Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

As the years go by I like Final Frontier more and Undiscovered Country less. FF is a mess, but it's an ambitious mess with one of the best scores, and the characters are at their best, including uber-charismatic Sybok.

TUC on the other hand aged poorly; the characters are all beginning to become caricatures, when they're not straight up out of character, and if you actually pay attention to the dialogue in the dinner scene it doesn't make a lick of sense. I said it elsewhere but it reads like a much better, longer scene was hacked apart in editing because practically everything is non sequitur.

TUC never lived up to the hype for me. Everyone is way too racist towards the Klingons compared to previous encounters, even including what happened to Kirk's son, and Spock mind-raping Valeris is inexcusable. The novelization handled that better, it made the melding of their two minds a thing that allowed Valeris to see the emotions and empathy Spock had and why it was the right thing to tell what she knew. Nothing about Spock forcing the information out of her.

The II-III-IV trilogy is the heart of the TOS movies and are the only ST films I would say people must watch if they are interested.

I saw all of the TNG movies in the theater, but I don't have any desire to revisit them. They feel like weaker episodes from Season 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

^^^
And people laugh at McCoy's hatred of the transporter.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Where is there brown face in Wrath of Khan?

Ricardo Montalban is Castilian/Mexican and he's playing a Sikh.

PeterCat fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 4, 2020