Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug
^ kind of odd to say "just so all the people from LotR wouldn't go out of work" when the law changes Sir Peter fought so hard for that they're called the "Hobbit law" are all about union busting and making the lives of actors worse.

Derpies posted:

If you happen to be in New Zealand visiting Hobbiton is super cool and you can see the fake tree OP it's still just hanging out. They also give you free beers and I highly suggest you pocket the cups.

Hobbiton is nice. I've been at least once. The post-tour ales are really good. They did remove the fake bits of the tree but the real tree is still there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug

Big Beef City posted:

just out of curiosity when you go to hobbiton do the hobbits have any, ah, interesting physical traits regarding their, oh, I dunno, their feet?
And, haha, do you have to take your shoes off when you go in and then maybe they tease your feet for not being up to par and belittle you in front of other visitors, and then maybe they bathe your feet and dress them up and try to feed them to get them plumped up and ready for the hard work feet must do?

Or anything like that? I mean I bet they have a gift shop and stuff right?
Their feet are normal. They're normal human-lings. They wear red and white hatched shirts and blue jeans, as well as close toed shoes.

Yes, there's a gift shop. At the end of the tour there is the Green Dragon Inn where you get a complementary flagon of ale.

For all the dreams of moving to Middle Earth and living here, it was the epicenter of one of the 3 worst outbreaks of Covid in the country. 70+ infections and 1 death are attributed to it. And also all 260 staff at Hobbiton being put out of a job.

And hey, look at that, another visitor to Hobbiton diagnosed with the Covid: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/he...-later-in-japan