Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Hey is this the defacto geology thread?

Just wondering as I have a couple questions.

Can a solution cave occur in igneous/metamorphosed igneous rock? Gneiss and Granite specifically.

A place a few hours from here has a solution cave in it that I'd like to check out. There are also supposed to be marble deposits in the area. I *kinda* figure that the cave would be in the area of marble deposits, but I don't know for sure. If they can occur in Igneous rock, then that sucks because my search are just got a whole lot bigger. But if I can stick to areas where there is known to be marble deposits, then that narrows things down considerably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Thanks, I figured that was the case. I had a few leads and looked at some mineral exploration reports that identified some areas with marble deposits, and then when I was fiddling with google earth, trying to find some other info that I've got in there, I clicked on "karst" (which I've never done before) and a marker came up right about where I had it zoomed to. Which is in the vicinity of where I'd "heard" that the caves were. So, I guess thats as good a spot as any to start with.