Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
If Trump wins it'll probably be another 10 years before Americans have any kind of reasonable healthcare system, if Biden wins they very well may never.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I really don't see any path forward for progressive politics in America if Biden is elected. He openly opposes medicare for all and any attempt to make it affordable or available to poor people. If the liberals are appeased by having a guy in the white house who doesn't say stupid things on twitter then there will be no room left for progressive candidates at all. Trump will do the same things Biden would, but he would keep people angry enough that positive change remains possible. I've never actually heard a convincing argument that this is not the case, but if you'd like to present one I'm listening.

e: I honestly don't see how an even more conservative version of the Obama presidency is ever going to get health care for Americans. Trump is Obama's only legacy, and the legacy of a Biden presidency would be much much worse.

Classon Ave. Robot fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 17, 2020