't get caught in things or damaged when they're out herding sheep or whatever, but the vast majority of these dogs are going to be full-time housepets. The American Kennel Club is a force for evil though and perpetuates a lot of these bullshit aesthetics. They usually just end up making the dog uglier too.

There seem to be a lot of people around me that just casually breed their dogs. They're not actual breeders, they just do it for fun I guess. I had a coworker who kept trying to pimp out her dog, it was kind of weird. This is out in the country though, so maybe it's normal to them. But I can't think of any possible reason why I would want a dog that hasn't been spayed or neutered living in my house.

Oh yeah absolutely gently caress the AKC. They could fix the pug/bulldog issue if they wanted, but they'd rather keep handing out awards for inbred monstrosities and have been steadily loving up more and more breeds, like for example making German Shepherds that can't stand properly.

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
I've seen ppl walking their bichons frises and they (the dogs) have to go so fast to keep up, the oblivious dogwalkers see nothing wrong with taht i suppose they are hosed up little dogs though but at least they are not the snuggle bear although they remind me of it

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
My dog provides relevant content to this debate.

https://streamable.com/tj0naw

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Bad Titty Puker posted:

I've seen ppl walking their bichons frises and they (the dogs) have to go so fast to keep up, the oblivious dogwalkers see nothing wrong with taht i suppose they are hosed up little dogs though but at least they are not the snuggle bear although they remind me of it

the owner is subconsciously trying to run away from the gross bichons

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Honj Steak posted:

My dog provides relevant content to this debate.

https://streamable.com/tj0naw
in a former life your dog was a guy that would pee in the sink

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ban assault dogs imo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ban assault dogs imo

Dang OBUMMER will have to pull my bump-stocked pit bull outta my cold dead hands :byodood:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Dogs are without sin. If there is a bad dog a person is to blame.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
look at the dog from this doggy screen door page

:syoon:

that is how you move a product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
all dogs are gay