Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

We could do trip report threads. Not sure how many people would engage but it would kind of be like ask/tell only for cool trips outside. If you think it is a good idea I could make one this week from a trip last winter. It will have some overlap with the ski thread but I will explain more and add more videos and pics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Verman posted:

I (and assuming most) have local sites to check for trip reports for accurate conditions etc but show-and-tell is always cool. I think that could be a good idea that might inspire some others to get outside and talk about it. It kind of already happens in the hike/camp megathread but a dedicated thread might gain traction. What I've noticed over the last few years, a lot of people come here for trip recommendations no matter if they're newbies or seasoned vets. Books, websites, apps etc can be one thing, but getting personal recommendations from people that have had boots on the trail is infinitely more useful. I'm not sure how often it would get traffic but maybe pairing a "trip report/recommendation" combo thread could be a good start. A place for people to share their recent trips and get recommendations for future trips.

I wasn't thinking of conditions and stuff (not like 14ers.com or stuff like that). More just I went to this cool place, here are some cool pictures and stuff. Ask me some questions. That might turn into a combo thread. I will just do it and if we want to change it up or do something different then cool.