Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Question for those in this thread: how in the world do you respond to morons who tell you that universal health care is "slavery" because it's "forcing people to give charity"? I've run into this on another forum and its baffling, though I know it's a dumb way to reframe the issue.

I think it's against the rules to promote felonies, so I'mma just say that there's no convincing people with no to low empathy to have it. Best you can do is the utilitarian "Every single major look at what it would cost to implement says it saves the country money overall, and I like saving money". You pay now, or you pay later. You always pay for sick people. There is no FYGM there, no matter how badly someone's tiny narcissistic heart hopes it would be so. You always pay. You can have a good universal health care system and pay up front, or you can have a terrible one and society collapses in the face of a global pandemic and pay later. You always pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU