Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I remember when two towers was coming out and the newspaper ran tips for enduring a three hour movie, like recommending putting your wallet in your front pocket.

I really liked the RTS game that gave you a full campaign as the bad guys and when your ogres leveled up they started wearing helmets, and could brandish trees.

Checking YouTube got confirmation the battle of the five armies from the last hobbit movie is more ridiculous than I remembered. I recalled the dwarves riding pigs and rams and having ballistas that fire twirling chains to knock elf arrows out of the sky, but I forgot about the orcs having sandworms or the elf riding a moose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Bronze Fonz posted:

Jesus lol I saw it 11 times in the cinema.
Watched even more often the making of's and extras on the extended set than the films themselves.

Yet I watched 1.5 of the Hobbit movies, I think I skipped the second one and couldn't make it through the first one entirely. A friend dragged me to see the third one in theater and all I remember was a very long and boring fight sequence at the end and Legolas jumping on falling rocks. Like the one thing I hated about LOTR, the moments where Legolas would go full Hollywood action sequence, they pushed it to 11... less cringey than the singing, still.

Never seen the LOTR trilogy on shrooms though that must be quite something.

I wish they'd killed off Legolas in Hobbit 2. Just have his body careening down the river and over a waterfall. Give fans something to talk about.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Hahaha oh no! That looks like a documentary now parody