Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

NumbersMatching320 posted:

Another post like this on that van and we can call this a warped vans tour :dadjoke:

It still kinda blows me away those things skipped the gen3 entirely and went right from tbi 350 to the gen4 in 03. In 2002 you could still get a good ole smallblock in a brand new vehicle.

Are you sure about that? I don't think gen4 started until '05, and I'm pretty sure I've seen some gen3 motors in vans in the jy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Elmnt80 posted:

The vans were kind of weird. Like the 2500s got 4.8s but the 1500s stuck with the 5.7. Just weird poo poo like that all over.

sure, but gen3 4.8s, i think. the 5.7 is a gen1

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Elephanthead posted:

The Chevy van was the last straight 6 Chevy in the us. Always steal the 292 power steering bracket if you find one those are gold!

This doesn't feel right. The Atlas 6 was in the TB until 2009; the express van surely had a V6 by then?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

STR posted:

He's referring to the 1960s straight 6 292, which isn't related to the Atlas. I don't think GM had a straight 6 from about the late 80s until the Atlas came out (~2002?). The Atlas is uncommon enough already that most people don't know it was a family of inline 4/5/6 engines.

And yeah, the Express could be had with the ol' 4.3 V6 until the end of the 2001 model year. Not sure why he mentioned the 292 though, that hasn't been used in the Chevy vans since the... late 80s I think? And by then I think the 4.3 was more common by then. In the US anyway... if wikipedia is to be believed, you could still get the 292 in Brazil until the early 00s.

I know what the 292 is, my point was that I don't think that was the last chevy I6.