Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

LobsterboyX posted:

If I can get my poo poo together, youll be getting a visit from me in september when we race at the ranch

also, the day that guy crashed his bmw, do you remeber what car I showed up in? I remember it had just happened, then some dude had a brand new Lotus elise that I tried to get in and failed...

50 Buick maybe? My mind tells me it was the pink Caddy but I don't think that is true.

edit: Roadmaster is my guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Previa_fun posted:

this blew my mind at the time. Man, Adiabatic was a good mod. His "don't post about politics" bugged me at the time but if only I had known how insufferable the forums would become with politics in loving everything. Dude was right.

The politics on SA is why I completely forgot about this place for a few years, I still mostly lurk with I think about 1.5 post average per year for the last 4-5 years. He tried his best, but SA posters just couldn’t listen… I think that’s why I only usually frequent the SA marketplace since it’s the only place free of that other BS.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Arson Daily posted:

back in the day minivanmegafun's avatar (the grill to a 3rd gen plymouth voyager) would make me cringe because, having been handed down one in college from my mom, it was the lamest vehicle a college age person could own. Now, seeing it, I'm filled with nostalgia for all of the good times I had in that hunk of junk and how it never left me stranded even with over 200k on the clock. 3 liter mitsu motor and 3 speed transmission was an unkillable combination in those vans, even if the motor drank a quart of NAPA's finest every tank of gas.

I drove a green one. It was great. Didn't have that oil problem, just kept on trucking. I'm nostalgic about it but emphatically do not want it back.

grzydj
Oct 4, 2000

You say agricultural or thrummy, I say totally yummy.

minivanmegafun posted:

it’s actually a second gen, and was on an extended loan from my parents for part of college. It unfortunately had the 3.3L V6+four speed torqueflite, which is an absolute basketcase of a transmission.

I eventually bought my own minivan for $800 (a 1985 Toyota Van) and drove that thing all over the place, to and from Chicago to St. Louis for college, and a trip up to Atlanta and Copper Harbor Michigan for a couple rallys.

Didn't I meet you at LSPR? I could have swore you made it to Sno* Drift in one of your vans too.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Suburban Dad posted:

I miss toaster pastry threads. I can barely remember them at this point but remember them always being cool content wise. Hope he's well.

Trying to meet up with him while I’m in Japan but I don’t think it’s gonna happen. So here’s a Sprinter Trueno I found, they’re everywhere here! Also there’s some trash rear end Ferrari in the background.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 19, 2023

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

grzydj posted:

Didn't I meet you at LSPR? I could have swore you made it to Sno* Drift in one of your vans too.

yup

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I was just looking at an old thread and saw a post from Boomerjinx. That was a great ride through his arc.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.

meatpimp posted:

I was just looking at an old thread and saw a post from Boomerjinx. That was a great ride through his arc.

A lot of people gave that guy such a hard time, but I always saw it as a young man struggling to find his way - I always liked him and kept in touch with him. I was in Co for business with a friend/business partner around 2012/3 (the exact date escapes me) but I hit him up just to get some insider info about Denver - He wound up entertaining and chauffeuring my friend and I for almost a week straight, taking us to cool historic places that were off the beaten path, meeting his friends with cool collections of all types and just generally being a stand up dude. He also introduced me to a whole group of friends that I keep to this day, here in LA that I would have never met if it wasn't for him.

He also came to LA when the shuttle landed at LAX - we had an equally as fun time getting to reciprocate his generosity.

He disappeared shortly after that and I've heard some truly heart wrenching stories of what transpired with him. I don't think anyone truly knows what happened to him because of the wild variations on the stories i've gotten. What I do know is that I was friends with one of his close personal friends on facebook, a few years ago I asked what was up with him and I was instantly blocked.

I was very happy being adjacent to all these groups be it movie props/cars, cosplay or comicon poo poo, and while I followed those stories, I just knew him as a friendly guy that went way far out of his way to make sure some random strangers had a great time in his city. I feel like him being a internet micro-celebrity before the term was invented was a bit too much for him.

I hope he resurfaces some day and has worked past whatever issues he had, because at his core he was a decent human and I really enjoyed talking with him

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Well poo poo, that's too bad. I didn't know there was issues there.

Was it him that got hosed over with the production of that indiana jones movie or was it you?

\/ You're not wrong \/

slidebite fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 28, 2023

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
It was all of us

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003

slidebite posted:

Well poo poo, that's too bad. I didn't know there was issues there.

Was it him that got hosed over with the production of that indiana jones movie or was it you?

\/ You're not wrong \/

hah, definitely not wrong - it was me that lost the car to Indy 4, didn't get screwed, but it was a pretty comical story - he had some drama with his jurassic jeep and people dogged the hell out of him for his ecto 1 dodge magnum

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah I never got the Boomerjinks hate. He was effusive about his dumb cars but otherwise seemed harmless. I guess he had the bad fortune of making posts before the inherent benefits of having 30% of the country who decided being deplorable was a badge of honor set out to prove their bona fides all day, everyday, everywhere as comparison made even the worst posts here seem mostly okay.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
His behavior towards that poor woman who worked for Telltale Games was pretty appalling. Especially since he was the one who was ultimately responsible for the damage his jeep took.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Yeah the whole thing with the JP Jeep and the wrong car cover is what got people so upset. It was his fault but he tried to get everyone to go after the woman with cancer at Telltale.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Just found this old pic of DJ Commies flipped race car

Wasn't it a hungover redscare that totalled it? lol I'm just glad I got to race it before he did :psyduck:

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

His behavior towards that poor woman who worked for Telltale Games was pretty appalling. Especially since he was the one who was ultimately responsible for the damage his jeep took.

is that still available to read? I may have blocked that out, or never read it in the first place

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LobsterboyX posted:

is that still available to read? I may have blocked that out, or never read it in the first place

Here it is: Reddit makes rape threats to a charity worker and I try to scam a small business.

That's what the thread got retitled to after the other side of the story came out. Here's where Boomerjinks' story begins to fall apart. And here's where it got really bad for him.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 28, 2023

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The only thing I remember about Boomerjinks was his movie cars and just being a lovely poster in general. I seem to remember most of AI turning on him for some reason for saying something stupid or something and then he just disappeared.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

aventari posted:

Just found this old pic of DJ Commies flipped race car

Wasn't it a hungover redscare that totalled it? lol I'm just glad I got to race it before he did :psyduck:

Yep. I'm glad he was uninjured, it was not filmed but supposedly was an incredible multi-direction roll. It has lived on somewhat: Another driver has the wing, I have the cage and some parts, engine has been in my Daihatsu Rocky and still works fine with about 8k normal daily driven miles and is a test bed for a turbo kit.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

DJ Commie posted:

Yep. I'm glad he was uninjured, it was not filmed but supposedly was an incredible multi-direction roll. It has lived on somewhat: Another driver has the wing, I have the cage and some parts, engine has been in my Daihatsu Rocky and still works fine with about 8k normal daily driven miles and is a test bed for a turbo kit.

I got those 16x7 Team Dynamics wheels and ran them on my E30 for a long time until they got all bent up even more than when I got them in the first place and sold them on.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
There were a few flipped goon cars in the old LeMons days. The first few years of those races were pretty wild.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The only thing I remember about Boomerjinks was his movie cars and just being a lovely poster in general. I seem to remember most of AI turning on him for some reason for saying something stupid or something and then he just disappeared.

Kinda off topic of your post, but had to quote ya while you were in here. My Subaru is selling tomorrow and I’m going back to basics again.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh poo poo! :lol:

I remember those jorts :swoon:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Classic Sock, I love it.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Oh poo poo! :lol:

I remember those jorts :swoon:

They still fit too. :biglips:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MODS!

I think it's time for a new full size avatar for sock :v:

I don't even remember why you wrote that on your sexy jorts but it was probably something I said lol

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Ha! That’s awesome

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sockington posted:

The Man

The Legend

He who gave us the scale to describe the amount of rust a car has

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Glad he has managed to keep the rust away from the Miata.

And the jorts :v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

those legs :swoon:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I was looking for a story in the archives. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find this jewel from Toucan Sam:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=299195#post273632265

:stare:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

meatpimp posted:

I was looking for a story in the archives. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find this jewel from Toucan Sam:

I was thinking about that post the other day and was wondering what happened to him. Apparently he had a stroke so he's in rehab therapy now.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Oct 23, 2023

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Sockington posted:

Amazing

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Mr. Apollo posted:

I was thinking about that post the other day and was wondering what happened to him. Apparently he had a stroke so he's in rehab therapy now.

I met him once, and I can vouch for him being an absolute wild man. He about killed me showing me his demo derby cars, where we were under the hood and he fired it up and revved the gently caress out of the motor... that had an exhaust consisting of 8 pipes going straight up from the cylinder head... fire and noise like I've seldom seen, especially from 2' away.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

meatpimp posted:

man the style of posting on the forums has evolved somewhat since then eh

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

man the style of posting on the forums has evolved somewhat since then eh
I was looking through the thread and I recognized a lot of usernames that I haven't seen post in a while. When I clicked on their profile, their last activity was all in the 2004 - 2006 range. I didn't think it had been almost 20 years since I last saw them post. :stare:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Mr. Apollo posted:

I was looking through the thread and I recognized a lot of usernames that I haven't seen post in a while. When I clicked on their profile, their last activity was all in the 2004 - 2006 range. I didn't think it had been almost 20 years since I last saw them post. :stare:

It's crazy. So many lost friends, so many crazy stories. That's why I made this thread! We've even had a few old-timers chime in.

Love you all!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I dunno if this is quite the right thread, but the Dutch buyer of my 348 still has the car, and linked me to an ad campaign from a clothing brand using the car!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwuUt4jo3Up

Nice longer video (that I can't find on YT yet) showing the 348 and other nice vehicles:
https://cdn.shopify.com/videos/c/o/v/0cef60dc5454463b82349cf0d00e38a2.webm

Some shots he got of the car on the slopes

Glad the car is out there living its best life.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kimbo305 posted:

I dunno if this is quite the right thread, but the Dutch buyer of my 348 still has the car, and linked me to an ad campaign from a clothing brand using the car!

Glad the car is out there living its best life.

Dude! That's awesome. From BOS to the Dolomites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

kimbo305 posted:

Nice longer video (that I can't find on YT yet) showing the 348 and other nice vehicles:
https://cdn.shopify.com/videos/c/o/v/0cef60dc5454463b82349cf0d00e38a2.webm